PDA

View Full Version : Dominique beats Sabine for the 8th time!!!

pigam
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Monami (van roost) and Appelmans played an exhibition match @ the proximus diamond games today. It was Dominique who came out on top. score: 4-6 6-1 7-5 They played 2 sets and a tiebreak which was won by Domi :).

I havn't seen the match, but If anyone has some info, please post :bounce: :)

Allez-H
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Yay,Dominique is the best :woohoo:

tfannis
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Dominique :worship: Sabine :kiss:

I hope to see an interview with Dominique...they totally ruled :lol:

gmak
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:48 PM
domi :woohoo: :hug: :hearts:

she's simply the best! ;)

carot
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:49 PM
yay! for dominique :bounce: :bounce: :hearts:

The Crow
Feb 15th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Dominique :bounce: :bounce:

Hagar
Feb 15th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Amazing stuff, Dominique!!!

Come back, please!

Hagar
Feb 15th, 2004, 05:20 PM
A pic and an article (only in Dutch for the moment) can be found on:
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/2004/nl/nieuws/verslagen/

They say that Dominique played really aggressive, moved well and seemed in better shape than Sabine (no surprise I think).

Good to see that Dominique and Sabine get on so well now, the press created a bit of a row between them, looks like they are over it now.

GO BELGIAN VETERANS (you paved the way for Kim and Justine)!

kiekeboe
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:04 PM
:bounce: dominique!!! :bounce:

tfannis
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:41 PM
(you paved the way for Kim and Justine)!
They did indeed :)

Glenn
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I watched it live.
Dominique played very good tennis, with practically no errors, except at the net, which seems to be her weakness.
She hit more winners than Sabine also, especially with her backhand.
Both girls hit no aces, I think they would be able to rally with the current pro's, but when it comes to serving, their serves would be returned with winners, especially Sabine's.
Sabine still plays lefthanded, altough she's a righthander, and her forehand seems to be her strong shot.
Their condition isn't what it used to be, which is logical, after some of the longer rallies, Sabine would sit down on a linesman chair and huff and puff.
On matchpoint down, Sabine hit a double fault, but she was like: "No no no, please umpire and Dominique, give me another try!", and the umpire was: "Replay the point", and the girls shared a laugh, then Dominique hit an easy forehand volley out, and it seemed like the match could still turn around, which would be unfair, but on the next point, Dominique finished it off with a forehand winner.
They hugged and kissed and left the court with a loud applause.

Astro Jetson
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:45 PM
fuck! was that today? missed it :(

Come-on-kim
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:01 PM
I wished Sabine would have win :sad: Is Sabine friend with Daphne Van De Zande? because Daphné was near Sabine's box

E. Blackadder
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM
The only thing is that Domi's smashes all went in the net in the beginning. I think she only made 2 out of 6 in the entire match :)

Wimanna
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Dominique :worship: :worship: :yeah:

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I watched it live.
Dominique played very good tennis, with practically no errors, except at the net, which seems to be her weakness.
She hit more winners than Sabine also, especially with her backhand.
Both girls hit no aces, I think they would be able to rally with the current pro's, but when it comes to serving, their serves would be returned with winners, especially Sabine's.
Sabine still plays lefthanded, altough she's a righthander, and her forehand seems to be her strong shot.
Their condition isn't what it used to be, which is logical, after some of the longer rallies, Sabine would sit down on a linesman chair and huff and puff.
On matchpoint down, Sabine hit a double fault, but she was like: "No no no, please umpire and Dominique, give me another try!", and the umpire was: "Replay the point", and the girls shared a laugh, then Dominique hit an easy forehand volley out, and it seemed like the match could still turn around, which would be unfair, but on the next point, Dominique finished it off with a forehand winner.
They hugged and kissed and left the court with a loud applause.
I saw the match aswell (I also saw you because we were sittinng some rows behind you)...

I think Sabine was the better mover around the court, but played too defensively against a very attacking Dominique who still clearly had lots of her groundstrokes though both girls did not hit as hard as what they used to. Both their services where always around 130-135 km/h, I saw lots of girls in qualifying having a worse serve at slower speeds.

I enjoyed the match, certainly because it's something very special to see your old fav (domi) playing again, and still doing it with the same grace she was known for throughout her career :)

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:13 AM
The only thing is that Domi's smashes all went in the net in the beginning. I think she only made 2 out of 6 in the entire match :)
And I'm sure Sabine gave Domi a smash as last ball just so Domi could end it in a nice way :)

GoDominique
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM
:banana: :)

Sabine :hug:

GoSandrine
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:37 PM
great stuff! :cool:

Nice to hear some faves from yesteryear duking it out but getting along so well.

Any chance for either of them making a comeback?

Martian KC
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Too bad for Sabine.:( But it looked as if she fought for it.:)

Congrats Domi!:D

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I still have my autograph from Domonique. She played the chase a few years ago and although she lost and looked pissing mad, she still signed a lot of autographs. I've always been a fan of hers. I wonder if I would've still liked her after that match where she beat Venus?? I hope Von Roost makes a come back, her strokes were so technically sound, she would have little problems getting into the top twenty.

Jakub
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Sabine :sad:

Leo_DFP
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Awwww, how cute. I never liked Dominique ... she beat my Lindsay twice in the span of a month. ;)