PDA

View Full Version : Karolina Sprem?

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:08 AM
just wondering how hard she hits the ball compared with players like the williams sisters etc?

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Not as hard.

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:13 AM
give me a comparison. how hard does she hit?

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I've never seen her, Gowza. But from what I hear, she has a fair amount of power.

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:14 AM
ok, thanx anyway

Rtael
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Lol....really helpful Cinnamon....I've seen some clips of her play but I don't know shit soooo....lol.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Lol....really helpful Cinnamon....I've seen some clips of her play but I don't know shit soooo....lol.

Well, he asked an obvious question. How does she hit in comparison to the sisters. The obvious answer is not as hard. ;)

Joachim
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I think that Karolina will be in the top 10 very soon!

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
sisters etc, in other words the top players not just the sisters

Rtael
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Not necessarily.....Mirjana is relatively unknown, outside her hardcore fans, but she's more powerful than either of the sisters, so the answer really isn't so obvious. Not that I think Sprem is more powerful than the sisters but still.....

Anyway Gowza....ask Ath (AkA Seles) he saw the same clips of Sprem that I saw from last year's Vienna.

Wimanna
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM
I think that Karolina will be in the top 10 very soon!
Yeah, maybe not this year, but she'll be close to top-10 anayway at the end of the year. She hits hard on both sides, I really like her BH crosscourt.
Let say she has the power like Myskina...

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Not necessarily.....Mirjana is relatively unknown, outside her hardcore fans, but she's more powerful than either of the sisters, so the answer really isn't so obvious. Not that I think Sprem is more powerful than the sisters but still.....

Anyway Gowza....ask Ath (AkA Seles) he saw the same clips of Sprem that I saw from last year's Vienna.

No, Mirjana is not relatively unknown. Unless perhaps you started liking tennis last week. If you were around in '97/98 when nobody could shut up about her, you'd understand.

So anyway, if she had the power of the sisters, I'm sure it would be the same deal. But she doesn't. Not that she's not good though.

Joachim
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah, maybe not this year, but she'll be close to top-10 anayway at the end of the year. She hits hard on both sides, I really like her BH crosscourt.
Let say she has the power like Myskina...

Many people saythat Karolina is better than Iva Majoli(RG champion and#4).

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Many people saythat Karolina is better than Iva Majoli(RG champion and#4).

So are 150 other players.

Scorch
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I saw her practice last year at Wimbledon and she does hit the ball hard as for comparisons I would say someone like.......ummmm.........well yeah myskina would be a good comparison. She certainly hit the hardest out of the group that she was drilling with (sorry did not recognise any of them). but (and this is a big but!) klina puts a good deal of work on the ball, I am not talking conchita amounts of spin but her shots are not flat at all at least not when I saw her. I think the combination of power and 'heavy' shots points to good things from her. She also came across as being a bit of a minx if you know what I mean!!

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:48 PM
:dance:

jrm
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Think Majoli ... her biggest weapons is her forehand and has tons of problems with her serve

katrientje
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I saw K-lina today in antwerp and I was really surprised with the amount of power she produces. after all she has quite a fragil frame. She plays really exciting tennis and is very much fun to watch.

Glenn
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Yea, I watched Karolina today too.
She impressed me with her angles, not as much with her power.
She can get the weirdest angles on both backhand and forehand.
For instance, she will stand in the centre of the court and still hit a short-angled crosscourt forehand on the line for a winner.
I would say she hits about as hard as Zvonareva or Myskina yea...

j_dementieva27
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:35 PM
now.. lets say if someone (me) where to make karolina sprem in topspin on xbox... how would your rate each of the following ablities for her?

Serve
Forehand
Backhand
Volleys
(you can only use 14 stars, max of 5 for each category... those who made her in topspin tell me how you did it)

Haywood
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I saw Sprem play Weingartner at Open Gaz de France in Paris last week. I feel they both hit the ball very hard. But it seemed the softer shots were not as well placed as the top pros, and basically not as hard as consistently as the Williams. I was front row in the smaller stadium that seats only 100 or so, so i was in a position to judge. they hit the ball damn hard.....

ok, thanx anyway