PDA

View Full Version : IF you were KIm, would you trade all your singles/doubles events for 1 sing. slam win

for-sure
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:49 PM
well, would you?

MarcusRock
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:51 PM
No, but I'd trade my prize kill for 1 Slam.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/KimHunter.jpg

for-sure
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
lol

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:55 PM
No, since she's sure to bag a Slam or two before long.

How many Slam finals did Lendl lose before finally bagging one? It was 4, wasn't it?

disposablehero
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Would I trade 4 Slam Finals, 2 Tour Championships, Indian Wells, Rome, 10 Tier II's, 5 Tier III's, 1 Tier IV, 3 Slam Doubles titles, about 10 or so other Doubles titles and a Fed Cup for one Slam? Sure, if I had a brain tumour clouding my reason.

Lien
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:06 PM
I wonder, if you ask all these questions to everybody in your surroundings, you must drive them crazy, no?

I am not in Kims position, I will never be the number 2 of the world in tennis so. I don't think so actually, cause all these titles over all these years have a certain history, your first tournament won or your first real big victory.

fammmmedspin
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Winning 1 GS makes a small mark in history - the big time starts at 18 (or 9 if you are called Monica) Kim (if she stays) will probably want to be known for more.

Trading in your other achievements would also be impossible - its those experiences and the ranking points that get you a top seeding that would take you to your first and your later GS wins. Its also unlikely that Kim would be despairing about a GS win. The top ten is likely to be renewed over the next few years, she is getting better, her GS matches with JHH are getting closer, she was already competitive with Serena and plenty of GS recently have been won by people who were older than she is.

-Sonic-
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:34 AM
No no no no no.

Would exchange the 2 Year end champs tho. thats as much as i'd be willing to go.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:02 AM
no way, even though she hasnt won a slam YET! she has had a great career and achieved alot of things

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Yes.

As Pete Sampras put it, "Nobody remembers who wins Philadelphia. They remember who wins the four majors every year."

Look at Iva Majoli. If she never won the French Open, I guarantee you almost nobody would remember her. People see her name in a draw and remember that was the chick who beat Hingis a while back. If she didn't win Roland Garros, her career would be the equivalent of Irina Spirleas. I guarantee you 95% of tennis fans would not recognize Irina's name in a draw if she chose to come back.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:11 AM
no. i prefer the money she's earned compared to one title.

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:12 AM
if that was feasible, maybe I would answer.

Sam L
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Would I trade 4 Slam Finals, 2 Tour Championships, Indian Wells, Rome, 10 Tier II's, 5 Tier III's, 1 Tier IV, 3 Slam Doubles titles, about 10 or so other Doubles titles and a Fed Cup for one Slam? Sure, if I had a brain tumour clouding my reason.
:haha:

I agree, I wouldn't either, but I would cut down on my schedule and also play non-GS events like practise events for the slams. That is, don't play to 100% but experiment with different shots, different styles etc so in slams I'd be better prepared.

tennisIlove09
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Yes.

As Pete Sampras put it, "Nobody remembers who wins Philadelphia. They remember who wins the four majors every year."

Look at Iva Majoli. If she never won the French Open, I guarantee you almost nobody would remember her. People see her name in a draw and remember that was the chick who beat Hingis a while back. If she didn't win Roland Garros, her career would be the equivalent of Irina Spirleas. I guarantee you 95% of tennis fans would not recognize Irina's name in a draw if she chose to come back.
Exactly. Majoli will forever be remembered as a French Champ.

Right now, Clijsters will forever be remembered as the worst #1 in the history of the sport. :o

But it's far too early. She still has until 2007 to win a major :tape:

disposablehero
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Yes.

Irina Spirlea won 4 titles. Palermo, a Tier IV, twice. Strasbourg, a Tier III, and the crowning career achievement Amelia Island, a Tier II. 1 Grand Slam Semifinal, and another Quarterfinal to go with it. Career earnings of $1 million or so. A shining example of why 20 year old Kim is at risk of not being "remembered by history".

Hawk
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Good god no lol :p

There is no way it's worth trading it all for 1 slam. I would trade 1 of the doubles for a singles though ;)

bandabou
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Winning 1 GS makes a small mark in history - the big time starts at 18 (or 9 if you are called Monica) Kim (if she stays) will probably want to be known for more.

Trading in your other achievements would also be impossible - its those experiences and the ranking points that get you a top seeding that would take you to your first and your later GS wins. Its also unlikely that Kim would be despairing about a GS win. The top ten is likely to be renewed over the next few years, she is getting better, her GS matches with JHH are getting closer, she was already competitive with Serena and plenty of GS recently have been won by people who were older than she is.

Thing is that she isn´t THAT young compared to the others. Only one year younger than Justine and two years younger than Serena....if she keeps waiting, waiting and waiting...then it won´t be only Serena and Justine, it may well be about Sharapova, Golovin, Krajiceck,etc, too!

Besides one career-victory against Serena, doesn´t sound exactly like being competitive.

Volcana
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:04 AM
No. I'd figure I had another ten years or so to win a GS title.

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:11 AM
No, not at all. If I were Kim, I wouldn't give a fuck about winning any titles. I'd just want to enjoy myself

xin_hui
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:22 AM
No, not at all. If I were Kim, I wouldn't give a fuck about winning any titles. I'd just want to enjoy myself
well said!

XMan
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:25 AM
No. A slam is a significant tournament but it doesn't come close to Kims current results.

Lynx
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Of course not. What a silly question.

ans
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:11 PM
well, would you?
No, I'm not stupid. And I guess Kim isn't either.

Harju.
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Hell no but I dun mind giving my Tier IV title for the GS trophy though :p

Astro Jetson
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:15 PM
No, but I would trade Lleyton :devil:

tommystar
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
No, I would not! If I were Kim, I'd retire immediately.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Hell no!

:cat: my pet cybelou thinks this is a stupid question.:rolleyes: