PDA

View Full Version : Venus falls to #17,Serena moves up to #6

vettipooh
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:53 PM
So sad:( .Vee needs to get healthy and start winning again,or she could find herself out of the top 20,soon. It seems unbelievable to see her ranked so low!! Miss u Vee!!

LindsayRocks89
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:54 PM
dont worry they'll rise from the ashes :worship:

tennisIlove09
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:17 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

See my sig. for me

LucasArg
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:23 AM
the wta is in crissi tenisIlove09. I agree, look at the Aus Open, it was really boring, we could only see a couple of women matches and the men took almost all the attention.

I hope ALL the girls are back as soon as possible.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:26 AM
well, thats not a bad thing for vee. its bad for the higher ranked opponents that she'll have to face early.

Infiniti2001
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:37 AM
It's a bit unusual and a little sad to see Venus this low in the rankings-- but I am not too worried, she can only go up when she plays. Of course there would be cause for alarm if she was healthy and ranked this low.

Hulet
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Do you guys think they will strip her of the special protected seeding WTA gave her for the last four tournaments out of the eight? IIRC, the last four were conditional on how she performs on the tour and if her ranking improved.

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:08 AM
The thing is, Venus is so good that all she has to do is get healthy. Her ranking doesn't matter that much. Can you really imagine her not being given entry into a tournament no matter how far she falls in the rankings?

Nor does her seeding matter that much to her. There are not that many players who would like their chances of beating her if she were healthy. As VCR said, seeding her pretty high is more important to the top-10 players. Better not have her as a dangerous floater in the draw. They would rather meet her late in a tournament.

The main thing is for her to get healthy.

JustineTime
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:06 AM
I hope Venus gets better soon!

I saw Justin Gimelstob interview her at the AO on the Tennis Channel and she was so cool!

Besides, I want Justine to have a chance to even up that H2H a little! :mad: It can't get much worse, can it? :o

:(

Paneru
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Would Venus get the same special seeding for Roland Garros as she got for the Australian Open if her ranking doesn't improve much from now until then?

I think she has like 5 tournaments before then,
Dubai, Nasdaq 100, Charleston, Warsaw, and German Open.

She has no points to defend from Dubai, Charleston, or German Open.
4th rd points from Nasdaq 100 and finalst points from Warsaw.

If she keeps this schedule and is healthy I
can't see her not being atleast top 7 or higher.

Although i want her to get her ranking back it would be quite intersting,
to say the least, to see her take on the role of a dangerous floater and see her take on the likes of a Clijsters or Henin in an early round.

Get Well Soon Venus!

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Do you guys think they will strip her of the special protected seeding WTA gave her for the last four tournaments out of the eight? IIRC, the last four were conditional on how she performs on the tour and if her ranking improved.
I think the WTA will give Venus a special seeding as long as Venus wants it.

mauresmofan
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Would Venus get the same special seeding for Roland Garros as she got for the Australian Open if her ranking doesn't improve much from now until then?

I very much doubt it - I think they'll give the special ranking to Serena but they won't accomodate Venus cause that would mean pushing their player (Amélie Mauresmo) out of the top 4. It just won't happen. She might get a top 8 ranking instead!

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Are we sure Mauresmo will be able to hold her ranking up to RG? I'd say there's a lot of water to flow under the bridge before RG is at the point of deciding seedings.