PDA

View Full Version : Dokics serve?

KINGLIRE
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Watching her matches she hits many 100 mph 99 mph, i never have yet seen her hit harder services. Do you know Jelenas Hardest recorded serve?

KINGLIRE
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:02 PM
does anyone know her fastest serve?

Havok
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:09 PM
im sure it's no more than 105 mph. she doesn't hit it really fast, but it's very consistent(95-100 mph range), and her 2nd serves are always in the high 80's, low 90's

j_dementieva27
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:19 PM
yes, jokic's first serve is consistantly in the high 90's, break 100-103 every now and then

second serve can trail off into the low 70's on a bad day though

jd4eva
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Jelena's fastest ever serve was 106 MPH which was around 170 km/h

SuperG
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:39 PM

at the last 5 Grand Slams she played she was ALWAYS one of the three players with the fastest second serve!!!!!!!!!
Only Jelena and Capriati have matches recorded with an average second serve speed of 90mph!!!!!!!
NO OTHER PLAYER!!!!!!!

How comes you tell such bullshit?

Just because you dont like her?

laj
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Jelena fastest serve ever is the 106-108 mph range. She is also one of the queens of Double-Faults (joining Capriati, Stevenson, Iroda, Venus, and Kournikova as the WTA Queens of DF); because like those aforementioned players, save for Venus, Jelena has a very consistently fast second serve.

vutt
Feb 18th, 2004, 07:27 PM
i'm afraid you are confusing her with creatine another yonex girl!!
70's - it has to be really, really bad day then. :rolleyes:

but she is Queen Of DF's - that's for sure... :devil:

j_dementieva27
Feb 18th, 2004, 07:34 PM
i'm afraid you are confusing her with creatine another yonex girl!!
70's - it has to be really, really bad day then. :rolleyes:

but she is Queen Of DF's - that's for sure... :devil:

no, i do liek jelena dokic alot

and YES jelena's SECOND serve can trail into the high 70's on an given day and into the mid on a bad day... i was watching one of her matcches last year (during the indoor season, when she was playing well) and her second serve didnt have much spin on it at all

but overall, dokic does have a good first serve and just an okay second serve

SuperG
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:42 PM
hmmmm....
to me Jelena has an alright first serve (compared to others in the top15). nothing outstanding. her second serve would be top5 in the world, if she wouldnt hit so many double faults....

but thats just Jelenas style. full risk on second serve to either hit a double fault or have some advantage of her second serve, too.

if you dont like it, support other players.

but dont say she has a bad second serve, as she has not!

(you are right about the spin-thing, though)

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:51 PM
hmmmm....
to me Jelena has an alright first serve (compared to others in the top15). nothing outstanding. her second serve would be top5 in the world, if she wouldnt hit so many double faults....

but thats just Jelenas style. full risk on second serve to either hit a double fault or have some advantage of her second serve, too.

if you dont like it, support other players.

but dont say she has a bad second serve, as she has not!

(you are right about the spin-thing, though)

I have to say her 2nd serve is quite good. She does hit a few DFs but that's when she's off :o it's not attackable because it's still a powerful serve

I wonder why her 1st serve is not as fast as other top players that hit as hard as she does, but its average speed is alright and she can place it well. It surprises me that people like Dominikovic and Kournikova have recorded serves at 185Kmph and Dokic hasn't, but I guess it all comes down to consistency, and Dokic has that in her 1st serve. When she's playing well, there are matches when she wins without dropping serve once :eek: Even Venus and Serena get broken at least once per set, even when they blow opponents 6-1 6-1, they usually drop serve rather than the opponent holding. Dokic, in that match against Kim in Zurich for instance, after being smashed in the 1st set losing 1-6, she was never broken again :eek: and won in 3

Hi :wavey: Gerhard :D

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Jelena second serve is good when it goes in obviously. But the fact that she misses it so often makes it a bad second serve, because it has no spin...Serving double-digit double faults in a match will really hurt you...That, and I've seen players attack her second serve if it's a good returner...And this is coming from a Jelena fan...

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Jelena second serve is good when it goes in obviously. But the fact that she misses it so often makes it a bad second serve, because it has no spin...Serving double-digit double faults in a match will really hurt you...That, and I've seen players attack her second serve if it's a good returner...And this is coming from a Jelena fan...

If they aren't going to attack her 2nd serve, then WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO ATTACK?! :D

Yeh I know she hits lots of doubles and has lost tons of matches 'cause of them. But I don't see her playing it safe. Not even in her 2nd serve. Heinz Gunthardt, her coach last year(and former steffi's coach) was turning her into a "safe" player. She was not going for her shots and her serve was shit last year during that time. And she kept hitting lots of DFs and errors, so playing safe is not going to work for Dokic ever. She has beaten almost everyone with her agressive game, and that's the way she'll keep winning against the top players :D

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:13 PM
If they aren't going to attack her 2nd serve, then WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO ATTACK?! :D

Yeh I know she hits lots of doubles and has lost tons of matches 'cause of them. But I don't see her playing it safe. Not even in her 2nd serve. Heinz Gunthardt, her coach last year(and former steffi's coach) was turning her into a "safe" player. She was not going for her shots and her serve was shit last year during that time. And she kept hitting lots of DFs and errors, so playing safe is not going to work for Dokic ever. She has beaten almost everyone with her agressive game, and that's the way she'll keep winning against the top players :D
of course she should still be aggressive and attack, but for her to go to the next level she needs to add safety to her second serve...she hits it flat and its good when it goes in, but that doesnt mean she cant add spin to it to make it safer and still have it be good...adding safety to her second serve will help and it wont interfere with her trying to be aggressive...its about playing smart tennis