PDA

View Full Version : Are "fist pumping" celebrations, battle roars still considered rude?

Greenout
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Just out read about the Agassi -vs- Mardy Fish from Siebel,
and I was wondering if the "Fist Pumping" and "battle roars"
are still considered rude?

Perhaps, I've been watching too many women's matches because
everybody does it and I haven't heard a reply ala Agassi's
"Come on You fu*king Asshole" from a WTA match?

(Well...not counting the Jenn, Myskina and Serena episodes).

:lol: :p

tennisIlove09
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:42 AM
It's not rude, unless you're winning 6-2 3-1 --or dominating a match. Then it's rude

PatM04
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I do it:) But not like in my opponents face I just kind of do a little fist pump and maybe a small "c'mon". But thats about it.

Rtael
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:01 AM
I don't, but if I start to lose I just start smacking the ball as hard as I can at people, and screaming my lungs out while I'm doing it....perhaps that's why no one wants to play with me. :sad:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Have people not complained about Sharapova's noises? Or does that not count, because they weren't playing on the same court as her? ;)

People have complained about Lleyton Hewitt's "behavior" in the past as well... okay, so "people" is Alex Corretja.

I'm not sure if this is a huge issue, or if it's just one or two players opening their trap that have made it one.

I think it really depends on when you do it, and how you do it? For example... Hewitt sometimes fist pumps when his opponent double faults :rolleyes: You have to draw the line somewhere. Granted, I've never actually heard a player complain about him, aside from Alex Corretja.

tennnisfannn
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:45 AM
I pump my fist when I make a particularly difficult shot. it is not about the other player, it is about an achievement. It is not rude.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I pump my fist when I make a particularly difficult shot. it is not about the other player, it is about an achievement. It is not rude.
Unless you do it when the opponent doublefaults, of course ;)

esquímaux
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I don't, but if I start to lose I just start smacking the ball as hard as I can at people, and screaming my lungs out while I'm doing it....perhaps that's why no one wants to play with me. :sad:

perhpas ;)

Redhawk
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
they are if you do that every point. or when it's an error or df from the other player at like 15 all 2-2. otherwise, no. i like players with a bit of fire.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:47 PM
It can be rude. Let's take Sharapova as an example. ;) :lol:

She has a certain fondness to do it ostentatiously. Perhaps to upset the other person in the court?;)

Ballbuster
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Not rude at all. It is competition.

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Andre scarcastically shook his fist in an exagerated manner at Fish because he was upset about a fist pump from Fish.

SJW
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:15 PM
^ OMG andre did that?! :lol:

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:23 PM
And then later called Fish a *^%*&^ asshole. :) That was a few games later.

SJW
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:25 PM
OMG ROTFLMFAO! :haha::haha:

ohhhhhhhh boy...i wish i saw this :sad: