PDA

View Full Version : 2004 top 10

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:16 PM
i know it's early.. but let's say everyone is healthy and playing all the major tournaments... what are predictions of how the top 10 will look by the end of 2004? or Roland Garros? either one if you don't want to look that far ahead!

LindsayRocks89
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:18 PM
i love your quote and my top ten will be

and i dont know :confused:

S-O-S
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:32 PM
i'll do one then
1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Amelie
4. Lindsay
5. Capriati
these are given
but the rest of the bunch will be hard to predict since we are not sure about how the sisters are doing, but assuming Serena comes back at Miami,
6. Serena
7. Myskina
8. Venus
9. Sugiyama
10. Suarez
Paola loves clay but she has gone high tiers now, so i'm expecting good things
and Ai is pretty consistent, dont think she can hold Venus off though.
barring injuries of course

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:35 PM
yeah i think i probably agree with those although i'd put rubin in the top 10 for sure. lena D will definitely be dropping out after losing this week.. It'd be nice if Hantuchova would get her game together..

kerbear
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Yes I agree. I think Lindsay and Jenn will play back and forth with the #4 and #5 spots. I'm not quite sure that Venus can make it that high before RG since she's now at... 16? Maybe Ai at 8, Suarez at 9 and then Venus. I could be wrong. I'm not really sure how Venus is going to so still since she lost early at AO and then retired from the next tourny...

VW#1
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:56 PM
are you guys serious? If all the players are healthy and play all the major tournaments than The belgians and the williams sisters are the top 4 easily. Now venus and serena may not be ranked one or two because of their infrequent play, but all they need is 12 tournaments, and because they get to the semis and finals when they do play and are healthy they don't have to play that much to stay at the top of the game. no other players with the exceptions of the belgians can say that

Richie77
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Here are my picks (edited because I forgot somebody :o ) :

1. Justine - she's not yet past Serena, but she'll play more events. That'll do it.
2. Serena - she'll win some Slams once she's back in top form, but Justine will play more events.
3. Kim - she might be Lleyton's bride, but I'm afraid she'll be the bridesmaid on the tennis court.
4. Lindsay - looks like she's getting stronger. Could sneak into a Slam final.
5. Amelie - if she's injury-free, she'll be a contender. Also could get into a Slam final.
6. Venus - not invincible anymore, but definitely always a contender. Will probably make at least one Slam final.
7. Myskina - This will be the year she proves herself worthy of the Top 10. She'll make at least one Slam semifinal, and win a Tier I.
8. Capriati - I'm not sure if she's at the level of the Belgians and Williamses, but she's still Top 10 material. We'll see what happens when she comes back.
9. Petrova - if she can defend her Roland Garros points, she'll be fine.
10. Rubin - Still a threat. I expect to see her in a Slam quarterfinal.

In my original (unedited) post, I said Sharapova for No. 10. Well, if I had to choose, I couldn't see Maria in the Top 10 over either Petrova or Rubin.
But, I still think she can make the Top 10. But it's not going to be because any of the above players let her have it.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Here are my picks:

1. Justine - she's not yet past Serena, but she'll play more events. That'll do it.
2. Serena - she'll win some Slams once she's back in top form, but Justine will play more events.
3. Kim - she might be Lleyton's bride, but I'm afraid she'll be the bridesmaid on the tennis court.
4. Lindsay - looks like she's getting stronger. Could sneak into a Slam final.
5. Venus - not invincible anymore, but definitely always a contender. Will probably make at least one Slam final.
6. Myskina - This will be the year she proves herself worthy of the Top 10. She'll make at least one Slam semifinal, and win a Tier I.
7. Capriati - I'm not sure if she's at the level of the Belgians and Williamses, but she's still Top 10 material. We'll see what happens when she comes back.
8. Petrova - if she can defend her Roland Garros points, she'll be fine.
9. Rubin - Still a threat. I expect to see her in a Slam quarterfinal.
10. Sharapova - Ahhhh, why not? ;) She has the game to do it.

like your list but i was thinking and i dont know where to put amelie??

Richie77
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Whoops :o

Edited :)

QUEENLINDSAY
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:19 AM
are you guys serious? If all the players are healthy and play all the major tournaments than The belgians and the williams sisters are the top 4 easily. Now venus and serena may not be ranked one or two because of their infrequent play, but all they need is 12 tournaments, and because they get to the semis and finals when they do play and are healthy they don't have to play that much to stay at the top of the game. no other players with the exceptions of the belgians can say that
Oh really????? Venus???? final oand semis only????:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

~RedRose~
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:24 AM
^^^^

because they get to the semis and finals when they do play and are healthy

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Here is my take by the end of the year:
1. Jennifer of course :) !!! 2004 is her year she is going to be better then ever and ready to show everyone!!!! :worship:
2. Kim she is good, but not as good as Jennifer!!!! :lol:
3. Serena it may take her awhile to get back but she will start winning again when she does!!!! :hehehe:
4. Venus she is way down but she isn't out she will fight her way back up!!! :boxing:
5. Justine she isn't playing anyone once the top players come back she is going to have some trouble they have been watching!!! :devil: :explode: :shrug:
6.Lindsey she is a good player but her attitude! SHe is always down on herself!! :shout:
7.Amelie she is good but she never shows her true self she might suprise some!!! :eek:
8. Myskina she will win a big tourney but that is it!! ;)
9. Rubin she is always hanging around somewhere!!! :nerner:
10. This is a tough one maybe Sugiyama??? :confused:

S-O-S
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:41 AM
bias, go look up how many points Serena is defending before posting...

Jericho
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:49 AM
bias, go look up how many points Serena is defending before posting...
why dont you look at the number of tournaments Serena has played in 52 weeks :rolleyes:

she'll earn points in Doha, Amelia Island, and any tournament she plays after Wimbledon

S-O-S
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:52 AM
why dont you look at the number of tournaments Serena has played in 52 weeks :rolleyes:

she'll earn points in Doha, Amelia Island, and any tournament she plays after Wimbledon
i see where i'm misunderstood, i'm just predicting the ranking after RG,
Serena surely will be ranked higher than that at year end