PDA

View Full Version : Serena "its all about attitude"

arcus
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Attitude counts, but so do genes, physique, training, family, gifts and talent..............

I wish athletes would acknowledge their God-given gifts.

I dont like the myth that if u wont something bad enough u can always get it. It just isnt true.

I'm 5'9. Ill never dominate the NBA.... :)

I liked hearing serena lament the 98 french, its the most humen shes seemed.........

Serenan'vee
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:26 AM
I wish she would quit all this other crap and come back to tennis

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Well Michael Jordan also said its all about attitude...I don't care how much physical ability you have with out the right attitude its worth nothing...

Oh and spud webb who won the NBA Slam Dunk championship is 5'7". Calvin Murphey who played more than 10 years in the NBA was 5'5" or 5'6"...

It can be done and they had the right attitude to do it...Oh and Mugsy Bogues who is 5'3" played many years in the NBA..

arcus
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Derek Jeter and MJ have impressed me as people.

come across like they are real and have nothing to prove. Understand winning and losing. MJ said that his turning point was recognizing that others realized that he had a unique talent. Not that he was just like everyone else, just "tried hard". He was one of the talented ones who worked hard and made it happen.

thats what life is about. Taking what ur given and working to make the best of it. :-)

tennnisfannn
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:42 AM
There are so many players in the top ten who have the game to be winning slams, all talented although differently. At the end of the day it is who want it more, take for instance justine vs Kim, Venus vs Serena , Lindsay and Amelie vs the above four. Justine and Serena have won their slams more from intensity and determnation, I mean both Kim and Venus match up well against them respectively.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Well Michael Jordan also said its all about attitude...I don't care how much physical ability you have with out the right attitude its worth nothing...

Oh and spud webb who won the NBA Slam Dunk championship is 5'7". Calvin Murphey who played more than 10 years in the NBA was 5'5" or 5'6"...

It can be done and they had the right attitude to do it...Oh and Spud Webb who is 5'3" played many years in the NBA..

I think you mean 5' 3" Muggsy Bogues.

arcus
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:47 AM
C what u mean, but I was saying that attitude os only one part of the equation.
Thnik about some of the really talented players with bad attitude
Think about someof the really great attitude players with less talent.

im just saying that sometimes people think its everything to do with "how bad u want it" and not "how much talent ur born with"

Of course, im not saying desire isn't important. Its just not everything.

Serenan'vee
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
remember capriati at 13..bad attitude, lots of talent..tons of people with great attitudes but not amazing skill. it's not how bad you want it, i know people that work at things forever, but without some natural talent, you can't make it.

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:53 AM
I think you mean 5' 3" Muggsy Bogues.
Yes I did, I thought him but typed Spudd again...:silly:

Diya
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Yeah her attitude towards tennis these days speaks volumes about how much respect Ms. wannabe actress has for the game that gave her everything she has. Without the tennis she is a NOTHING and she seems to be forgetting that

:tape:

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:08 AM
What is she supposed to say?

It sounds a bit funny saying: "It's all about having good genes which were expressed in just the right environment. Those include the genes that gave me the predisposition to have the attitudes to life that I do, though I would doubtless have expressed them differently in a different social and family environment, blah, blah, blah...."

The above may well be the truth, but you can't expect athletes to think about themselves that way.

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Yeah her attitude towards tennis these days speaks volumes about how much respect Ms. wannabe actress has for the game that gave her everything she has. Without the tennis she is a NOTHING and she seems to be forgetting that

Wow, thanks for watching the show and supporting a Williams sister again cause surely you aren't going around talking about stuff that you haven't seen? we call that talking out the side of your neck or pulling shit out your ass...:tape:
I know you're not doing that are you Diya? :hehehe:

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:19 AM

You're like a frigging flea, always trying to derail every reasonable discussion with your stupid retorts. It's getting old Diya ---Get a fucking life already.

pisces
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Serena look BEAUTIFUL.

arcus
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:46 AM
What is she supposed to say?

It sounds a bit funny saying: "It's all about having good genes which were expressed in just the right environment. Those include the genes that gave me the predisposition to have the attitudes to life that I do, though I would doubtless have expressed them differently in a different social and family environment, blah, blah, blah...."

The above may well be the truth, but you can't expect athletes to think about themselves that way.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

or maybe she could say..... "well, I know im lucky to have a lot of talent and support, and i'm determined not to waste any of it. So I'll do my best to win every match I play"

Midnite Surfer
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:51 AM

Well when you are injured you are injured. She has given back plenty to the game through clinics and promotional events. Also she is not a slave to the game. You should be thankful, I'm sure your favorites are secretly glad she isn't there. Because hardly anyone else was winning a damn thing.:rolleyes: I think she is giving a lot back to the game. Just think, she's given Justine three grand slams.:lol: That's more than anyone, including carlos rodriguez has ever given her.:wavey:

Fingon
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:12 AM
I'm 5'9. Ill never dominate the NBA.... :)

it's not the height what keeps her out of the NBA,

she doesn't need to be tall to play in the NBA, she needs a penis!!!

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:42 AM
What's your problem, arcus? It seems you really agree with me so why the rolleyes smiley? :devil:

*bombs away*

arcus
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:13 AM
What's your problem, arcus? It seems you really agree with me so why the rolleyes smiley? :devil:

*bombs away*

I didnt have a problem till ur post......
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

theres a few more rolleyes for ya....... :lol:

were not in agreement

im sayin that occcassionally elite sports stars are less ready to admit that a significnat portion of their success is determined by their natural ability and upbringing, rather than ""just"" their attitude and work ethic. And i know that both of these are important as well........

Serena williams is a great player. She has a great competitive attitude, but if she wasnt as naturally athletic, strong and quick as she is, and if she hadnt had a great family behind her, she would not likely be as successful as she is.

not rocket science and im sure she'd agree....

I just hate to see her say its """"all""" about the attutude. :)

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:21 AM
^ The thing is I agree with that. I also think that athletes are probably best off if they really believe it is all about "attitude". If I were an athlete's coach - not some declasse ex-lawyer who currently makes a living as a freelance writer - that is the sort of thinking I'd probably encourage in my charges. So, yes, at a philosophical level you may be right. But it is understandable that they think and talk in the way that Serena does.

If my initial post seemed too harsh (it was kind of tongue in cheek) I'm sorry, but you still could have responded nicely instead of giving me a line of :rolleyes: 's.

-- joui who is in a grumpy mood :devil:

kosmikgroove
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:46 AM
at 5'9 i wasn't expected to perform well in soccer/swimming/track. i made it to state in swimming, 2nd place league in soccer and 2nd in the 400m for my high school division.

it's about who wants it more and has the determination to get what they want.

SJW
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:56 AM
you obviously have to have a certain amount of ability, but skills are learned, not innate, so yes, if you want to dominate the NBA you can be.

you just have to be willing to work hard enough, and have the right attitude also

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:07 AM
All I can say is: SHE IS DAMN RIGHT!

Tennis is becoming boring with so many absences! I have never been a fan of Serena or Venus, because I didn't really enjoy their game and specially their attitude during a match. Not that I don't like them as persons, 'cause it has nothing to do with it, but they were scary :scared: So I didn't mind seing them getting beaten once in a while :D But the truth is I MISS SERENA AND VENUS, GET BACK YOU B******! :D

With Hingis gone, Kournikova too(yes she can play tennis no matter how many ppl deny that), with a bunch of stars becoming old and fat and injured :sad: I just want everyone to come back! :armed:

Some posters are saying the sisters are turning their back on tennis, for some stupid careers. Someone needs to tell them they are actually missed on tour, not because they were particularly friendly, but because they are so competitive and so tough to beat. If you ask me or any sane person, it's just a waste of time and tennis to play fewer tournies, and go promote their labels and image instead, across the US.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:15 AM

wow you seem to speak from experience. I'm sure without your job you are nothing.