PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce die hard fans.. please tell me.. how exactly does she look fit wise?

Dawn Marie
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Hi.:)

Is Mary back to her normal weight and fitness? Is she alot slimmer now then even a month ago? I am anxious to hear from those who may have seen her LIVE recently or on TV. Oh and how was her tennis? Her serve and mental focus?

I always had a soft spot for Mary..:)

NicoMary
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Hi.:)

Is Mary back to her normal weight and fitness? Is she alot slimmer now then even a month ago? I am anxious to hear from those who may have seen her LIVE recently or on TV. Oh and how was her tennis? Her serve and mental focus?

I always had a soft spot for Mary..:)
Mary looks almost as fit as she was in 2000:hearts: , just a few kilos extra. I saw her live on wednesday and she look in Great Shape, she did a great job this winter, trust me

Dawn Marie
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:30 AM
OK, ty:) wHAT ABOUT HER TENNIS? sHE CAN WACK THE HECK OUT OF THE BALL.

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Don't worry dude, Mary is looking better and better by the tournament; which is good considering she looked like a house a year ago :tape:

Tompier
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:05 PM
You can answer yourself :) after such a long break, her first tourament and She is already in semis (I am sure the final is just a matter of hours ;) )
SHE IS IN GOOD SHAPE :) :bounce:

Volcana
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:35 PM
She's not as slender as she was when she won RG 2000.

However, that wasn't her 'normal' condition. That was a little better than that. And it needed to be.

r1 Tara SNYDER (USA) 6-3 6-1
r2 Barbara RITTNER (GER) 6-1 6-1
r3 Virginie RAZZANO (FRA) 6-4 6-0
r4 Asa SVENSSON (SWE) 6-2 6-1
QF Monica SELES (USA) 4-6 6-3 6-4
SF Martina HINGIS (SUI) 6-4 5-7 6-2
FR Conchita MARTINEZ (ESP) 6-2 7-5

She beat Hingis AND Seles on CLAY to win that title.

jenny161185
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I remeber one of my first memories of Mary when she hit that trick shot through her legs to only lob Monica who was at net! It was amazing! I hope Mary can do well in the rest of this tourney would love to see her win the title

GoDominique
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Mary looks good, however I think it's funny that Dawn is asking die-hard fans for an objective opinion. We all know that's not possible. ;)

Tompier
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Mary looks good, however I think it's funny that Dawn is asking die-hard fans for an objective opinion. We all know that's not possible. ;)

:)

THE NET
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Happy to see Mary is playing so well again.

Just beat Kim "the jerk" tomorrow!!! Prove that you are ready to get back to where you should be!!

MARYYYYYYYYYY:kiss:

Tatiana Panova
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah Dawn Marie, she is whacking the ball as hard if not harder than she ever did - with a lot of flair and touch as well and her volleys have improved. I think she has realised that the game has become a lot stronger and with all these young girls whacking it, she has just upped her game i.e. whack the ball even harder. I feel that at some parts of her career coaches have tried to temper her game by advising her to always hit the ball so hard. But since everyone does it nowadays, Mary is being allowed to play her natural game.

I find it incredible that even after all these years Mary is still the biggest (in the top three) hitter on the tour, even though there are all these youngsters. You forget how hard she hit it until you watch her play. What I love about Mary though is it is all so graceful with the power. When she turns those massive hips and shoulders though not many compete and I feel that is partly where she gets that extra power from!

emptyhead
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:57 PM
She's nowhere near the old Mary, but she'll do for me

Glenn
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:05 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/577/12003-ausopen134.jpghttp://www.wtnphotos.com/data/577/21238890414pierce.jpg

A year ago vs today.

Rtael
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:31 PM
She definitely looks fitter in those pics; you'd be able to see even more of a difference if you showed some pics that have her legs in them!