PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Sense

flyingmachine
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:08 AM
After I saw Justine red satin pants who do you think has the best or the worst fashion sense?

The worst fashion sense - Justine Henin-Hardenne

The best fashion sense - Venus Williams

;)

Sam L
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I would tend to agree with that. You think that red satin pants were bad? Have you seen Justine in her turtle-neck? :haha:

Mind you, I think Serena would be runners-up for worst fashion sense. :tape:

for-sure
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Just because Venus and Serena have a Dimploma in fashion does not mean they have great fashion sense...most of the things they wear are just silly.

Jericho
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:25 AM
I agree with flying machine...add Serena with the worst fashion sense as well, I love to death but some of the things she wears just doesnt fit her

Venus definitely has the best fashion sense, not perfect though, like that dress she recently wore, but we're all entitled to a bad fashion day

flyingmachine
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Just because Venus and Serena have a Dimploma in fashion does not mean they have great fashion sense...most of the things they wear are just silly.
Serena can be silly at times but Venus are always great.
I think Justine is a gear a head the rest in terms of bad fashion sense and this is not just red pants. The turtle neck is petty bad too but if you look her photos in her website you will gong to laugh your head off. There are clothing items are so bad that even an old lady will not wear that.

alextreiber04
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Best - Venus/Serena

Worst - Justine/Maureen

switz
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:32 AM
chanda always looks great in my opinion when she is off court.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Of course, I happen to think that Daniela has the best fashion sense of anyone.

Venus is ok, but she has some really big clunkers. I couldn't put her in a class with Daniela.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Oh yes, I didn't think about her because I don't really like her, but Anna K, looks pretty stylish most of the time. A few times I can think of where she might have doubled for a streetwalker... that leopard thing comes to mind.... but by and large, she dresses very well.

flyingmachine
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Daniela has a good fashion sense but on-one could match Venus for her classic looks.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:52 AM
You mean.... "no one"?

Well, that's a matter of perspective, I suppose. :)

Venus does very well with what she has, but I wouldn't call her a classic beauty.

I wouldn't call Daniela a beauty either. I can't think of anyone on the WTA tour that I think is truly beautiful. There are many very pretty girls though.

jd4eva
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Venus has the best fashion sense....by far.

flyingmachine
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:58 AM
I mean no one in the WTA tour rather than no one on earth.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 01:48 AM
I figured you were limiting it to the wta. :)

It was just a typo. I thought it was supposed to be no one but I wasn't sure.

kerbear
Feb 18th, 2004, 02:12 AM
I definately agree that Venus has awesome fashion sense. I absolutely LOVED her AO outfit. And off the court outfits I like a lot too.

beauty_is_pink
Feb 18th, 2004, 02:39 AM
pictures!!!1

Greenout
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Ai Sugiyama has outstanding fashion sense. Have you ever seen
her ever wear anything on court or off court that is bad? Think
about it. It's always never over the top, goofy or tacky. The
clothes always fit perfectly too. :)

Jamesss
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Biassed toward Daniela. You have to admit though Venus has the wow factor when it comes to fashion.

PatM04
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:26 AM
That see-through black shirt that Serena wore was really tacky!

queenrichard
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:28 AM
justine's red satin pants are glorious indeed

i vote for any girl who actually wore the hideous nike tops of the last coup'la years. first that washed out blue thing and now the straps on crack ensemble

Greenout
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:31 AM
justine's red satin pants are glorious indeed

i vote for any girl who actually wore the hideous nike tops of the last coup'la years. first that washed out blue thing and now the straps on crack ensemble

I actually like the red satin pants. It just goes to show you..
the #1 player, and holder of 3 GS champ titles can where whatever
the f**k they like and still look good.

P.S Kids do not try this at home. ;)

queenrichard
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:41 AM
I love those red satin pants! my glorious was not at all intended as sarcasm... :D

Greenout
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:44 AM
I love those red satin pants! my glorious was not at all intended as sarcasm... :D

Don't worry. I know. I can usually detect self deprecating
player humour from vicious mean spirited commentary. :wavey:

queenrichard
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:46 AM
:kiss:

a good ability, that is

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:11 AM
On court I love the red fila outfits they are great I even have one myself!!!

akosijepoy
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:35 AM
VENUS has the best fashion sense

bigshow21
Feb 18th, 2004, 07:22 AM
On court I love the red fila outfits they are great I even have one myself!!!

I love the them too!!!

QUEENLINDSAY
Feb 18th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Ana Kournikova!!!!!!

As for Venus, I think she is trying too hard!!!!!

Dymension
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Best = Venus. :hearts: She really has class.

Worst = Serena / Dementieva. Sorry but I don't like any of the Yonex clothes. :o

tennisIlove09
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:16 AM
BEST (in order)
Venus
Daniela
Lindsay
Chanda
Sugiyama
Anna

Sometimes Alright, Sometimes Terrible
Dokic
Kim
Jennifer
Serena

Worst
Justine
Mauresmo

Rub
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:05 AM
whateva!

Alan
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Best--> Venus, she's lucky to have a naturally great body

Worst--> Serena

Greenout
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:06 AM
whateva!

:haha: Ditto. Same here. :)

SJW
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:01 PM
best-->Anna Kournikova
worst-->Justine

stephanwiberg
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Best dresses/cutest outfist: MARY PIERCE

Worst; Poor Conchita, always the same, as long as possible to cover her very well made for becoming pregnant hips, but then thats a waist cause she is a little Martina

flyingmachine
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:09 PM
If Justine is going to planning a long career in Tennis, we will see her wearing hideous clothes on and off count for a very long time. ;)

Keep laughing.

crazillo
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:19 PM
i hate maggie´s dresses

Paneru
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Venus definitely has the best fashion sense! :worship:

Venus' style is more classic though she does take
some risks, some good and some bad.

With Serena, I liken her to Christina Aguilera in the sense that
her style is every changing, ultimate risk taker's with fashion.
Chances for some hit's, but misses more than not.

caramel
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Daniela has a great fashion sense, I just have to agree with that.... except for when she´s wearing fur. :fiery: Jelena Dokic also has a good one , just like Venus. :D

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Worst dressed
Capriati (none of her stuff is really form fitting or flattering for her figure)
Seles (love her, but a PEACH shirt and skirt?! Blechhh...)
Serena (purple lilac outfits, the catsuit, and rhinestones...enough said)
Marion Bartoli (GET RID OF LE COQ SPORTIF!! PLEASE!!!)
Melien Tu (again it's Yonex, so it's not entirely her fault, but still...)
Eleni Danilidou
Amy Frazier (she's gotten a bit better recently, but some of her stuff is just...yeah...)
Chanda Rubin (just for the fact she's had the same globe panties for 7 years)

Best dressed
Ai Sugiyama (simple and elegant all the time)
Venus (the Wimby dress...enough said)
Anastasia Myskina (the Nike top at AO was gorgeous)
Amelie Mauresmo (she knows her build and wears clothes that are flattering for it)
Cara Black
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (but she can make ANYTHING look good...)
MARY PIERCE (the ultimate queen of fashion)
Amanda Coetzer (see Sanchez Lorenzo)
Silvia Farina Elia (she always look very stylish and classy in Tacchini)

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Most Stylish & winner of the Vogue elite award:

Venus Williams: Yes she has a blunder every blue moon but even when she blunders the outfit still has some redeeming qualities like color or pattern or cut but she wins hands down because the outfits are so unique. Whenever I see a photo of Venus what she wears always catches my eye.

Most Daring and winner of the Hoochie mama award:

Serena Williams: Yes serena we know you are a lady and youre feminine because,well, you keep telling us and baring your breasts like its feeding time in the nursery. We get it, you have breasts, you have a shapely figure, now move on and stop wearing those trashy outfits. Serena looks great maybe two out ten times.

Most Clueless and winner of the I spell fashion k m a r t award:

Jennifer Capriati: I swear this girl never wears the right outfit. Okay maybe once or twice I've seen her looking good on court but ususally on and off she has problems. What was that star number at the open, Yikes! And that leapoard print blouse at some awards show? Whoa mama. She mixes and matches her pieces like she has multiple personality disorder. Not to mention she doesnt use her outfits to disguise certain, shall we say imperfections. You just dont wear a mid driff top when you have a tummy. No no no.

Most Improved and winner of the I better look good or people will talk about me award:

Lindsay Davenport: Lindsay used to dress like a gradmother but now she has kicked things up a notch. Yes she was hampered by the fascists nike clothing rigime but she has overcome that with splashes of color and a trim new bod that doesnt make her look frumpy.

servenrichie
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:31 PM
You mean.... "no one"?

Well, that's a matter of perspective, I suppose. :)

Venus does very well with what she has, but I wouldn't call her a classic beauty.

I wouldn't call Daniela a beauty either. I can't think of anyone on the WTA tour that I think is truly beautiful. There are many very pretty girls though.I think the autor means fashion-sense, you know, like a sense of style not beauty. You babble a lot sometimes and forget what you are are actually replying to:p

DeDe4925
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:34 PM
After I saw Justine red satin pants who do you think has the best or the worst fashion sense?

The worst fashion sense - Justine Henin-Hardenne

The best fashion sense - Venus Williams

;)
Venus and Chanda. Serena sometimes wears cute things, but most of the time she's out there. I especially love that lavender gown she wore to the ESPY's year before last. She looked just beautiful in that gown and there were a couple of other times she had on some cute things. But, Venus is the fashionista and Chanda always just exudes class.
:wavey:

DeDe4925
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:39 PM
BEST (in order)
Venus
Daniela
Lindsay
Chanda
Sugiyama
Anna

Sometimes Alright, Sometimes Terrible
Dokic
Kim
Jennifer
Serena

Worst
Justine
Mauresmo

I think the worst are JenCap and Justine, but not in that order. Those red satin pants took me back to my roller disco days. All she needed was a pair of skates.
:wavey:

DeDe4925
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:44 PM
I think the autor means fashion-sense, you know, like a sense of style not beauty. You babble a lot sometimes and forget what you are are actually replying to:p
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

DA FOREHAND
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Venus Williams

Steffi Graf

SerialKiller#69
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:09 PM
These are the 3 best in my opinion.

Anna Kournikova, Ai Sugiyama, Kim Clijsters, Elena Dementieva

Worst:

Serena Williams (that horrible horrible see through dress!), Venus Williams (she's got the pyhsique but either Serena influences her or she just has bad taste based on some I've seen), Justine Henin-Hardenne (I think she's improving though, weird enough i like those red satins lol), Jennifer Capriati

*abby*
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:21 PM
i loved jennys pink fila outfit that time at the AO
and the red and blue fila i think at the french
jenny looked great in them.....she is their best player (thats y they gave her a ferrari!!!)