PDA

View Full Version : Justine Under the weather, asks for Thursday start...

JustineTime
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:57 PM
From Justine's site(I didn't see this posted previously):

It’s raining forfaits

Justine has been a little sick the last few days and hopes to play her first match on Thursday instead of Wednesday, in order to regain a few extra powers before going into battle. Her opponent in the first round won’t be Bovina because she gave up due to an injury. Justine will play her first match against the winner from the duel Chladkova-Galiardi.
Recent news is the forfait of VENUS WILLIAMS. The American player still has some problems with her knee injury. After Jennifer Capriati and Amélie Mauresmo, it’s now Venus Williams who won’t be able to make it. It’s almost an epidemic of injuries this tennis season.

But what else is new, eh, Justinehaters? :hehehe:

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:38 PM
mmmmm..... Wanting some of that special treatment she thinks Kim is getting, huh? ;)

Hawk
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:44 PM
mmmmm..... Wanting some of that special treatment she thinks Kim is getting, huh? ;)
lol :p

who was thinking that?...no I ;)

Anyhoo give her the Thursday start I say..it's no big deal. Plus I would prefer if Kim started on Wednesday :D

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Yup. She can start on Thursday, if that makes her feel better. :)

jimbo mack
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:20 AM
it'd be nice to have a tournament where justine would claim she was totally fit and healthy

now wouldnt that be a surprise?! ;)

Rub
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:41 AM
:lol:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Perhaps she just has a weak immune system.

Greenout
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:48 AM
it'd be nice to have a tournament where justine would claim she was totally fit and healthy

now wouldnt that be a surprise?! ;)

Hey, buddy.You are asking for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. ;)
The pics from Saturday ,when she requested the Thursday start,
at the Kids day clinic did show the Justinator looking a bit sicky.
Red nosed, kind of pale...either that or Pierre Yves gave her
a Valentine's day present that even Anston Kuchner could be proud
of. :tape:

ys
Feb 17th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Why?:confused: I thought it is already too late for Oscar nominations..

tennisIlove09
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:01 AM
It's a big tournament (well, not really. Tier 2, but it's in Belgium. It's a big tournament for her), and she's sick.

What else is new?

- L i n a -
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Her opponent in the first round won’t be Bovina because she gave up due to an injury. Justine will play her first match against the winner from the duel Chladkova-Galiardi.

They were assuming Bovina would win? :confused:

I wouldn't assume she'd beat Nancy now.

Anyway, it doesn't help Justine's cause to open on Thursday. 4 matches in 4 days isn't fun.

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:09 AM
u know i find this, well, in a way i find it quite worrying. is it just me or does justine get ill or feel under the weather a lot more than the other players? one year at RG she was ill and hasnt she already felt under the weather this year like at AO or something, and she has had a few other times. she is very fit and works very hard, im just wondering whether its way of taking its toll on her is by getting her ill, maybe she is working a bit to hard or maybe the body just cant handle it every now and then. btw im not a justine fan.

Greenout
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:53 AM
u know i find this, well, in a way i find it quite worrying. is it just me or does justine get ill or feel under the weather a lot more than the other players? one year at RG she was ill and hasnt she already felt under the weather this year like at AO or something, and she has had a few other times. she is very fit and works very hard, im just wondering whether its way of taking its toll on her is by getting her ill, maybe she is working a bit to hard or maybe the body just cant handle it every now and then. btw im not a justine fan.

Actually, she's always been quite fragile. It's not as if she's
injured- so that's an improvement. Her body use to really
breakdown before. I do think that the schedules are kind of tough
for everybody with alot of air travel and climate changes.

Trent
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:43 AM

That comment just made my day, cheers :D

malaye
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:48 AM
u know i find this, well, in a way i find it quite worrying. is it just me or does justine get ill or feel under the weather a lot more than the other players? one year at RG she was ill and hasnt she already felt under the weather this year like at AO or something, and she has had a few other times. she is very fit and works very hard, im just wondering whether its way of taking its toll on her is by getting her ill, maybe she is working a bit to hard or maybe the body just cant handle it every now and then. btw im not a justine fan.It's not just you. A few weeks ago her father told a newspaper that he was surprised she became n°1. He said he never thought she could ever reach such a high ranking, given that when she was a kid, she was very frail and often sick and injured !
There are people who are just prone to illnesses and injuries, and Justine is one of them. Although her tailor-made training helped her to avoid major injuries recently, she does seem to have bouts of pharyngitis, flu and so on.

Mariangelina
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Poor Justine :sad: Get well soon. I know how she feels, as I'm usually sick all winter :rolleyes:

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: AND MAY ALL SICK AND INJURED PLAYERS, ESPECIALLY Amélie, GET WELL SOON! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

As you can see, I'm :crazy: :inlove:

SJW
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:13 PM

for real though...she's a great player now...she doesn't lose...she doesn't need those ready made excuses anymore :)

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:17 PM

for real though...she's a great player now...she doesn't lose...she doesn't need those ready made excuses anymore :)

How do you know it's an excuse?

And why would she be making excuses ahead of a match with Chladkova?

Look, she's not the first nor the last top player to request a late start. It happens all the time and this isn't something new, nor does it put the tourney out, since all that really has to happen here is that the quarters go on Friday. Justine can play her 2r Thursday if she wants and that doesn't harm the draw.

And in fact, some would say requesting a Thursday start would make things TOUGHER on you since you would have to contest four matches in four days to take the title.

Rub
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:17 PM
c'mon justine!

starr
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
lol... we could all tell that you weren't a Justine fan.

I think there's something going around. Daniela had to withdraw from Paris because of a respriatory illness. Justine might have caught a similar bug. It's that time of year. Players do get ill just like other people. I've no doubt that she has the sniffles. It can't be fun to play tennis like that.

starr
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Kim says that she is paranoid about getting sick particularly when there is a bug going around a tournament. She combats illness by washing her hands frequently, and by not touching things like railings with her hands.

Frequent hand washing and not touching your face with your hands is the best prevention for not picking up viruses. I'm in situations sometimes where I'm surrounded by people coughing and sniffling, and really.... I just don't want to touch ANYTHING! I've no time to be sick.

lizchris
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:06 PM
The organizers gave in to Justine's request and she will be starting on Thursday, possibly playing a night match, which according to an article I read, is unusual.

Allez-H
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Normally Justine asks the organisation to start early and to play early in the day,so that she can rest before the quarterfinals,so she must be really sick.

Hulet
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Kim says that she is paranoid about getting sick particularly when there is a bug going around a tournament. She combats illness by washing her hands frequently, and by not touching things like railings with her hands.

Frequent hand washing and not touching your face with your hands is the best prevention for not picking up viruses. I'm in situations sometimes where I'm surrounded by people coughing and sniffling, and really.... I just don't want to touch ANYTHING! I've no time to be sick.

Well, I would think not kissing your opponents after a match will go a long way in protecting yourselve against virus, but I guess no body told kim that yet. :)

Lady
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Well, Kim always had Thursday starts last year, when she was #1, i thought that was the usual thing for tournaments :confused:
Is it really that unusual?? :shrug:

Allez-H
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Well, Kim always had Thursday starts last year, when she was #1, i thought that was the usual thing for tournaments :confused:
Is it really that unusual?? :shrug:
Nope but because were talking about Justine it is.Everything Justine does is unusual :p