PDA

View Full Version : SmashCourt Tennis 2 for PS2 announced

Keith
Feb 17th, 2004, 04:22 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchnews.asp?newsid=136985

Namco plans to release its next tennis title for the PlayStation 2 this summer.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Namco have today announced that they're working on Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2. Scheduled for release this summer, the game will feature official tournament such as Wimbledon, and a number of licensed players including Serena Williams, Lleyton Hewitt, and Juan Carlos Ferrero. Players will have the option to create their own character for use in the game's pro tour mode.

Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 will feature a number of gameplay options for up to four players. Lesson mode will assist new players through tutorials, arcade mode will provide an easy way for players to jump into major tournaments, exhibition mode is for players wishing to have a quick game, and watch mode lets players sit back and enjoy a CPU head-to-head match. The game's challenge mode will comprise several different minigames designed to improve players' skills.

We'll bring you more information on Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, you might like to check out our full review of the game's predecessor, which was released back in 2002.

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot [POSTED: 02/16/04 09:31 AM]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this will be online for the PS2? Hmm...

harloo
Feb 17th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Woohoo! It sounds better than no.1. Well at least I hope it is.

shap_half
Feb 17th, 2004, 04:56 PM
How is SCT1?

Keith
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I thought it was an ok game. It just got old really quick.

harloo
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:04 PM
ST1 kind of sucked, especially the tour mode which was very limited IMO. I have alot of bad tennis games, and this one is not worser than Hardhitter tennis.

Keith
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I kind of liked Hard Hitter. Although I always laugh aloud when the announcer says, "She really loves playing tennis"

Keith
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Plus, HH was only like $8. Can't really complain about that!

harloo
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I kind of liked Hard Hitter. Although I always laugh aloud when the announcer says, "She really loves playing tennis"
Keith, the controls on HH tennis really gets on my nerves. It is just too hard to control your shots. And the serve is the most hardest.

I could never beat anyone in the 6 level or above. The tour is long, but you cannot use the pad to play. It's frustrating.:)