PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else here missing Iroda?

tenn_ace
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:15 AM
When is she coming back? Any news?

what injury is she nursing?

Harju.
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:39 AM
She is supposed to play at the Hyderabad this week, but she pulled out at the last minute :o :sad:

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:42 AM
It's really shitty what's gone on with her.

But when she gets healthy, she's a force to be reckoned with.

Shooter
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Saw Iroda play a doubles qualifying match a couple of years ago. She was partnered with Bovina against 2 very low ranked Americans. It became apparent after a few games that the Americans were actually scared of Iroda. Whenever Iroda got a second serve to her forehand (the Americans had weak serves), she would plaster a return directly at the server's partner at net. Both of the Americans were afraid of that shot. The were sort of jumping out of the way while attempting to make desparation, stab, volleys. Iroda and Bovina won that match easily.

In their next match, against 2 Japanese girls, saw Iroda drill a hard forehand right into Bovina's butt! Elena screamed pretty loudly. It was kinda humorous. Would definitely like to see Iroda play live again.

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Shooter.jpg

Habsudovafan
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I thought about the same thing yesterday. I hope she comes back soon and strong.

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Iri comeback soon please! :sad:

*JR*
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Come back soon ( . )( . ) :drool:

pav
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Missing Her!! :sad:

gmak
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM
lol JollyRoger ;)

i am missing iroda :sad:

for-sure
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:18 PM
come back! looks like she needs to get into better shape!

steve437
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:15 AM
come back! looks like she needs to get into better shape!

I actually prefer Iroda carrying a bit of extra weight - as it seems from the attached pics that it goes straight to her chest (yum!)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:03 AM
How old is she??

steve437
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:12 AM
How old is she??
She turned 22 on Jan 7 - although I reckon she's more like a 44 around the chest!

salima
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:39 PM
what injury is she nursing?

ankle

Sammm
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Saw Iroda play a doubles qualifying match a couple of years ago. She was partnered with Bovina against 2 very low ranked Americans. It became apparent after a few games that the Americans were actually scared of Iroda. Whenever Iroda got a second serve to her forehand (the Americans had weak serves), she would plaster a return directly at the server's partner at net. Both of the Americans were afraid of that shot. The were sort of jumping out of the way while attempting to make desparation, stab, volleys. Iroda and Bovina won that match easily.

In their next match, against 2 Japanese girls, saw Iroda drill a hard forehand right into Bovina's butt! Elena screamed pretty loudly. It was kinda humorous. Would definitely like to see Iroda play live again.

Sounds great! :lol:

Sammm
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM

Sounds great!

Sammm
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I miss Iroda too. I thought she had an elbow injury, though, not ankle.

Zummi
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Get well soon, Iroda!

Bezz
Feb 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I am, i dont know why i am but i am.

steve437
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Hard and fast - that's how we like it!

GoSandrine
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:18 AM
I saw Iroda lose to Patty at the French a couple years ago and she was so gracious signing autographs for everyone after a tough loss. I like her style.

Come back soon, Iroda! :kiss:

laj
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:35 PM
The very "Irie" Iroda is scheduled to be back in Doha in couple weeks. Go Iroda!

Aphex
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:46 PM
She's def in the WTA top ten of :tape: :tape:

Etienne Stekelenburg
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:14 PM
I did ask the people at the Indian Open if they knew what was wrong with Iroda, they couldnt tell me anything unfortunatly. I will ask John Dolan here in Antwerp if he knows about Iroda's condition.

For news from Antwerp check www.teamwta.com every once in a while.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1331056671719.jpg