PDA

View Full Version : Serena will be back In Dubai

QUEENLINDSAY
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:41 AM
She was at the NBA all star game and she was interviewed from the box seat and she say's she is excited to be back in 2 weeks in middle east!!!

Goodnews for Serena fans
Good for WTA!!!!!

Hulet
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:42 AM
"I will believe it when ...."

harloo
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:44 AM
I saw it too. Serena was looking fine as hell!!:D

Jericho
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:46 AM
i think you mean doha, venus is playing dubai

Couver
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:46 AM
I love Serena but I'll believe it when I see Miss.S on the court!

Fingers crossed though.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:49 AM
yeah its Doha and i love you serena, and will be happy when you come back :worship:

AjdeNate!
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Fingers crossed that she's all healed up and can come back.

Freewoman33
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Hopefully, Venus, Serena, Jennifer, Monica and the rest of the injuriees will be back soon.

I say the interview and Rena looked beautiful.

vettipooh
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I hope she really does.I'm getting tired of tournaments with no Williams sister.Hope she is prepared this time.

tennisIlove09
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Like she was suppose to play Australia? Or Paris?

I'll believe when I see it too. But I hope and pray she does play.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Didn't Venus assure us all of her presence in Australia?

Look. What else is Serena going to say? It's been out for weeks that she is committed to play in the Mid East. Is she going to say, "No, I will blow that off and return in Miami," even if that is the case? 'Course not ...

vogus
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:31 AM
sure, Serena's going to fly 19 hours from L.A. to the Middle East to play one tournament and then fly 19 hours straight back. Makes a lot of sense. You can say a lot of things about Serena, but you can't tell me that her scheduling isn't smart.

7~LV3
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:04 AM
actually its, fly 19 hours from L.A. to the Middle Earth, go some shopping, take the trophy, and then fly 19 hours straight back.

anyways... could ms Venus play Dubai and Doha back-to-back? Doha is like a high tier II anyways..

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:11 AM
actually its, fly 19 hours from L.A. to the Middle Earth, go some shopping, take the trophy, and then fly 19 hours straight back.

I'd say 20 fly hours to 'Middle Earth'. It's just after the stop at Middle East :unsure:

Jericho
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:00 AM
actually its, fly 19 hours from L.A. to the Middle Earth
:tape:

Sam L
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Isn't Justine playing too? There's going to fireworks I think.

Volcana
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:05 AM
"I will believe it when ...."
Ditto. And I'm a fan.

bandabou
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Yeah....seeing is believing.

7~LV3
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:38 AM
isnt it sad that her fans dont trust her anymore, even though it came from her own mouth :tape: ...

I guess that it wouldnt be wise if Justines playing Doha, cuz if she did play in Doha, then she would be playing 5 weeks in a roooow:smash:

Joachim
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:21 AM
that is impossible!

mn73
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Well, here's a suggestion to make the scheduling make more sense - Venus and Serena play doubles together at Dubai and Doha to get some matches in. Good idea?

Hulet
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:10 AM
isnt it sad that her fans dont trust her anymore, even though it came from her own mouth :tape: ...

Um, it has more to do with not trusting on how her injury condition (which is pretty dynamic, you have to admit) changes from one day to the next rather than not trusting Serena herself.

jimbo mack
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:29 AM
justine is playing in dubai

she's not playing doha

serena and myskina are the top 2 seeds for doha

Jarrett
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:30 AM
She is going to play Doha? What? I didn't even Monica playing that tier of tournament.

Jarrett
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:31 AM
She is going to play Doha? What? I didn't even Monica playing that tier of tournament.

LOL, nevermind Doha is bigger than Dubai now. Whoops! :tape:

SJW
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:11 AM
LOL @ Jarrett! :)

i hope she comes back...but i'll believe it when i see it

i miss her :sad:

Rub
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:18 AM
hope she will not withdraw again in the last minute!
bad for those who expect her! like me...
i wanna see her back on the tour! justine needs more competition...

Paneru
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:44 AM

anyways... could ms Venus play Dubai and Doha back-to-back? Doha is like a high tier II anyways..

True! :lol:

I guess she could but I doubt it.
Although she'll probably be in Doha supporting Serena.

I'm thinking that maybe she pulled out of Antwerp to be in better shape for Dubai since she still has two years in which to capture the diamond racquet.
Also, she has a month off after Dubai before her next competition.

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Doha will treat Serena like a princess if she goes.

justine&coria
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I hope and I think she will !
She said she would be ready for AO and Paris : this means that by now, she's probably totally fit.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Didn't Venus assure us all of her presence in Australia?

Look. What else is Serena going to say? It's been out for weeks that she is committed to play in the Mid East. Is she going to say, "No, I will blow that off and return in Miami," even if that is the case? 'Course not ...

Middle Earth? Serena Stay away from the One Ring! Thats one piece of jewelry you do not need! Say no to precious Serena!

mboyle
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM
the Middle Earth,

Doha is like a high tier II anyways..
1. I didn't realize Serena was playing in Lord of the Rings:tape:

2. Doha is a tier two now:D

CapFan#1
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:54 PM
I think it makes a lot of sense for Rena to go to Doha! She def. does NOT want to go right into defending her Miami title with no match play.

esqumaux
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Middle Earth? Serena Stay away from the One Ring! Thats one piece of jewelry you do not need! Say no to precious Serena!
:ras:

jenny161185
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:23 PM
who else is playing Doho?

Siyasema
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:58 PM

I guess that it wouldnt be wise if Justines playing Doha, cuz if she did play in Doha, then she would be playing 5 weeks in a roooow:smash:
For this fan it's not about trusting. I trust Serena - so their is no sadness I'm sure you're sorry to hear.

I'll welcome Serena whenever she comes back. While I am impatient to see her play, I want her healthy. I trust in her abilities, and her ability to entertain me when she plays. That's all she owes me as a fan.