PDA

View Full Version : Does the future of tennis revolve around sex?

selesfan1
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:27 AM
I mean that is what it seems firts maria sharapova is being marketed as the next anna. Ashley Harkleroad declares she likes things short and clingy and that the crowd was on her side because of the outfit and then she appears in Tennis magazine with the Headline American anna. Then some junior guy Brendan Evans is praised because 8 year old girls screamed during his matches because of his frosted tips and his Paisley boxers. I don't know but since when do tennis and the underwear a player wears much less if you can see it matter. If I ever become a pro I want to be like Lindsay and let my racket do the talking.

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Thread answer: The world revolves around sex, dear friend. :eek: :p :angel:

jel-x
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:06 AM
TeeRexx said it.

Doesn't make it right, but it's true.

Jordan.
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Sex forever!!!:eek:
Maybe Martina will wear tight clingy short things...:wavey:

Jordan.
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:11 AM
J/K She has more respect for herself than that...

rian_ran
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:06 AM
'Thread answer: The world revolves around sex, dear friend'

The World doesn't revolve around sex, it revolves around the Sun.

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
I guess you have fun weekends.:p

Jeff
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Oh yeah, for sure I think tennis revolves around sex. It's not my main reason for the love of WTA, but for sure it's because of the sex symbols like Anna, Martina and Jelena that tennis has become as popular as it is now. When I went to the Acura Classic last year, most guys I met that were my age (19-20) hadn't a clue who Jelena Dokic was. The only reason they were at the tournament, was because their friend told them hot chics would be there. SO, yeah, I think that sums up your question ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:18 AM
It always has since the days of Suzanne Lenglen

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Yeah Egg, like you and your buddies never noticed VENUS' legs and SERENA'S butt. :rolleyes: :p

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:09 AM
I would have seen their butts if i went to see them play.

I haven't seen alot of top players live, just don't appeal to me.
see enough of them on the TV.

yet to see Hingis,Venus, Pierce, Seles, Mauresmo,Testud to name a few

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Another thread answer:

Hell yes tennis revolves around sex.
How else would we get more junior players without good old sex? :eek: :p

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:17 PM
lol @ TeeRexx. On form today are we?

Mmm.... tennis revolving around sex. A good thing all round methinks.

Sam L
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:45 PM
I think it's good as long as it keeps it tasteful. Like outfits that are fashionable and not tacky or trashy...

"Then some junior guy Brendan Evans is praised because 8 year old girls screamed during his matches because of his frosted tips and his Paisley boxers."

What are frosted tips? and paisley boxers? :confused:

Also is that a typo? you mean 18? i wouldn't be too flattered if 8 year old girls screamed during my matches :rolleyes:

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:48 PM
yeah - what are frosted tips? They sound good :drool:

Paisley boxers would, I presume, be his underwear. Nice. Never heard of this guy before... will have to, um, look out for him.

Beige
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
What's the saying again? Oh yeah-- "sex sells". :cool:

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Frosted tips - I think the ends of his hair is blonde.
Paisley boxers - 60's retro sounds to me. I still have hearts on mine. :eek: :p

Keith
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Evans is not cute. I think he is like 17 or 18 and I dont like guys that young anyway...but he is not that attractive. Perhaps he is just charismatic and stylish.

here is his pic

http://www.collegeandjuniortennis.com/PHOTOS/BrendanEvans&BrettJoelson.jpg

Brenden is on the right

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:39 PM
hmm, no, Evans not cute at all. Even the hair's too long to be attractive.

Incidentally, who's that in your avatar, Jenny fan?

Sam L
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Frosted tips - I think the ends of his hair is blonde.
Paisley boxers - 60's retro sounds to me. I still have hearts on mine. :eek: :p

Thanx, I don't know what's such a big deal about that? :eek:

Anyway, thanx for the photo Jenny fan, I agree he's not that cute at all.

Keith
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:14 PM
That is me in the avatar.

timmbo
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:25 PM
*wipes sweat from forehead*

Cutie:bounce:

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2002, 06:17 PM
What, like, again? Mmm. Pity you're not in my country.

Tim, this is one of the only times I've seen you in GM - but with the word 'sex' in the thread title I shouldn't be surprised. :p

Bright Red
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Selling sex continues to be a proven formula for success. I am happy that tennis still has the sport itself as a focus.

For example, last year's USO was missing Anna K, but it set records in attendance and Nielsen's. Hopefully it'll continue.

disposablehero
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:09 AM
One can only hope. :hearts:

Volcana
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:31 AM
I have a great deal of difficulty believing in Sharapova, and even less in Harkleroad. As for the future, Venus, Martina, Serena, Kim, Justine and Jelena are all 21 or younger.

I see no one in the ranks of the younger players I expect to equal them. Venus won her first GS just after her 0th birthday. Serena won her's at 18, Martina while in diapers. Who's gonna do that? Harkleroad is already 16 and is ranked 263rd. Somehow, Martina's record as youngest to win a GS titles seems safe.

disposablehero
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't be that fast to humbug Sharapova, Volcana. She is only 14, and handled Elke Clijsters far more easily than Patty Schnyder did. I don't expect her or anyone else to win a Slam at age 16, but you can probably pencil her in for one in the next half dozen years or so.