PDA

View Full Version : So is Sandrine back for good???

Libertango
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know?? I was so pleased to hear she came out of retirement, but I'm worried now that after her withdrawl at Paris, she'll change her mind and think it is too tough for her now. Did anyone see her at Paris and why did she withdraw?? Also, did anyone get any pics??! Thanks! :p

GrahamD
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know?? I was so pleased to hear she came out of retirement, but I'm worried now that after her withdrawl at Paris, she'll change her mind and think it is too tough for her now. Did anyone see her at Paris and why did she withdraw?? Also, did anyone get any pics??! Thanks! :p
I saw her in her game against Daniela. She seemed fine up until 3-3, although she didn't seem to be hitting the ball very hard. Daniela served to make it 4-3 and you could see she was beginning to struggle. She called for the doctor who looked at her side. She then served but looked to be in pain and her movement was restricted, subsequently, Daniela broke her. I guess she retired with an abdominal pain.

mn73
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:28 PM
She said she would play the French Open and US Open this year, but would be on a limited schedule so she could still spend a lot of time with her daughter.