PDA

View Full Version : 10th seed beaten by Qualifier at Antwerp

Etienne Stekelenburg
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Klara Koukalova defeated Magui Serna at the Proximus Diamond Games in Antwerp Belgium.

Feel free to read the matchreport at http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s133/st46013.htm

TeamWTA.com

E.

per4ever
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I saw Klara in the qualifying..she played stunning against Stephanie Cohen-Aloro, so this isn't really a surprising result for me.

jimbo mack
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:56 PM
i'm not at all surprised by this result

magui is inconsistent indoors, and koukalova has great groundstrokes

MS
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:18 PM
A disaster for Magi's fans... :sad: :sad: but congrats to Klara

MisterQ
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I think I remember watching Koukalova play against Seles. She was a good player.

- L i n a -
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Not surprising at all. Magui's played terrible all year.

davenport_1
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:27 PM
I think I remember watching Koukalova play against Seles. She was a good player.

I disagree. Seles could barely run and still took a set off Koukalova.

davenport_1
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Magui has never been that great of a player so I'm not surprised. She only got to .....1 gs quarterfinal? Her game is pretty boring too in my opinion.

switz
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Magui has never been that great of a player so I'm not surprised. She only got to .....1 gs quarterfinal? Her game is pretty boring too in my opinion.

i don't really like serna, but i think she has one of the more distinctive games on tour. she uses heavy top-spin slices her backhand regularly and has quite a bit of touch at net. the fact that her best results have come on clay and grass is indicative of the great variety she possesses in her game. of course you are entitled to your opinion.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Klara!! Klara!!!!

I love to watch her play. She is a good player but she's weak mentally. She could do very nicely if she had more confidence in herself. I've seen her winning the match and then getting upset about a call or a shot and not able to pull herself back from it, and go on to lose the match.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I'm glad you've seen Klara play and liked her. :)

switz
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:44 AM
she beat myriam in final round qualifying and therefore i hate her (not really). such a good. safina is a really good player, but myriam beat in sydney!!! such a chance wasted (not really wasted, because koukalova took it from her)

davenport_1
Feb 18th, 2004, 02:02 AM
i don't really like serna, but i think she has one of the more distinctive games on tour. she uses heavy top-spin slices her backhand regularly and has quite a bit of touch at net. the fact that her best results have come on clay and grass is indicative of the great variety she possesses in her game. of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Im sorry if i offended you but slices and topspin shots don't interest me as much as hard, clean flat winners that Davenport and Henin can make.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 18th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Klara :hearts:

switz
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Im sorry if i offended you but slices and topspin shots don't interest me as much as hard, clean flat winners that Davenport and Henin can make.

you didn't offend me. i don't even see where you got that idea as i said you were entitled to your opinion. i don't find her exhilarating to watch, i just don't think she's boring compared to the majority of players who just do the same thing over and over again.my two favourites are patty and chanda and i think that says it all in terms of what i find exciting in a player.

katrientje
Feb 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM
I saw her match yesterday. She is a very good player with very clean groundies and good movement.
Only that attitude... she reminds me a lot of zvonareva. Constantly shaking her head even when she is in a winning position. It looks she doesn't enjoy playing tennis at all...