PDA

View Full Version : Venus OUT of Antwerp

anton
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Word is Venus has withdrawn with knee injury after draw made...

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Word is Venus has withdrawn with knee injury after draw made...

Where did this word come from??

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Can you hook us up with a link?

anton
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:49 PM
venuswilliams.com

but also go to LTMN.com and Venustennis.com when you have time. :)

anton
http://www.venuswilliams.com/pix/1.gif
Venus Withdraws from Antwerp
Feb 14 2004 6:27PM
Venus must pospone her quest for the golden racquet as she withdraws from The Proximus Diamond Games.

K&J fan
Can you hook us up with a link?
no, no, no :eek:

don't hook up this board with HIS brain :eek:

:p

- L i n a -
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Justine can enjoy some nice practice matches for the final.

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:51 PM
damn, why did she have to withdrawl?.. I think this is an evil plan to make us all wait.. :devil:

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Get well Venus. She must be devastated.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:53 PM
That tourney director didn't know what he was talking about as usual. :rolleyes:

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Her knee injury probably started to bother her when she saw the draw. :tape:
I doubt that! She doesn't really have a reason to be scared of Justine yet..

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:54 PM
:tape: is all I can say!

SJW
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:55 PM
:tape: is all i can say too

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Seems like these tourney directors lie to make money.

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Seems like these tourney directors lie to make money.

What did he say?

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:56 PM
:tape: :tape: :tape: :armed:

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:58 PM
What did he say?

He gave the impression that Venus was playing.

DelMonte
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:58 PM
bloody hell, is all i can say. i am so sick and tired of all the injuries plaguing the WTA players (and i am sure they are even more frustrated than i am). i haven't studied the antwerp draw in great detail but i suppose it's another kim/justine final, right? well, i hope at least that kim can get a win this time.

DelMonte

dreamgoddess099
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:59 PM
It's Ok, nobody but Venus can win the racquet for the next two years anyway. Why risk playing with injury when she still has two more chances in the next two years at it?

*JR*
That tourney director didn't know what he was talking about as usual. :rolleyes:
Who, Bob Verbeek of Elke WC fame? :eek: Now just suppose he DID, but kept it a secret to sell more tix, like the TD in Philly likely did last fall? Nah, I'm just too damn cynical! ;)

esquímaux
:lol: Man! the belgians are milking the tour for all its worth!

Freewoman33
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Damn, the haters are still being hateful, even to an injured Venus. Jesus, it never ends. Enjoy yourselves, haters.

Get well soon, Venus.

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Oh well, I will use the time to continue copying my old matches fron vhs to dvd. Get better Vee :sad:

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Damn, the haters are still being hateful, even to an injured Venus. Jesus, it never ends. Enjoy yourselves, haters.

Get well soon, Venus.

Ummm...who's hating on Venus :rolleyes: OK, back away from the keyboard, take 3 deep breathes, and reread this thread :lol:

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Who, Bob Verbeek of Elke WC fame? :eek: Now just suppose he DID, but kept it a secret to sell more tix, like the TD in Philly likely did last fall? Nah, I'm just too damn cynical! ;)

I honestly think he did because those press releases were pretty convincing of Venus participation.

Schalckske
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:03 PM

Get well soon, Venus.
:lol: :lol:

please show me one hater in this thread :rolleyes:

Joachim
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:03 PM
thats a great news

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Ummm...who's hating on Venus :rolleyes: OK, back away from the keyboard, take 3 deep breathes, and reread this thread :lol:
Hater(Hairspray Queen), singularly for now.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:05 PM
If Venus didn't want to play that tournement because she's injured she would have withdraw before the tournement.

Clearly it's last minut injury (or ...) - so the TD is not to blame.

Not necessarily, this happened in Philly last year also. The TD doesn't have to announce Venus' withdrawal the minute she withdraws.

Kart
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:06 PM
That's a shame, get well soon Venus.

That racquet has still got your name on it for another year at least.

Freewoman33
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:06 PM
There's more to come.

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:08 PM
So who will move up into the Main Draw :shrug:

Lady
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Still hope it's not true :sad:

Knizzle
I meant to say she would have withdraw before the draw was made if she never had the intention to play the tournement.

Not sure to understand how can the TD be blamed for something.

You don't have to understand. It's my opinion that these TD or the WTA have left certain players names in the draw although they knew they weren't going to play.

Volcana
Nothing on the tournament website yet.

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I bet Dawn e-mailed her the draw to show her it was rigged

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Ok , I just saw this on AOL, it was not there 5min . ago

Tennis-Venus chases million-euro racket at Antwerp event

BRUSSELS, Feb 14 (Reuters) - Venus Williams has the chance to win outright a gold and diamond racket worth a million euros ($1.28 million) at next week's indoor Antwerp Diamond Games.

The 23-year-old American won the racket in both 2002 and 2003 and WTA tournament rules say a player can keep it forever if she wins the trophy three times in five years.

Williams overcame home favourites Justine Henin-Hardenne (6-3 5-7 6-3) in the final two years ago and Kim Clijsters (6-2 6-4) last year but is likely to struggle this time around.

The Belgians are now ranked one and two in the world while former world number one Williams has seen her ranking drop to 13. She also suffered a fresh injury blow this month.

The American pulled out of the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo on February 6 with a strained leg muscle which forced her to forfeit her quarter-final with compatriot Chanda Rubin.

It was only her second tournament since being sidelined for six months with an abdominal injury and followed a third-round exit at the Australian Open where the injury first flared up.

In Antwerp the third-seeded Williams is in the same half of the draw as number one seed Henin-Hardenne and the winner of the semi-final will more than likely face Clijsters in the final.

This week, while Henin-Hardenne was suffering from a bout of laryngitis, Clijsters was outstanding in Paris and on Saturday reached the final where she will face Mary Pierce.

Antwerp Diamond Games organiser Bob Verbeeck said: "I am very happy about the response of the public. We have already sold 100,000 tickets but it's normal as we have a great draw."

Frenchwoman Amelie Mauresmo, ranked world number three, has had to withdraw with an injury but that still left eight of the world's top 20 in the draw that was made on Friday.

What's going on?

*JR*
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Not necessarily, this happened in Philly last year also. The TD doesn't have to announce Venus' withdrawal the minute she withdraws.
In the NFL, injured players are listed in categories like "doubtful" and "probable". Clearly, tennis needs Something Similar. (Oh, forget I said that, a sport would need a little integrity 2B this open with the fans). :o

UDiTY
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:14 PM
VENUS!!!:sad:

Wow, this comeback isn't really going as planned...actually it hasn't really even started yet.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:15 PM
It does reflect negatively on a player if she withdraws AFTER the draw is being made, so no way Venus would accept to be in a draw knowing she would never play it. It's clearly a last minut injury.

The tournament hadn't started, so why is it negative?? And again, I believe Venus was asked to wait until after the draw was made for her withdrawal to be announced so people could order more tickets.

tennisIlove09
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:15 PM
I hate injuries! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

This puts me in further odd mood for today. Sigh.

kwanfan
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:16 PM
That's too bad! :sad: Get well soon Venus!

WF4EVER
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I'm leaning toward believing that Venus has withdrawn but I'm wondering why she wouldn't wait until next week since she's likely to have a late start and at least she'd be able to watch her knee for improvement. It's confusing, tho, butone thing's for certain if she has withdrawn it's because she can't possibly play cuz everyone knows how much Venus wants toown that diamond racket.

- L i n a -
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
In the NFL, injured players are listed in categories like "doubtful" and "probable". Clearly, tennis needs Something Similar. (Oh, forget I said that, a sport would need a little integrity 2B this open with the fans). :o
The only reason the NFL announces injuries is for betting purposes. Integrity has nothing to do with it.

caafje
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I honestly think he did because those press releases were pretty convincing of Venus participation.

That's because Venus actually officially commited a few days ago.
Comon Knizzle, you know the sisters are famous for withdrawing the last minute. And this is NOT meant to be hating, I really wish she wouln't be injured so the WTA would have a competition again; it's just far-fetched to assume Verbeeck lied.
Why would he anyway, the tournament has more visitors than it can host.

Get well soon Venus.

K&J fan
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:19 PM
The tournament hadn't started, so why is it negative?? And again, I believe Venus was asked to wait until after the draw was made for her withdrawal to be announced so people could order more tickets.

So, you say she's participating in this conspiracy ? :eek:

Btw, she was asked too to come to Antwerp, or was that just to take a look at those diamonds ? ;)

Come on, the fact it appeared first, and just now on her own website shows enough she didn't know until now :rolleyes:

Joachim
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Still hope it's not true :sad:

Thats true!!! :) :) :)

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Hater(Hairspray Queen), singularly for now.
She didn't say anything hateful. All she said is that the tournament director didn't have to give that impression, because Venus's name in the draw was enough to give the impression that she was definitely playing.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:25 PM
She didn't say anything hateful. All she said is that the tournament director didn't have to give that impression, because Venus's name in the draw was enough to give the impression that she was definitely playing.

You must have missed it.

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:27 PM
It's posters like Knizzle who keep non-Williams fans :rolleyes:

There can never be anything that even looks like a teensy spot of blame being cast upon Venus or Serena. Everything must be the fault of someone else.

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:28 PM
You must have missed it.
So tell me what did I miss? That was her only post, before you posted the post I quoted.

Ok... now I am tired of typing "post" :D

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Ok. My bad. Knizzle. I saw it. :)

tennisIlove09
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:30 PM
:sad: Can we just all get along, really? Clearly this isn't good for tennis. I just wish everyone would be healthy. :sad:

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:30 PM
I bet Dawn e-mailed her the draw to show her it was rigged
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

That was completely funny. :)

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:31 PM
So with this system, would you be happy to see Venus and Serena always listed as "doubtful?"

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:32 PM
It's posters like Knizzle who keep non-Williams fans :rolleyes:

There can never be anything that even looks like a teensy spot of blame being cast upon Venus or Serena. Everything must be the fault of someone else.

Blame for what??

LindsayRocks89
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:36 PM
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: this is really said, and i know this must be heartbreaking for her because this year has not gone the way im sure she wanted since coming back from the abdominal injury

:worship: Get Well Soon Venus!! :worship:

tennisIlove09
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:39 PM
I wish Serena would ask for a WC to keep the the diamonds in the family.

And, what better way to avenge the French loss is a back to back Belgian spanking, in Belgium!

LindsayRocks89
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:47 PM
wouldnt that be something

Ted of Teds Tennis
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:52 PM

If a TD were to keep secret that a player was withdrawing just to sell more tickets, wouldn't the player have to be in on the secret as well?

As for who takes her place, it will be a Lucky Loser, assuming she withdrew after the start of qualifying.

Thankfully, I haven't printed out the draws yet. :)

Volcana
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Venus is my favorite player, and I long ago got used to the idea that you never know if Venus is going to play til she actually steps on the court. All 'committed to the tournament' means is that tournament can use her in its advertising. Accoriding tothe tournament director, she's already in Antwerp, and she's been practicing at 7:30 in the morning.

That doesn't mean she'll play.

for-sure
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Get Well soon Venus!
I hope this won't be a Mary syndrome.

joaco
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Now THIS is ODD :rolleyes:

*JR*
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:27 PM
So with this system, would you be happy to see Venus and Serena always listed as "doubtful?"
Always, no. When true (see Advanta '03) yes. For Antwerp, she was supposedly "probable". (The "inbetween category" in the NFL is "questionable" BTW).

Evan, I know the NFL does that mainly for the bettors (even as that hypocritical league "opposes" betting on its games, which is of course BS because ppl stay in front of their TV's hoping a team down 25 points will cover a 13 point spread; or that it won't).

Ted, I've often wondered if players observe an unwritten "code of silence" so as "not to bite hands that feed them". And while this is an Octagon event, unlike the IMG-run Philly
Phiasco last year, there may still be some "de-nile" @ least, I honestly don't know.

:confused:

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I can't believe someone else is going to touch Venus' diamond raquet this year. I know Venus will not be able to stomach someone else getting their nasty fingerprints all over her golden and diamond raquet.

pigam
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Man! I'm sooo angry. Damnit :(.
Get well soon Venus. I was dying to see you in the semi-finals! Grrrrrrrr! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ps: Forall the people saying Bob Verbeeck fooled us, I hardly think so. Venus said she wanted to play Antwerp only 2 days ago in her diary on her oficial website, so stop blaiming the director. Both tried their very best to make it happen, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be :sad:

Again, get well SOON, V :kiss:

ps: It is on the official website (in Dutch) so it is most definately true.

K&J fan
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I can't believe someone else is going to touch Venus' diamond raquet this year. I know Venus will not be able to stomach someone else getting their nasty fingerprints all over her golden and diamond raquet.

:rolleyes:

and, even worse, probably their lips too :eek: :eek:

:p

lauryn
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:41 PM
awful news :(

Get well soon, Venus! The tour needs you!

lee station
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:46 PM
What's goin on?????!!!!!
Hope you can play, Venus!
muah, muah :kiss:

gentenaire
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Wow, Knizzle, you're calling Venus a liar, I had never expected this from you.

The real reason she's not playing is very simple,she knew I wans't going to be there this year so she felt playing had become meaningless.

alexusjonesfan
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:47 PM
This is truly a shock :eek: made especially unfortunate after the assurances of both Venus and the tournament that Venus would play. How serious is her leg condition? Obviously, it's worse than previously thought but she was able to practice for a while it seems.

and Knizzle, take it easy, the rest of the tour aren't the spawn of the devil you know (yeah, even Justine :p)? I'm sure the trophy will get properly washed and sanitized to remove the 'filth' of players not named Venus :rolleyes:

pigam
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Venus is my favorite player, and I long ago got used to the idea that you never know if Venus is going to play til she actually steps on the court. All 'committed to the tournament' means is that tournament can use her in its advertising. Accoriding tothe tournament director, she's already in Antwerp, and she's been practicing at 7:30 in the morning.

That doesn't mean she'll play.
Did I translate the article badly?
He said Venus is very professional and that she is out traning at 7.30
Not that she is dong it TODAY! Ha also said she called a couple of WEEKS AGO to inform about a hotelroom and sparringpartner.
Vensu herself said in her diary she would play, so it isn't only the organisation that is 'using' her. In a part they do, of course, but in this case, I think Venus was really planning on playing. Both her and the tournie tried everything they could, but it wasn't meant to be.

Again -maybe I translated it badly :o - Verbeeck never said V was practising @ 7.30 today. He prolly was just referring to the previous yeras. :confused:

vettipooh
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I was so looking forward to Venus playing Antwerp.What a disappoint! I really don't want to get used to 'Entered=withdrawal/injury',but its beginning to seem that way. I hope this is the last of the injuries for a while. We need a healthy Venus for some exciting competition on the tour. I guess its another predictable all belgian final.

Leo_DFP
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I wish Serena would ask for a WC to keep the the diamonds in the family.

And, what better way to avenge the French loss is a back to back Belgian spanking, in Belgium!But one has to win the tournament 3 times to get the diamond racquet, I believe. Obviously Serena has never won the tournament before. Unless you mean just the title kept in the Williams name?

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Wow, Knizzle, you're calling Venus a liar, I had never expected this from you.

The real reason she's not playing is very simple,she knew I wans't going to be there this year so she felt playing had become meaningless.

I never called Venus a liar and don't put words in my mouth like that.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:58 PM
and Knizzle, take it easy, the rest of the tour aren't the spawn of the devil you know (yeah, even Justine :p)? I'm sure the trophy will get properly washed and sanitized to remove the 'filth' of players not named Venus :rolleyes:

I see humor is wasted on you viggen.

gentenaire
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:02 PM

erh, if it was all meant in good humour, Knizzle, then why did you bad rep me?

alexusjonesfan
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I see humor is wasted on you viggen.damn, another swing and miss pour moi :p

I was really starting to believe in your fanaticism ;)

pigam
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:05 PM
yeah :rolleyes: I've notticed it too. That Viggen creature is sooo boring and soooo not funny and soooo not in for irony :rolleyes:

:lol:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:08 PM

:haha:

crewman31
i have not read this anywhere

crewman31
i hope its not true

pigam
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:09 PM
i hope its not true
It's on venus' official site
and on the official tournament site.
You better get used to the fact that it isn't true.
:sad:ly enough :(

K&J fan
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:10 PM
It's on her own website, here you go :

http://www.venuswilliams.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=53487

S-O-S
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:17 PM
i'm guessing Venus would have to return the raquet to give that to the winner in 04?
still 2 more years to go anyways, better not risk her own health

*JR*
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:18 PM
This is a case where EVEN IF NOBODY DECEIVED ANYBODY, the pattern of unethical behavior by TD's (certainly including this one) raises questions. Perhaps Verbeek and others need a "wakeup call" saying in effect: "If you act like gutless Wonders Where you DO clearly have a choice, ppl won't believe you in a case where perhaps you really didn't".

pigam
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:21 PM
This is a case where EVEN IF NOBODY DECEIVED ANYBODY, the pattern of unethical behavior by TD's (certainly including this one) raises questions. Perhaps Verbeek and others need a "wakeup call" saying in effect: "If you act like gutless Wonders Where you DO clearly have a choice, ppl won't believe you in a case where perhaps you really didn't".
But what can they do?
Sometimes players want to keep there name on 'in case of...'
According to the tourniewebsite (ok, that could be totally fake) bhe received the news @ 2.20h tonight. You can't blame the TD for this, nor can you blame Venus. They both had their hopes up ... it wasn't meant to be.
What are they supposed to do. It's normal for a TN top brag with a huge name like Venus.

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:24 PM

What are you talking about? Players withdraw all the time, sometimes they withdraw after the draw is made. Venus however, withdraws a lot after the draw is made :unsure:

pigam
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:24 PM
But what can they do?
According to the tourniewebsite (ok, that could be totally fake) bhe received the news @ 2.20h tonight. You can't blame the TD for this, nor can you blame Venus. They both had their hopes up ... it wasn't meant to be.
What are they supposed to do. It's normal for a TN top brag with a huge name like Venus.
Sorry re-read your post and grasping what you're referring to ;)
Do the initials E C ring a bell :p
Something like karma catching up with Bob Verbeeck. I agree he made a mistake in the WCcase, but that doesn't mean she should be blamed for Venus' retirement.

Diya
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:03 PM

:tape:

Seriously though the WTA will have to do SOMETHING to stop this NONSENSE. How many times has this happened now ? IMO the W/S should be banned from playing anymore matches

BTW Did anyone here about Venusfan and his patients err i mean patience ;)

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Did I translate the article badly?
He said Venus is very professional and that she is out traning at 7.30
Not that she is dong it TODAY! Ha also said she called a couple of WEEKS AGO to inform about a hotelroom and sparringpartner.
Vensu herself said in her diary she would play, so it isn't only the organisation that is 'using' her. In a part they do, of course, but in this case, I think Venus was really planning on playing. Both her and the tournie tried everything they could, but it wasn't meant to be.

Again -maybe I translated it badly :o - Verbeeck never said V was practising @ 7.30 today. He prolly was just referring to the previous yeras. :confused:

dong what? :eek:

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:13 PM

What you said had nothing to do with me and viggen.

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:21 PM
:tape:

Seriously though the WTA will have to do SOMETHING to stop this NONSENSE. How many times has this happened now ? IMO the W/S should be banned from playing anymore matches

BTW Did anyone here about Venusfan and his patients err i mean patience ;)

When will you stop being a dumbass?? :rolleyes: :confused: How about banning Amelie, Anna, Jen? They've said they're coming back and have repeatedly withdrawn at the last minute. If a player says they're hurt, then so be it. To me they're doing the tournament director a favour by waiting until they are really sure, rather than withdrawing weeks before and being just fine to play.

P.S. it's HEAR not here :tape:

Kabibi
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:27 PM
I'm glad Venus isn't playing Antwerp. As it is, I'd like her to come back fully healed from her knee injury and not force herself to come back any sooner and aggravate the injury. Good luck to Venus in the near future. It's not Antwerp now, but it will be a tournament soon.

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Oh my god. What evidence do you have that Verbeek did anything wrong?

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:35 PM
He has to spread them around so he can bad rep me again. :)

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:37 PM
But what can they do?
With Justine and Kim, the tournament doesn't need anymore drawing power in Antwerp.

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Always, no. When true (see Advanta '03) yes. For Antwerp, she was supposedly "probable". (The "inbetween category" in the NFL is "questionable" BTW).

:lol: OK. I'd like to see "questionable" by a Williams name. That would be funny.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:56 PM
He has to spread them around so he can bad rep me again. :)Have I given you bad rep before, LOL!

Tplayer
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:01 AM
This is great news for tennis. It's clear Venus and Serena have no heart for tennis. It's over baby! If it's not broke, don't fix it.:bounce: :bounce:

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Get well, Vee.

crewman31
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:18 AM
you know what, with the main thing with a come back is that you must play and this is not happining and it sad cause by the time they do come back and really play it will be clay season, and it will be more presure on venus and her sister, serena

crewman31
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:19 AM
This is great news for tennis. It's clear Venus and Serena have no heart for tennis. It's over baby! If it's not broke, don't fix it.:bounce: :bounce: for right now its is over, for the moment

jbone_0307
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:12 AM
what a loser??

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Have I given you bad rep before, LOL! I'm crushed you don't remember. :sad:

:crying2:

But then, I guess if you spread your affections around so freely, you can't be expected to remember every single one. *sigh*

Knizzle
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:19 AM
I'm crushed you don't remember. :sad:

:crying2:

But then, I guess if you spread your affections around so freely, you can't be expected to remember every single one. *sigh*

I don't give rep often. good or bad. i don't remember to give rep.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:22 AM
The posters who think it's good that Venus is still injured need to get their heads checked out...:tape:

As much as I hate Kim and Justine, I would never wish injuries upon them or be happy they were injured. In my opinion the tour sucks right now, and it will be great when everyone is healthy, if that ever happens. Venus, Serena, Monica, Jennifer, Amelie, Lindsay, there is just nobody in the filed nowadays.

Please get better players so the WTA isn't boring!:rolleyes:

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:25 AM
I didn't see any poster wishing injury on Venus, or thinking it was good they were injured.

Knizzle
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:28 AM
I didn't see any poster wishing injury on Venus, or thinking it was good they were injured.

Tplayer??

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Didn't see it.

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Looked it up. I didnt' take it that he was glad Venus was injured. But, I see how it could be taken that way.

Knizzle
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Didn't see it.

E X O E P
M B H G J
V A P L E

Cover your left eye and read these three lines.

tennisIlove09
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:35 AM
please get healthy.

and I did mean for Serena to keep the title in family

Couver
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:42 AM
E X O E P
M B H G J
V A P L E

Cover your left eye and read these three lines.
Ok I don't get it or see it!:confused: PM me cause if I can't figure it out today it'll drive me crazy!!! :eek:

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:52 AM
E X O E P
M B H G J
V A P L E

Cover your left eye and read these three lines. You obviously missed my post just previous to yours.

Maybe YOU should take your own test.

Knizzle
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:07 AM
You obviously missed my post just previous to yours.

Maybe YOU should take your own test.

I saw it before I made the eye test. You missed two significant posts in the thread.

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I missed one.

I interpeted the other differently than you.

Anyway, you are such a crybaby. Two posts in three pages for you to complain about.

You should see what happens in a thread posted about Daniela.

*JR*
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:53 AM

Only RARELY do I ever quote my own posts, but I will here because the point was so widely missed. It's NOT whether THIS TD (fishy as he is, with the Elke BS) misled people in THIS particular case.

Bob works for Octagon and has no "reserve of credibility" to fall back on, EVEN IF INNOCENT HERE! Barbara Perry (Philly TD) works for IMG and blew any she had last fall. Would YOU "buy a used car from them"?

:confused:

Nemesis
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:23 PM
:sad: :crying2: :sad:

I was getting ready to support her 100% this week, even over JuJu. And she has to withdraw.

Get better Vee ...

Hopefully she'll be for Dubai ... But I will not get my hopes up too high this time ...

Experimentee
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Get better soon Venus :sad:

flyingmachine
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Venus injured :rolleyes:
oh poor her :tears:
Get well soon