PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sister Act II: Kim and Elke Clijsters to partner in Antwerp

Andrew.
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:08 PM
North Europe Daily

February 15, 2004

by John Fergarant

-----------------------------

ANTWERP - Former world number one tennis player Kim Clijsters is going back to her roots, in some ways.

Kim Clijster's sister, Elke, is also a professional tennis player, but is currently ranked as world number 500 in singles, a sharp contrast to her sister's current ranking of 2.

Late on Saturday night, both Clijsters sisters announced their doubles partnership in the Proximus Diamond Games. "This is something that I have always wanted to do," said Kim, "Trying 2 on 1 doubles has always been a dream for me. I just wanted to see if I could do it."

Elke responded enthusiastically, "Once my father hussled in the wildcard for me and it was definate that I could make contact with a ball, I was really hoping Kim would allow me to partner with her."

"I'm really trying to be a good sister," said Kim, "I'm figuring she can help the ball kids pick up the balls, dry my face and give me water on the changeovers, you know, kind of be my on court bitch. I think I'll need one because 2 on 1 doubles is so difficult. But I can do it."

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Uh huh.