PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva's new coach!!!

j_dementieva27
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Third seed Elena Dementieva had a slow start this year. "I need some more time. My new coach and former player Olga Morozova will help me to reach a higher level. My main ambition is to reach top five, in the long run I even aim at the number one spot. The Olympics are my main objective this year, for me they're even more important than the Grand Slams".

from the diamond games website

im intrigues... olga morozova, argueably the best russian player coaching elena, the current #2 russian... i think thats its good for elena, to get another opinion than her mother

elena has a stevenson like problem, but elena isnt as stubborn as alex

glad that shes getting a new coach!!!

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:07 PM
this is good news

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:09 PM
hey j_dementieva mate. :wavey:

I think Olga can help her game, I luved watching pass Wimbly videos of her :p

j_dementieva27
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:10 PM
:wavey: hey spikey, im 5-0 at antwerp, tied for third in PAW...

have you seen olga play.. what aspect to you think shell try to infuse into elena's game

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Olga was really consistent and patient, I think that will help Elena D :D

And :bigclap: for PAW, it's my bday today :aparty: :D

apoet29
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:20 PM
This is great news. Elena has needed a coach for so long. She did well last year, winning three titles, but I am happy to see that she recognized the need for a coach to get to the next level.

j_dementieva27
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:32 PM
:aparty: :aparty: awesome aidan.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... how old?

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:39 PM
17 lol :p :wavey:

PatM04
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Great news from her!

BK4ever
Feb 18th, 2004, 01:39 AM
I'm shocked that Olga is Elena's coach...its a great development. Last summer, I saw Olga at the Open and we chatted several times and we especially talked about Elena as both her and I thought that Elena had the most potential and weapons of all the russian players...she talked about how Russian Federation coaches had talked to Elena over and over again about needing a coach but she would not listen to them...its quite ironic that Olga ends up as her coach...I hope Olga can help her fix that serve, because if she evers get its fixed...the tour will become even more interesting at the top...

jimbo mack
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:51 AM
this is definitely good news!!!!!

even though elena's very good now, anyone can see that she really does have the talent to improve alot more

hopefully her coach will help her do that! :)

Dymension
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Great move by Dementieva, she needed this.

Can't wait to see how she goes with Olga, imagine how good she would be if she had a serve like Davenport. :eek: :tape:

moo_ont
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I am so glad Elena works with Olga. She needs some time to adjust her game and serve, but this will pay off.

DEETHELICK
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Hopefully this is the start of a huge rise for Elena. She is right up there in talent stakes with Clijsters, Henin and Dokic, she just needs someone to help her harness it!

Stephieva
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:27 PM
good news and am happy about that. but, i don't know who olga is. hopefully, they'll be good together. i want better results from elena.

the cat
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM
This is very good news for long time Elena Dementieva fans. :) I just hope Olga Morozova will coach Elena full time and work on her terrible service technique. And I hope Elena's mother stays out of their way and let's Olga do her job as Elena's tennis coach.

I think it will take time for Olga's coaching to have an impact on her game. But I'm willing to wait.

Elena is blessed with excellent size, power and speed. But her weak serve has held her back for years. :( If she can correct that problem she could become a top 5 player at some point in her career.

Udachi Elena! :bounce:

Hantuchov
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Yup! :p
I hope Olga improves Alyona's 2nd serve technique. For sure, if she corrects it, Nastya will say: "Bye bye :wavey:" to the #1 Russian player position!

Go Alyona! :hearts: :inlove: :hearts:

vutt
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Wasn't Olga Morozova somehow involved with British tennis. Does she have time to coach Elena?

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Morozova with British tennis? I don't know but that would be weird. It's nice that Lena has a new coach, maybe Morozova will make her more consistent?

hewittrok
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Finally she has a coach!!!!:worship: