PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever LIKE a player because you LIKE their fans on this board?

TeeRexx
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Or even on the old Sanex WTA board? Or like a player MORE because of their fans?

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Yes:angel:

RockSteady
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Monica Seles. I was always neutral with her, but I like her fans a lot. She's one of my faves now.

brickhousesupporter
You are guys are too funny. Lol

Halardfan
As I mentioned in the other thread, it can work both ways, and their are certainly players I follow more and look out for their results, because I like the posters who support them...

victory1
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I like the Williams sisters because of their loyal fan base, oh let me stop lying, :o I was already captivated way before I joined any fan base site :D

GrandSlammed
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:44 PM
DITTO victory1!!:D

irma
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:48 PM
I got more sympathy for Venus more because of that interview that was posted here this week. :cool: (not that I disliked her before though)

Kart
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Yep.

saki
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Yes. Sandrine Testud has really cool fans! And that made me notice her more.

TeeRexx
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Now, isn't this thread much more pleasant than that other mean thread? ;) :p :wavey:

auntie janie
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:24 PM
This has happened to me fairly often. Eleni Daniilidou is one example of a player I like more now, thanks to her fans!! :hearts:

cynicole
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Now, isn't this thread much more pleasant than that other mean thread? ;) :p :wavey:

Yes, Tee, it is. Thank you. :D

Martian KC
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:26 PM
I became more of a fan towards the Asians and Russians because of the experts;) Danker and Eggy! They introduced me into liking them!

Jovon
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Great post TeeRexx!:) ;)

:wavey:

TeeRexx
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Jovon.
Yes, Egg has made me painfully aware of all 400 of his Russian babes. ;) :p

Frankly, Fingon and the great VENUS matchups, made me admire Hingis. Although, ironically, he has dumped her for a new fave. :eek: :p

destructo_girl
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Yeah, this is really a much nicer thread than the other.
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Frankly, Fingon and the great VENUS matchups, made me admire Hingis. Although, ironically, he has dumped her for a new fave.Thats nice of you to say. And I'm glad you can admire Hingis. :)

And its sad when a fan "deflects" if a player loses.

But personally, nicer fans don't make me like a player more. It just gives me a better opinion of that player's fans.
But it DOES make me feel more empathy for them. So that's almost on the way, right?

saki
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Fingon hasn't "defected" - he supports both Henin & Hingis. As I understand it, he's switched allegiance because Hingis stopped playing the kind of tennis that he liked to watch. Fair enough, surely?

Beige
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks, TeeRexx.

So...do you LIKE Jamie Foxx now that he's dating Serena? Lol

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:47 PM
No, I don't like Jamie Fox and NO he isn't dating SERENA. :p :rolleyes:

Beige
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Oh okay............................................Us her? ;)

Anyway, thanks for the cool "deflecting" thread; we need more of 'em up in here. :)

tia clara
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Yes.

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:13 PM
No, I like who I like, but if a poster I like has a fave I've not really followed before I'll take an interest in her - e.g. Eleni Daniilidou, when Iva's #1 Fan and Franziska cheered for her at the AO and provided random gossip/info about her. She's not one of my faves, though. Yet.

danker and TBE's enthusiasm for the Asian/Russian ladies is contagious, you find yourself cheering for them too. Which is no bad thing.

Lola
Feb 18th, 2002, 06:16 PM
No! I like the players for their game, not for their fans!

But JENN FANS are all cool!!!:) :) :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

harloo
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Yeah Tee Rexx you are such a super fan that you persuaded me to like the williams.
Oh and I like Monica fans, so it makes me like Monica. lol

No! If I like a player, it's because I like them. It has nothing to do with their fans. This is too funny, you starting this thread!!!:D

auntie janie
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Thanks for reminding me about Egg! He has absolutely got me interested in all sorts of players, and not just Russian! :cool:

Also, on the CNNSI board, the Mary Pierce fans were so very devoted to her, and so very, very nice, that I became a bigger Mary fan than I had been before. :hearts:

And Sharky has got me interested in Maria Sharapova, though with reservations! :)

V.Melb
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Sandrine Fans made me like Sandrine....although i already liked her..... they made me like her more.....so now i love to watch her play :)

Ryan
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:16 PM
I like Seles and Davenport more because of their fans. And Hingis even more:hearts:

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:01 AM
I definitely appreciate Monica more because of her fans!!:kiss:

destructo_girl
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Sorry, saki. I was j/k when I said "defects".

destructo_girl
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Which, when looking back, I didn't say. *typo* :rolleyes: