PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will It Take For The Tour To Get More Competitive?

CJ07
Feb 14th, 2004, 05:44 PM
You know, the last year or so has been pretty boring.

Kim wins everything
Justine wins everything
Before that, Serena won everything or Venus won everything.

I mean its getting monotomous.
When is something going to give?

Capriati, Davenport, and Seles all seem to be done challenging the top.
Mauresmo is always injured.
Dementieva can't serve.
Myskina can't serve much better.
Petrova is injured.
Zvonareva doesn't have a weapon.

I mean I can go on and on.
How long will it take for this to end?

*And As Much As I Love Venus and Serena , I don't wan't to see too many All-Williams Finals, I mean we need more rivalries*

All my hopes are on Sharapova, but you need more than one player to make things interesting

AjdeNate!
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:11 PM
There's quite a few up and comers, just give them some time.

Maria Kirilenko
Vera Douchevina
Dinara Safina
Tatiana Golovin
Karolina Sprem :hearts:

They all just lack experience, which they gain every match they play.

One thing that is sure is that change is inevitable.

Havok
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:32 PM
you need Dokic and Hantuchova back to their old form, and they'll be able to stop the Belgians. stop them in the Slams, i dont know, but they'll be able to stop them in the other tournaments. a healthy Mauresmo, which is A LOT to be asking for, will be able to do the same. until this doesn't happen, it's gonna be the Belgians 24/7

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:02 PM
EWWW Jennifer is not done :fiery: . She challenges the top players and she will even more this year. She is going to beat the top players this year on tour and is going to rise to the top again. :bounce: :worship: :)

pav
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Zvonareva doesn't have a weapon.;haha: whats Her backhand,a gift?

*abby*
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:04 PM
jenny is far from done!

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:14 PM
I would say the tour will be competitive once the injuries are done... Once these players are back and strong there could be some serious competition going on..
Jennifer, Lindsay, Justine, Kim, Serena and Venus... Those six will make the top quite interesting imo.. and of course the rest will have to work harder to get up there with them.

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Kim win everything? huh, did I miss something?

Rtael
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:28 PM
When was the last time Cappy beat anyone? The last time she beat Kim? Justine? Venus? Serena? Even Myskina? Not last year.....

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:28 PM
When was the last time Cappy beat anyone? The last time she beat Kim? Justine? Venus? Serena? Even Myskina? Not last year.....
So she had a rough year? Always losing three set matches has got to be a real mind game for her...give it time, give it time..

Rtael
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Let me amend that....she did beat Myskina last year, but none of the top 6 elite players, Momo, Lindsay, Venus, Serena, Justine, or Kim.

K&J fan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:34 PM
So she had a rough year? Always losing three set matches has got to be a real mind game for her...give it time, give it time..
I'm afraid, disagreeing with the Stones here, that time is not on her side :unsure:

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:35 PM
I'm afraid, disagreeing with the Stones here, that time is not on her side :unsure:
Unfortunately you are correct :sad: , but we can hope for another good run

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Time is not on her side, don’t make me piss my panties, please!

She could take another hiatus before Kim ever wins a major that’s for-sure

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:41 PM
She could take another hiatus before Kim ever wins a major that’s for-sure :lol:

K&J fan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Time is not on her side, don’t make me piss my panties, please!

She could take another hiatus before Kim ever wins a major that’s for-sure
whether you piss your panties or not is up to you :o

At least Kim is making the Tour more competitive, so she was not even object of this topic, but if it feels more comfortable to take away the spotlight of your fave that's okay with me :wavey:

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Zvonareva doesn't have a weapon.;haha: whats Her backhand,a gift?
... it's a moonball machine :tape:

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:50 PM
I do not have any favorites.

You do not sound so confident with your favorite

pav
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:03 PM
... it's a moonball machine :tape:

Shit sometimes She cocks that up cause they go straight and fast into the corners, nevermind She'll get it right someday! :)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:11 PM

She does have time!! She has this year and a few more after it!!!! She lost a lot of tough matches and those matches were the most intereting of the tour. She is so close and this year she is going to win the three setters because now she has learned. Don't you worry about J-Cap she will be ready, but I hope the players will be ready for her!!!!!!!

joaco
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:20 PM
:yawn:

sartrista7
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:33 PM
I mean I can go on and on.
How long will it take for this to end?

The injuries will end when the top players actually tailor their schedules and training to avoiding them, rather than over-exerting themselves over silly things (ie, not while the Clijsters mindset prevails).

The lack of rivalries will end when Sharapova and Golovin grow up, in about two years' time. Till then... it'll probably be best to look away.

Volcana
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:42 PM
It might not. The last year the tour was 'competitve', in the sense that no one or two players was beating allthe others consistently, on a week to week basis, was 1998.

If Venus comes back and Justine still can't beat her, the tour isn't MORE competitve. If Venus comes back and she can't beat Justine, the tour isn't MORE competitve.

If it's Serena and Justine dominating instead of Justine and Kim, the tour isn't MORE competitve.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:04 PM
I think it is more competitive, actually ....

alexusjonesfan
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:16 PM
IMO way too many things have to be right at the same time with the current crop of top players for there to be much variety. Some players need to get fitter or keep from getting injured (if that was ever possible), other players need to get it together mentally, others still need to refine parts of their game or their tactics...and all of those things seem just too numerous and varied to occur simultaneously to give us the tour we all want ;)

bigshow21
Feb 15th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Jennifer Capriati is not done! She has a long time until she will be. Just because she gets an injury doesnt mean it is the end of her career. Everyone gets injured sometime and comes right back...good as ever! Now that she is back, the tour will definately be a lot more competitive. I cant wait to cheer and watch her play. Good luck jen!