PDA

View Full Version : who will be the first person to beat Justine Henin?

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:05 PM
reminds me of Serena last year...excellent start...all eyes on her.

who will take down the #1 first?

i predict Kim or Nastya

kerbear
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I'll say Kim or Jen who have both been trying to beat her for some time. (maybe serena depending on when she comes back...)

Joachim
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Kim Clijsters!!

sartrista7
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Possibly Kim in Antwerp. It is not an important tournament for Justine... her schedule is completely geared towards defending RG now, and if this tournament wasn't in Belgium I doubt she would've played it. And this is the one surface which Kim is more comfortable on.

I doubt Justine will win Key Biscayne either.

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:10 PM
^ Alex you don't think your beloved Nastya will?! :eek::tape::p

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I think Kim will beat ehr this week..At elast I hope so...If not, I think it will depend of the return of the sisters!

sartrista7
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:12 PM
^ Alex you don't think your beloved Nastya will?! :eek::tape::p

Are their schedules even coinciding? I don't know if Justine is playing the Middle East swing this year, and Nastya's not in Antwerp.

Mercury Rising
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I doubt Justine will win Key Biscayne either.She doesn't play it this year.

Kim and Nastya are good bets.

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Are their schedules even coinciding? I don't know if Justine is playing the Middle East swing this year, and Nastya's not in Antwerp.
i don't know...is Justine defending Dubai? (question to her fans)

The Crow
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Justine's playing Dubai I think...

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Dokic!

But Anyone Will Do! :d

Mercury Rising
She is playing Dubai yes.

kerbear
she's defending Dubai, last year she beat Seles in the final

alextreiber04
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Chanda at Dubai when they face in the QF's. K. ;)

sartrista7
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM
She doesn't play it this year.

Kim and Nastya are good bets.

Oh... Indian Wells, then... one of those US tourneys Justine doesn't give a shit about, anyway.

Nastya could take her down at Dubai... it's the week after Antwerp, right? Or is that Doha?

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:19 PM
i think it's Dubai before Doha....

LindsayRocks89
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:21 PM
i think kim has a good chance of beating her at antwerth(dont know how to spell) and when serena comes back and when they meet i say she has a good chance

sartrista7
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:23 PM
OK. So she might be jet-lagged from Antwerp.

Ultimately, it depends how much Justine cares about winning these titles... and until we get to the clay season, I don't think she's really bothered. Which is good; the intensity at which she plays in important matches is impossible to sustain in every tournament. Leave it to Kim to clean those up... Justine will take the Slams and the Olympics :D

harloo
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Kim is the only one playing on tour right now that can beat Henin. Henin if fortunate to be playing right now. She has advantage with the sisters out injured and not up to form.

caafje
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Kim will be the first, but not in Antwerp.

The Crow
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Kim is the only one playing on tour right now that can beat Henin. Henin if fortunate to be playing right now. She has advantage with the sisters out injured and not up to form.
Yeah yeah...

vettipooh
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Maybe Kim,Maleeva,or Farina Elia might surprise us at Antwerp.

hollywood7172
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:38 PM
:hearts: :worship: jennifer capriati :worship: :hearts:
or
:bounce: serena williams:bounce:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Why is she fortunate to be playing right now?! And why does SHE have advantage? Everyone has advantage when the Williams are gone! :retard:

bandabou
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Only one I can think of: Kim...as long as it isn´t a (GS)-final.

Astro Jetson
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Aniko Kapros

tennisluver99
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Henin will lose in Antwerp.

saki
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking that she's unlikely to win Antwerp - it's not a good surface for her. I think the winner of Maggie-Venus (if it happens) will have a good chance against her and Kim seems to love the surface and will be in with an even better chance if they met in the final. On the other hand, I think if she really wants Antwerp and Dubai she could go undefeated through both.

kerbear
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Saki... Venus isn't playing....

Kim could definately do it here, as long as she doesn't play the way she did against Silvia.

Rtael
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Venus or Serena....the trouble is we don't know when both will be back and healthy!

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Aniko Kapros
har de har :p

PatM04
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I don't know who it will be. I don't think that she will go undefeated though. Only Navratilova has come close and that was a long time ago. I think Kim and Nastaya are good bets. But someone who hasn't been mentioned is Mauresmo. If she is healthy anything can happen. Even players like Chanda and Lindsay could have a shot at her. Also, Justine has also alwasy had a hard time playing Dementieva. She even lost to her on her best surface last year so I think there are many opportunities. When the Williams sisters come back they will obviously be the main threats, as will Jennifer. Also, Justine and Serena are also scheduled to play the first major clay court event of the year in Amelia Island and I think that tournament will tell us a lot about their rivalry if they meet. It will show us first off if Justine can put her bad matches at Amelia from the past 2 years behind her, and it will also show us how committed Serena is to clay this year. Either way, I still say someone will take Justine dow before Wimbledon.

AjdeNate!
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Karolina. Antwerp. Quarters.

*let me dream a minute, k?*

LindsayRocks89
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Only one I can think of: Kim...as long as it isn´t a (GS)-final.

i agree with you but when serena and venus comes back they could beat her to :)

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:09 PM
wow Serena is playing Amelia island this year? i didn't even know...i suck as a fan

i think it's got to the stage where she's not gonna lose a lot of matches against the people who you would think might be able to give her problems.....i hate to say it, but it's true.

i think the only people who are gonna beat her this year are Venus, Serena (depending on how many tourneys these two go to), Kim, Nastya...maybe Jennifer Linzi and Amelie but i, unfortunately, wouldn't put my money on those three

Crazy_Fool
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:10 PM
A top plyer like Amelie, Kim or either williams sister. maybe myskina as well of course....

JasonUK
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:30 PM
A top plyer like Amelie, Kim or either williams sister. maybe myskina as well of course....

That's exactly what I was gonna say! :p

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I'd love for Kim to be the one. :)

But I have a feeling it will be an off day, and it will be someone who surprises all of us.

bandabou
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Yep...how can I forget about Rena...thing is, I don´t know when, where and how she´s gonna be back.

Justinefan
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I'm going to say Lindsay or JCap.. Kim has a huge mental shadow of Justine over her, so count her out for awhile.. but Lindsay and JCap both have the game to take her, just not the mentality...get tough girls!

Kart
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Aniko Kapros
I was so going to say that :worship:.

I'll have to say Alexandra Stevenson instead then.

Bezz
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Kim in the antwerp final.

Juju #1
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I'm thinking that she's unlikely to win Antwerp - it's not a good surface for her. I think the winner of Maggie-Venus (if it happens) will have a good chance against her and Kim seems to love the surface and will be in with an even better chance if they met in the final. On the other hand, I think if she really wants Antwerp and Dubai she could go undefeated through both.

Justine will be mentally in good shape in Antwerp. After a long time she can play without a real pressure. Of course she may lose, but...

ghosts
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Amelie in Indian Wells...

saki
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Justine will be mentally in good shape in Antwerp. After a long time she can play without a real pressure. Of course she may lose, but...
I hope she does win, I'm just not that confident.

shap_half
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Justine loses in Antwerp, but I honestly don't see Nastya beating Justine in Dubai, they played last year and Justine won (they played in USO, too and Justine won). If Nastya is ever going to beat Justine, it would be in an indoor event - Nastya's better surface.

Astro Jetson
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I was so going to say that :worship:.

Beat you to it, didn't I :nerner: ;)
Seriously we all know Justine is only going to beat herself this year :angel: :p

Lady
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Seriously we all know Justine is only going to beat herself this year :angel: :p

That was I was going to say ;)

Justine H-H :sad:

Couver
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Hmm it's hard to say. I think she has become a very good big match player, and she really steps it up against the elite players. Of course Venus & Serena and Kim all have the ability. But we don't know when the sisters will be back, and we can't always be sure about Kim's mentality.

I think it will be a surprise person. Cause it usually takes Henin a few rounds to warm up.

for-sure
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:58 PM
The first person to beat Justine Will be Justine herself. Because when she is playing well, no one can beat her.

saki
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Hmm it's hard to say. I think she has become a very good big match player, and she really steps it up against the elite players. Of course Venus & Serena and Kim all have the ability. But we don't know when the sisters will be back, and we can't always be sure about Kim's mentality.

I think it will be a surprise person. Cause it usually takes Henin a few rounds to warm up.
Thinking it over again, I think you're right. I'd tip Maggie Maleeva to beat Justine in Antwerp over Kim in the final, just because Justine really has become a great big match player and an all-Belgian final in Antwerp would be a big match.

flyingmachine
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Maybe Kim in Antwerp but it depends how she recovered from the AO final.
Kim needs to be a lot more tougher.
Capitati, Deverport, Amelie and Serena will have a good shot at her but it will be a lot more closer. It also it depends a lot on Justine is this important to her or just a workout as well as is she going to create something that different if she doing that then she will be very dominate and more difficult to beat.

AjdeNate!
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:35 PM
She'll only lose if she plays 9000 levels below what she can do.

:haha:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:56 AM
If Kim doesn't do it this week then.....

HAVE NO FEAR JEN WILL BE IN DUBAI AND WILL TAKE HER DOWN!!!!!!! :worship: :) :worship: :) :worship:

Justine is good but she isn't that good and Jen will be ready to play her this year and will beat her too. She has the game and will use it against Justine the right way and make Justine take her time out but it won't work this time that is for sure!!!! :lick: :worship: ;) :p

JustineTime
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:05 AM
OK, my prediction: ReRe at the GO! :eek:

Please be sure to bump this thread so I can gloat! :angel:

Actually, I'll really be surprised of she wins Antwerp. If that happens, I'll stand by my prediction.

JustineTime
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:07 AM

HAVE NO FEAR JEN WILL BE IN DUBAI AND WILL TAKE HER DOWN!!!!!!! :worship: :) :worship: :) :worship:

Justine is good but she isn't that good and Jen will be ready to play her this year and will beat her too. She has the game and will use it against Justine the right way and make Justine take her time out but it won't work this time that is for sure!!!! :lick: :worship: ;) :p

I just LOVE this guy! :lol:

Gotta love yer optimism! :)

And I'm not saying you couldn't be right, either! ;)

LindsayRocks89
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:20 AM

go jen, i know she can cause some major damage this year :)

tennnisfannn
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:43 AM
I am going to go with some unlikely person like Maleeva, Sugiyama or even Sharapova. If Justine makes it far into the tourny I doubt she will be beaten by anyone lse outside the sisters, and Kim. That may take a while for the sisters to get healthy and rust out of their games

bigshow21
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:03 AM

Well said!!!! I think this is the best post I have ever read. :)

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:06 AM
I'm pretty confident Clijsters will beat Justine HH. ELKE Clijsters, that is :hehehe:

TNT96
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Alexandra Stevenson will be the first player to be Henin

DunkMachine
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:37 AM
I think Pierre-Yves beats her everyday............... with the ugly stick.

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Alexandra Stevenson will be the first player to be Henin

That was my second choice...

TNT96
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:47 AM
ALexandra Stevenson will be the first to be Henin

~Mario~
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Jen and Kim will have to dig deep into their reserves if they are to beat Justine anytime soon.
At the moment. Justine has a psychological advantage over Kim, and if she is, or stand a chance, to beat Justine, she'll have to put the past behind her and focus on the here and now. If tennis was the Oscars, Kim would win the award for BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Serena is the only one who can pick up right where she left off, and this will be a great contest, can't hardly wait.

Volcana
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Well, it's a long time til OZ, so Kim wil probably beat her in Tier II somewhere along the line. (That's counting IW as a Tier II, which it isn't of course.) No=pressure situation and all. And of course you'd have to be an idiot, ignorant of history or independently wealthy to bet actual money against Venus the next time she and Justine play.

I don't see Justine getting out of shape.

The winning streak could continue til Wimbledon, realistically. And if she doesn't have to face either of the Williams sisters, she'll likely win there too.

This could be a long year for the anti-Justine crowd.

Greenout
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Does anybody think Juju will give the person any credit for
beating her or will she ignore it and say the always crass
"I beat myself today" post match interview line? ;)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:20 AM
I figure that she'll lose to Kim this week. I don't see her as having a "psychological advantage" over Kim in places like Antwerp... it's the slams where that comes into play.

Couver
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Does anybody think Juju will give the person any credit for
beating her or will she ignore it and say the always crass
"I beat myself today" post match interview line? ;)
No she might give the always crass "I'm injured and had to take another injury time out." ;)

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:47 AM
:unsure: maybe Venus might beat her in Dubai, if she didnt get to beat her then...
I am pretty sure that ms Venus will have her revenge in Charleston :yippee:

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:26 AM
nOBODY WILL BEAT hENIN IN aNTWERP GIVE HER THE TITLE ALREADY!

sEREANA OR jEN WILL BEAT HER IN dUBAI.

majuu
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Many people here seem to think that justine is not going to win Antwerp.
I think that she has the best chance. I mean, she hasn't played for 2 weeks so she should be fit. At the moment she definantly has an edge over Kim at the moment and whats to say that she isnt hungry for this win?? :bounce: :bounce:

DunkMachine
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:43 AM
I think Pierre-Yves beats her everyday............... with the ugly-stick.
http://smile.smilies.nl/448.gif

jlamire
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:57 AM
The first person to beat Justine Will be Justine herself. Because when she is playing well, no one can beat her.
If you want to put it another way, read the question like that: who will be the first person to make Justine play enough bad? You know it's like when you see Serena play a good match....it's difficult to think that any human being can beat her. However it happens.

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Silvia Farina Elia.

Rub
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:45 PM
kim... for sure... as early as proximus!

AnDyDog621
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I think she will lose on her favorite surface(clay) to an unknown player because she was sick and thought she could beat this unknown player, hell likes say its Alexandra Stevenson, wait, lets make it Barbara S.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I don't think Venus and Serena will be. They'll lose to other players before getting to Justine. And even if they get there, Justine will give them a good match ofcourse being the victor. Maybe they can though after 3 or 4 times of trying.

I still say it's Kim.

shap_half
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I hope Justine can continue the win streak going till Wimbledon!!!!! Let's go Justine!!!!

bandabou
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I hope Justine can continue the win streak going till Wimbledon!!!!! Let's go Justine!!!!

Till Wimbledon?! No Wimbledon-title this year?!

emptyhead
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:43 PM
hopefully her next opponent, I cheer on everyone who plays her, even Kim

shap_half
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Till Wimbledon?! No Wimbledon-title this year?!

I think she can win it, but I'll be satisfied if she can just extend her win streak till Rosmalen.

bandabou
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I think she can win it, but I'll be satisfied if she can just extend her win streak till Rosmalen.

aaahhh, you know the competition.

shap_half
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I've always known the competition. I know that Venus and Serena (in that order) are the best on grass with Justine third. But that doesn't mean that Justine won't beat them on grass. I hope she will but in the past three years she's lost to a Williams sister so I'm not saying she's going to do it this year.

bandabou
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I've always known the competition. I know that Venus and Serena (in that order) are the best on grass with Justine third. But that doesn't mean that Justine won't beat them on grass. I hope she will but in the past three years she's lost to a Williams sister so I'm not saying she's going to do it this year.

I say you´ll have to wait for say two years for that to happen: Justine beating them on grass.

About Serena and Venus, I think you´re right on that part.

SJW
Mar 5th, 2004, 04:57 PM
answer = Svetlana Kuznetsova

well done Sveta :bounce::hearts::)

Astro Jetson
Mar 5th, 2004, 04:59 PM
answer = Svetlana Kuznetsova

well done Sveta :bounce::hearts::)

great find :wavey:
interesting to see who was right. I sure wasn't :o

Pureracket
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I can't believe Sveta beat her.

Justinefan
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:23 PM
yay my prediction was right A russian;)

Lady
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:36 PM
I'm glad it was Sveta!! :) Congrats girl!!