PDA

View Full Version : Tijuana??

PatM04
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:43 AM
I was just looking at the Summer schedule and I just now noticed that Tier IV in Tijuana the week of August 9th. I don't remember seeing it on the schedule a few days ago. Can someone tell me where this came from and how this tourny came about? Thanks!

sylvain
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:54 AM
A few weeks ago in the calendar there was: USA TBA
(Tiers IV): this is this tournament, they decided to play it in Mexico instead of USA.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Woof. That is going to be one badly played event. Everybody will have a Tequila hangover.

spiceboy
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
LOL I know one player who has actually played kinda drunk :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil:

jimbo mack
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
will it played on clay? thats what i'm presuming...................

esquímaux
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I know! :eek: I think the organizer for Tijuana was on mirajuana :lol: and that forest hills tourney is just :tape:

croat123
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:52 PM
omg :o

Blazedboy
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Ew I go to school in SOuther California, and I have been to Tijuana, and it is pretty gross there, i can't imagine which players will be playing there but I might go.!

PatM04
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:26 PM
will it played on clay? thats what i'm presuming...................
Actually on the WTA site it says it will be played on hard courts.:confused: I would have thought clay too. Also thanks for the info guys! At first I didn't think a lot of people would want to enter and it would be a weak event. But looking at the schedule it is right after the southern California swing and some of the players who will have been playing qualies in the big events may want to save traveling money and stay in the area for another week (not to mention get some easy points). I'll say that this tourny will have 1 top 40 player and 3 top 50. Oh, and I have been to Tijuana too and it is disgusting!