PDA

View Full Version : Reliving the past...

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:48 PM
It is cold and rainy outside today, so there is nothing better to do than watch some old matches! And lucky me, I received an order today that includes 6 matches: Lindsay's 3 grand slam final wins, Lindsay over Seles in the semis of the 98 Acura, Lindsay over Venus in the semis of the 99 Advanta and Lindsay over Hingis in the final of the 99 Sydney.

Most of these matches I've never seen so it is so exciting to watch them, even if I know who is going to win! Every time I see a great point I want to run on here and say "OMG did you guys see that?!" but of course since they happened 5 or 6 years ago, you probably wouldn't remember.

If you're looking for matches on tape and cannot find them, go here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/ You will be very pleased; the woman I'm dealing with is so wonderful, she even sent me a free photograph of Lindsay after her win at AO in 2000 because she could tell from my order that I am a huge Lindsay fan.

Also, if it's a crappy day outside and you have nothing better to do, then pull out some good tapes and watch some good tennis! :bounce:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:50 PM
that sounds like a wonderful afternoon of watching Lindsay :kiss:

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:27 PM
that sounds like a wonderful afternoon of watching Lindsay sounds like hell

Being a Lindsay fan it's best to relive the past, because the future looks bleak

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:28 PM
that sounds like a wonderful afternoon of watching Lindsay sounds like hell

Being a Lindsay fan it's best to relive the past, because the future looks bleak
The last time I checked, having a record of 14-1 to start a year is not so bleak :tape:

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:29 PM
post her wins to losses @ the end of this season, so we can all have a good laugh

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Last year was by far her worst in a looong time and even then she finished 47-15. What kind of record do you expect her to have this year? Would you like to make a little wager?

By the way, who's your favorite player?

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:33 PM
like you titled the thread Reliving the past

wager, sure, whatya want to bet?

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:35 PM
like you titled the thread Reliving the past

wager, sure, whatya want to bet?
You didn't answer my questions. If you tell me what kind of record you expect her to have, then we can make a bet.

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I do not have a favorite player

Lindsay will not reach further than the quarters of any other major this year or any other year in her career

she'll cry off injured around september, and won't be seen again until the new year 2005

her record will be worse than last years, hows this, will that do?

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I do not have a favorite player

Lindsay will not reach further than the quarters of any other major this year or any other year in her career

she'll cry off injured around september, and won't be seen again until the new year 2005

her record will be worse than last years, hows this, will that do?Consider yourself lucky to not have a favorite Canadian player because tennis looks bleak in Canada, as it always has.

And yes, that bet will do just fine for me. It's up to you as to what we bet. I don't want to take away your allowance :lol:

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:44 PM
lol thanks for the rep points

I bet $2

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:48 PM
lol thanks for the rep points

I bet $2
no problem; to be honest I dont know if I gave you good or bad rep points but whatever

Consider it a done deal - I'll be looking out for you at the end of the season to collect my money :wavey:

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:52 PM
You know rightly what you gave me. Do not act surprised.

I doubt you’ll be around at the end of the year, you’ll be too embarrassed to admit I was right.

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:57 PM
You know rightly what you gave me. Do not act surprised.

I doubt you’ll be around at the end of the year, you’ll be too embarrassed to admit I was right.
actually I was pretty sure I gave you bad rep but the way you acted in response made it seem like I accidentally gave you good ones

and seeing as how I've been on this board for years, chances are highly likely that I'll be here at the end of the year; I will have no problem admitting that you were right if it so turns out that way, but I highly doubt it will - then again, that's why we have the bet in the first place now isn't it?

By the way I didn't mean to come across as an ass but it is not a good idea to come onto a message board and disrespect players; other than that, welcome to wtaworld

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I do not disrespect Lindsay, I just think she's one boring big lemon that is all

LindsayRulez
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I do not disrespect Lindsay, I just think she's one boring big lemon that is all
And you're entitled to your opinions, no matter how dumb they are; just because you think she's "boring" doesn't mean she's not going to have a great year

joaco
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:37 PM
I'm 100% sure Lindsay will prove you wrong. Besides, what is the point of getting in this thread just to bash Lindsay?!:rolleyes:

Lindsayrules: Ignore him/her, we don't even have to read these nonsense comments.
So did you get my pm? Hope you have and please Don't let him/her ruin your great evening....

#1 Lindsay
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:33 PM
oh yes shelia e your $2 will end up around 12 cents in america

bandabou
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Lindsay-fans, Lindsay-fans...yeah, yeah, she has the 14-1 record to start the year. But who did she REALLY beat?! Lindsay is still top 5 so she it ain´t that surprising for her having such a record.....but that´s just the way it is gonna be. Beating who she´s supposed to beat and then when the big guns arrive, it´s over.

Simple.

LindsayRulez
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Lindsay-fans, Lindsay-fans...yeah, yeah, she has the 14-1 record to start the year. But who did she REALLY beat?! Lindsay is still top 5 so she it ain´t that surprising for her having such a record.....but that´s just the way it is gonna be. Beating who she´s supposed to beat and then when the big guns arrive, it´s over.

Simple.
Beating who you're supposed to beat is easier said than done; if it were so "simple," the rankings would be written in stone week in and week out. Only half of the top 10 have beaten who they should have to start off the year, we know that Venus surely has not done that. You're totally right, she hasn't defeated Justine or Kim yet this year, but she's only had one chance for God's sake, and it's not like she was blown away.

We will just have to let her results speak for themselves.

Andrew.
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Now we have the Williams fans coming in to hate. More fun. :)

Andrew.
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Beating who you're supposed to beat is easier said than done; if it were so "simple," the rankings would be written in stone week in and week out. Only half of the top 10 have beaten who they should have to start off the year, we know that Venus surely has not done that. You're totally right, she hasn't defeated Justine or Kim yet this year, but she's only had one chance for God's sake, and it's not like she was blown away.

We will just have to let her results speak for themselves.

:clap2: Well said.