PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros - is it too early to talk about - Anyone going this Year?

"Sluggy"
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
As I live in Paris, and the OpenGazdeFrance is over, all i have to do is wait til Spring and the best tennis event in the World Roland Garros. If you've never been I can tell you that it is awesome. Anyone have any predictions as to who will win? Bring your autograph books and tennis balls, cause like at the USOPEN ive heard, there is a good chance of getting photos with players and some autographs. I know of a couple cheap hotels not too far from Roland Garros, if you want a suggestion. I think the hotels are about 50 euros now, which is a bit more what with the dollar having fallen so low.

azza
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Lies. your from the United States.

"Sluggy"
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Yes, I am from the United States. Its funny how some people tend to doubt others people's veracity.....
I moved to France In March 2002, just in time to go to Roland Garros for the 2nd time. what do you think I'm a travel agent, or in the hotel industry? I dont get it. I speak fluent french, and yes I am a native New Yorker. What do you think I was lying about? signed, VERY CONFUSED!!!!

Lies. your from the United States.

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Watch out for Sprem this year, her first ever RO.

MS
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I'll go the first week! :D:D (my third time! :eek: )

"Sluggy"
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Sprem was excellent, but unfortuantely Weingartner was too much for her. The quality of play was soo outstanding. I think a lot of people dont realize how good these women are, women ranked in the top 100 are so amazing. obviously there is a great difference between the top 10 and the others. Sprem looked very good. dont remember the final score, but it was a good match.

Watch out for Sprem this year, her first ever RO.

Rtael
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Sprem won....:scratch:

"Sluggy"
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:52 AM
As Homer Simpson would say, doooooo. I must have forgotten. Weingartner stayed around through Friday at least, she must have still been in the doubles. which by the way was poorly covered by the gazdefrance site and the WTA site. i couldnt for the life of me figure out who was left in the doubles. :rolleyes:

Sprem won....:scratch:

"Sluggy"
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I'll go the first week! :D:D (my third time! :eek: )
She was very very nice. and she took her time and signed a nice autograph, and then put three little dots above the U for Magui. She seemed super super nice....I'll check our her site now that you left the link for.........Paul