PDA

View Full Version : Olympics - can we share qualification rules and stuff for singles/doubles please ?

ChrisGermany2nd
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Ive no idea if the FedCup rule still exits and what this means. Having played in the last 3 year, having played this year etc.

Ive no idea if the number of players send to Athen is limited for each country

Ive no idea if this means they fill up the field from the no1-ranked player up to, lets say, top50 and then its completed as soon as a country nominates these players as "playing". Its quite confusing that

a) a player has to tell her country shes willing to go
b) the country has to decide if nominating her for singles and/or doubles
c) the ITF send places the player according to her ranking and see if she
gets direct entry into the field

If Im correct, there could be up to 6 players for each country, same as there could be more than just one doubles team for each country this time.

But isnt it confusing that a number of nations try out different doubles combis at the moment when nominating a 2nd doubles team would ruin the chances in singles (when being limited in the overall number of players that could be sent ?!). And how can smaller nations send a doubles team when its obvious that France, Russia, USA, even Italy (Garbin/Grande and Farina/Schiavone) could send more than one doubles team and, therefore, complete the field before smaller nations even get a team together ?!

JonBcn
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Can I add a #5?

Have they announced exactly how many points will be given yet?

ChrisGermany2nd
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:21 AM
And can someone please clarify if she/he also had login-problems in recent weeks and how I can solve them ? ;-) Ive difficulties to add my password. If I enter it and press RETURN, its deleted and, consequently, I end in the "login"-area once again telling me I entered an invalid password which is rubbish. Ive this problem in all my 3 browsers and even entering me as ChrisGermany3rd, ChrisGermany2nd does not help me longer than 1-2 days when the system still remembers my password.

I want my ChrisGermany profile back :-(

~Isidora~
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:55 AM
i think the rule is you have to play in fed cup in before olympic year and in olympic one. i still know Dokic is excluded from that cause it took her 3 years before she could play for serbia-montenegro it finished in november 03. She will probably play in april, alongside Jankovic and try to put Serbia-Montengro in World Group after 10 years. If Jankovic moves up (and she will) in top 50-55 we'll have to players at Olympics- Dokic and Jankovic- and who knows maybe someone elese explodes before OG. Go Ivanovic

JonBcn
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:33 AM
And can someone please clarify if she/he also had login-problems in recent weeks and how I can solve them ? ;-) Ive difficulties to add my password. If I enter it and press RETURN, its deleted and, consequently, I end in the "login"-area once again telling me I entered an invalid password which is rubbish. Ive this problem in all my 3 browsers and even entering me as ChrisGermany3rd, ChrisGermany2nd does not help me longer than 1-2 days when the system still remembers my password.

I want my ChrisGermany profile back :-(
Maybe you have a corrupt cookie. Try deleting all your cookies and trying again...

Fantastic
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Points for Olympic Games (WTA):

Gold Medallist: 248
Silver Medallist: 174
Bronze Medallist: 122
Fourth Place: 94
Quarter-Finalists: 62
Third Round: 34
Second Round: 20
First Round: 1

GoDominique
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:36 PM
The ITF website has all the information. :)

Factsheet (short): http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_2363_original.PDF

Regulations (long): http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_2151_original.PDF