PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Pascale??

Unvoix
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:51 PM
"Pascale est plutot discrete" is how Amelie has described her 'amie', Mlle Pascale Arribe. This is a big understatement! She has managed to keep her face out of every single article that I've seen on Amelie. She also avoids the television cameras. (I've seen her, from a distance, sit three seats away from Loic in the player's box to avoid being easily grouped with Amelie's entourage.) I find this amazing, seeing that the popparatzi usually don't miss a shot of such a controversial figure. Does anyone know if Arribe/Mauresmo has some kind of agreement with the WTA to keep Arribe out of the public eye? Is their relationship TOO controversial for the WTA?

Also, does anyone have an clear pictures of Arribe? (The one on this site with Amelie in an airport isn't very clear.) Thanks.

jd
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I don't think there is an agreement with WTA. Since Martina N was out in the open why cannot Amelie? Maybe it is Amelie's sponsors. I find her public image is getting more and more femme-like. That's what Nike is dying for. Eitherway she has the freedom to do anything she wants and what we get to see is she is really enjoying her life. That's enough.

ToeTag
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:49 PM
It might be a little bit of both{WTA and sponsors}and there is the theory that maybe they just want their privacy! :)

ToeTag
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:53 PM
jd posted I find her public image is getting more and more femme-like.I don't really see a difference from when I first heard about her{1999}

cro-girl
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I think there could be an agreement with the WTA cause I do remember Martina Navratilova once saying "I wish people were paying this much attention to Amelie because of her good tennis, and not because of her personal life". That was back in 1999 when she was with Sylvie. There could be a chance that WTA had a problem with that back then and they wanted to make sure it wouldn`t happen again. You see, 99.9999% of people prefere reading gossip about a celebrity than reading about his/her succes.
Sad, but true :rolleyes:

Mariangelina
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Good question, Unvoix. Welcome to the board! :bigwave: Well, I do remember watching 2002 US Open semis on ESPN ( amazing INCREDIBLE match, BTW) and they showed Pascale a lot of times, wearing these big sunglasses and sitting next to Loic, so I guess the press could find her pretty easily. (My mom thought she was Amélie's mother :haha: ) But they haven't managed to show her in any of the other matches I've seen. She does seem to be a reserved and private person, even more so than Amélie, and I think that's good. I can certainly understand her not wanting the cameras on herself, and I think it's a good thing for Amélie.

jd
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:00 PM
jd posted I don't really see a difference from when I first heard about her{1999}
Do you realize how long it is since the last time she wore shorts? Although a woman's clothing taste is changing all the time.

Unvoix
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:20 PM
I do remember watching 2002 US Open semis on ESPN and they showed Pascale a lot of times, wearing these big sunglasses and sitting next to Loic, so I guess the press could find her pretty easily.

US Open 2002 on ESPN was the first time I was Pascale. And yes, the cameras couldn't miss her everytime they fixed on Loic. But, at the 2003 US Open Pascale was only seated a row and few seats over from Loic. The cameras could have easily found her then too, but for some reason they decided not to show her. It can't be that Amelie doesn't want her shown or that Pascale is camera shy. Andy Roddick's parents don't like to have their faces broadcast, but the cameras have started show to them anyway. (If she really needed/wanted to hide, she could act like Steffi Graf and watch from a private suite/box.) So then, why isn't Pascale shown on television?? Homosexuality doesn't keep viewers watching?? Amelie's sponsors have insisted on leaving her out of the picture?? The television hosts don't want to have to talk about Pascale's relationship to Amelie??

ali
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I think the reason is that they value their privacy, pure and simple!

I was at the Gaz de Paris final in 1999 and I remember finding it very odd that when Sylvie walked into the stadium to take her seat, she got big cheers from a pretty large contingent of Amelie supporters all seated together - and she then proceeded to wave to the crowd!! She seemed to really love all of the attention. I don't know all that much about the Amelie/Sylvie relationship but it seemed to me (as a casual observer that day) very strange that a partner would seemingly enjoy so much attention.

Can't imagine Steffi doing that at one of Andre's matches!! ;)

I much prefer the stance taken by Pascale, who, if she's at Amelie's matches doesn't care one hoot whether she's recognised or not.

Apologies if I'm out of date with some of this stuff

Unvoix
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:30 AM
I agree that Pascale is very discrete and is the better friend not to try to squeeze into the limelight. But her discreetness with the public does not explain (at least to my satisfaction) why she is never shown with Amelie's entourage. I found it very interesting that when Amelie gave her speech after losing to Kim at the 2003 WTA Championships that she did not even mention Pascale; Loic she thanked, and I think even Jerome, her trainer. Perhaps Pascale asked her not to say anything. But privacy or no privacy I find it odd that the television cameras didn't even get a shot of her. (Which, once again, she was not far from Loic.) Heck, ESPN showed Lisa Raymond's 'friend', Jen, several times during her run at the Aussie Open. And I have no idea what kind of a relationship they have. But it would be interesting to know in consideration of this discussion.

Perhaps I'm making something out of nothing, but if privacy is such a big thing then why the interview in Paris Match last May/June? In it, Amelie sure touched on a lot of very personal things regarding her relationship with Pascale (i.e., raising a kid together). However, they were not pictured together. Maybe Pascale just doesn't think herself photogenic. ;)

ToeTag
Feb 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Do you realize how long it is since the last time she wore shorts? Although a woman's clothing taste is changing all the time.
:lol: So what!Since when does a woman wearing shorts constitute being butch??

cro-girl
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I must say I`ve realized something....at Australian Open (and even in Sydney) Amelie was not wearing the ring and the friendship bracelet. Last time I saw her without a ring was when she broke up with Sylvie.
I hope I`m wrong especially cause I do kinda know that Amelie thinks Pascal is a woman of her life....and that kid stuf....it`d be a shame for her to loose someone she loves soo much.
I really hope I`m wrong.

Unvoix
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:44 PM
I must say I`ve realized something....at Australian Open (and even in Sydney) Amelie was not wearing the ring and the friendship bracelet.
I noticed that too and wondered if Amelie just found the ring and bracelet cumbersome to play with. BUT, then I noticed that she wasn't wearing either during television interviews.

It is as Amelie said, "Mais on n'est jamais sûr de rien."

queer_rn
Mar 4th, 2004, 07:31 PM
how much older is pascale? I saw a pic of them on yahoo and pascale looks much older.

nonplayer
May 24th, 2004, 02:13 PM
how much older is pascale? I saw a pic of them on yahoo and pascale looks much older.

just read in The Guardian that they broke up with Pascale

trixytrix56
May 25th, 2004, 02:23 PM
just read in The Guardian that they broke up with Pascale

Super - that means she's back on the market then!
:devil:

donna
May 25th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Amelie is still wearing a ring on her left hand,and there was a pretty blond woman sitting with her coach during the German tournament.So was it Pascale, or someone else?She had sunglasses on, so it was difficult to see if it was Pascale.

Sad if they have seperated!

ToeTag
May 26th, 2004, 05:02 AM
There was an article on GM yesterday that said she had broken up with her gf. :sad:

flyingmachine
May 26th, 2004, 11:35 AM
I agree that Pascale is very discrete and is the better friend not to try to squeeze into the limelight. But her discreetness with the public does not explain (at least to my satisfaction) why she is never shown with Amelie's entourage. I found it very interesting that when Amelie gave her speech after losing to Kim at the 2003 WTA Championships that she did not even mention Pascale; Loic she thanked, and I think even Jerome, her trainer. Perhaps Pascale asked her not to say anything. But privacy or no privacy I find it odd that the television cameras didn't even get a shot of her. (Which, once again, she was not far from Loic.) Heck, ESPN showed Lisa Raymond's 'friend', Jen, several times during her run at the Aussie Open. And I have no idea what kind of a relationship they have. But it would be interesting to know in consideration of this discussion.

Perhaps I'm making something out of nothing, but if privacy is such a big thing then why the interview in Paris Match last May/June? In it, Amelie sure touched on a lot of very personal things regarding her relationship with Pascale (i.e., raising a kid together). However, they were not pictured together. Maybe Pascale just doesn't think herself photogenic. ;)

So it's sounds like their relationship has been down hill since late last year. I'm only know they were split when I saw the acticle in The Guardian.
I don't know what kind of relationship they were having but do you think age difference can partly contribute to that because I know Pascale is much older than Amelie? :confused: :rolleyes:
Anyway this is from what I heard from friend and some personal experience with other males. I think when you are young you have no idea what to do in a relationship so my friends include me perfer an old person in the relationship a some kind guidence I think rather than a relationship for life. when we were about our late teens. However, so when my friends and I :o getting older we become more experience on relationship, sexuality wise etc and at times I think we started perfer either someone at the same age or in some cases with my friends perfer a younger partner I think Momo is in a stage of her life when things like that are started to feel to her.
I think from my experience that Momo is getting more mature she might thinking she wants someone in she wave length maybe about the same age, similar interest and personal compariblity. Rather than as a guidence to her life more like a partner for life because maybe she know (I hope she knows :confused: ) what is her sexuality and what she wants. Anyway I might wrong so don't take this too seriously. :lol:

flyingmachine
May 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I must say I`ve realized something....at Australian Open (and even in Sydney) Amelie was not wearing the ring and the friendship bracelet. Last time I saw her without a ring was when she broke up with Sylvie.
I hope I`m wrong especially cause I do kinda know that Amelie thinks Pascal is a woman of her life....and that kid stuf....it`d be a shame for her to loose someone she loves soo much.
I really hope I`m wrong.
I think when Amelie and Sylvie were together is more like teenage love than anything else is more a begining of her sexuality discover for Amelie. Whist Amelie and Pascal is more like a guidence to relationship for Amelie. I heard a simliar story to one of my close friend who is a lesbian. She didn't know she is a lesbian till she was 17/18 than she was in a relationship with a girl who is about the same age as her than a year later she told me she was split with that girl because she wants a older woman and at that time she was living in a large city and studying whist that girl was working in my local supermarket. (which she's still working today.) My friend was with that older woman for a long time. I remember she was 20 and that women was 35! :eek: She said she is SOLID woman but personaly I don't like that women. She trying over power her and very nasty towords me :scared: . Then early last year she was split up the women. Well since them my friend didn't have a long term relationship with anyone she has a few women but she is 'going to bed with' that kind of thing. :tape: However she is a lot happier now them for a long time. But again everyone is different. :)

cro-girl
May 27th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Super - that means she's back on the market then!
:devil:Yeah, but a sexy lady like her won`t stay on the market for too long, you can bet on that :sport:

flyingmachine
May 28th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah, but a sexy lady like her won`t stay on the market for too long, you can bet on that :sport:
Well it depend on it she wants to stay on the market for a long (concetract o her tennis) or just a short time.