PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best young player

Joachim
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Sharapova

Joachim
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:12 AM
but Krajicek is a very young. I think that Flipkens will be in the top 10!

Glenn
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Maria Sharapova.

Dymension
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Sharapova easily.

Dinara Safina is still quite young isn't she? How old is she?

Joachim
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Sharapova easily.

Dinara Safina is still quite young isn't she? How old is she?

She is 18

Nicoleke
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Tatiana Golovin easily :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

malbasdn
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:47 AM
ANA Ivanovic

ghosts
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Karatancheva ;)

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Strycova will join them, she has talent too.

ghosts
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Gajdosova too ;)

lolas
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Maybe Angelique Kerber

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Add Kutuzova to the list.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Maria Sharapova hands down

bozmanova
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:55 PM
sharapova

Whatzup
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Michaela Krajicek

KV
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:02 PM
ATM M. Sharapova.
Dinara Safina is 17 y.o.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Safina by a mile. Golovin next and then Sharapova.

Monica_Rules
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Sharapova.Shes the one whos going to be top 25 at 16 she can only get better.

When i saw her play at birmingham i was frightend at how hard she hit the ball.The other girls have some work to do before they get that good.

Personaly i don't think Flipkens will be big.If she gets top 50 she will have done well.

Gowza
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:38 PM
dont forget vaidisova, really tho it's to hard to tell atm. for starters flipkens is like 17 or 18 and krajicek and vaidisova are still only 14 i think, so they are quite spread out in age which makes it hard. sharapova is the only one who has really established themself on the tour but golovin has made a good start this season and it looks like she will be established very soon the way she is going. flipkens ive heard is quite short plus she is the oldest out of the bunch so i dont expect her to be the best out of this group. Karatancheva is another promising youngster and then we have sharapova, krajicek and vaidisova. it will be interesting.

Rothes
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Timea Bazinsinky

Gowza
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:23 AM
yes timea is also quite promising as i s kerber. also kleybanova and gojnea, gajdosova, ivanovic. their are quite a few talents on the junior circuit atm, but they need to start making their jump up to pro's, im pretty sure that every player ive mentioned in my 2 posts have all played in at least one pro event (challengers or wta). atm some have fallen behind albeit they are overall ahead of the junior pack but compared to the top group they havent quite made as good a in-roads on the pro tour as the others ie timea, kerber, gojnea, krajicek (but it will come for her this year im sure) and gajdosova (although she did have one pretty good wta event).

no doubt tho that atm sharapova and golovin are ahead of everyone else. i guess we also shouldnt forget douchevina or kirilenko.

Rothes
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Also Shaharr Peer !!

I watched and talked with Timea at Zürich, She defeated Chladkova :) If yhou want to email her, The Email is timi_bacs@aol.com, but I am not sure it is inuse now.

Masharapova
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:43 AM
:) masha :)

crazillo
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:06 PM
don´t forget karatancheva!!!!

switz
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:09 PM
casanova and bazinsinky. myriam just needs to get over her thyroid issue which will allow her to lose weight and hence fulfill her vast potential. i mean the girl got into the top 40 carrying 15 extra kilos. she is better than all these other girls

JulieC
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Michaela Krajicek

brunof
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Since Chrissy usually is always correct with her predictions I thought I would add this...

By Chris Evert, Publisher of TENNIS Magazine

From the January/February 2004 issue of TENNIS Magazine

It's winter here, but it's summer in Australia, and that means the start of the tennis season. It kicks off Down Under with a few warm-up events followed by the year's first major. From there it's a long grind to see who will finish as the game's top players. In 2003 Andy Roddick and Justine Henin-Hardenne ruled professional tennis. Whose turn is it in 2004? Let's take a look.

The big question is how well the Williams sisters will perform. Neither has played since Wimbledon; Venus was recovering from an abdominal strain and Serena underwent knee surgery. During their hiatus they also had to deal with the tragic death of their half-sister Yetunde, who they were very close to. So it will be interesting to see how they respond at a time of year that traditionally has not inspired their best tennis.

And there are plenty of players looking to make the Williamses' comebacks rocky. Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters flourished during the sisters' absence. Henin-Hardenne won Roland Garros and the U.S. Open and Clijsters was consistent enough to become No. 1. Another player to watch is Jennifer Capriati. She has won three majors, but I contend that Jennifer has yet to fulfill her potential. At the Tour Championships, she and her dad, Stefano, opened their minds to working with another coach, Paul Annacone (a good fit for her). This signals the Capriatis' commitment to raising Jennifer's game to the highest level possible.

If you're looking for fresh faces, keep an eye on Maria Kirilenko and Viktoriya Kutuzova. Kirilenko, 17, won the 2002 girls' U.S. Open and made it to the third round in the women's draw last year. Kutuzova, 15, is a hard hitter already ranked in the Top 300. They're both raw but have a lot of potential.

The men's side has some impressive young players. Roddick came into his own earlier than many people expected. Can he handle the pressure of No. 1? I think Roger Federer will make it tough for him to repeat. Of all the men, he has the most complete game. Juan Carlos Ferrero also looks hungry.

Although his best results have come on clay, Ferrero has proved that he can win on any surface. Marat Safin should also be a factor again. It's true, I picked him to win a Slam last year and he virtually disappeared (though he was struggling with a wrist injury). But he's too gifted not to be a favorite each time he steps on the court. Not every contender is that young. You can't count out Andre Agassi. As you get older, it's harder to summon your best every day, yet Agassi knows how to choose his battles and can still produce incredible tennis at the big moments. In 2004, let's hope he's not the only one.

Maria looks a bit like Dani IMO. But I guess everyone nowdays has long legs...

http://www.tennis.info/images/US3/Kirilenko0028.jpg

brunof
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Can't forget about Douchevina who is already a top 100 player with some steady results.

E. Blackadder
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Sharapova.

PatM04
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Kutuzova will definetley be a force when she gets to be a little older. She only played 1 WTA event and she upset Krasnoroutskaya and Stevenson. I saw her play last April in only her second ITF event ever at Dothan. She upset Noorlander in staight sets and then took out Geznenge before making Hopkins work for a set and a half to get past her. Also keep this in mind, she has played 5 ITF events and 1 WTA event and her record for those for pro tournaments is 14-6. Pretty good for someone who was 14 years old at the time. Good luck to her in the future!

Smart
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:40 PM
I like all of them but I prefer Michaela to the other.

lauryn
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Maria Sharapova, without a doubt

TartarVicario
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:01 PM
In these lists,Kirsten will be the best :) and I know Viky will be the good one :)

William Hunt
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Only 4 players mentioned when there is so much talent ? This poll cannot be taken seriously.

Dava
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:26 PM
MARIA MARIA :worship:

Elisse
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Maria Sharapova :D

closely followed by Tatiana Golovin ;)

davenport_1
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Well, Kournikova is still young in her own right so, if she's healthy she's my pick