PDA

View Full Version : All Clijsters match looming on the horizon

E. Blackadder
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) Bye
Denisa Chladkova (CZE) vs. Elena Bovina (RUS)
Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN) vs. Magui Serna (SP)
Karolina Sprem (CRO) vs. Anna Pistolesi (ISR)

Venus Williams (VS) Bye
Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) vs. qualifier
Els Callens (BEL) vs. Emilie Loit (FRA)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (SP) vs. Silvia Farina Elia (ITA)

Francesca Schiavone (ITA) vs. qualifier
Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. Anca Barna (DUI)
Tina Pisnik (SLO) vs. Petra Mandula (HGR)
Elena Dementieva (RUS) Bye

Patty Schnyder (ZWI) vs. Mary Pierce (FRA)
qualifier vs. Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
qualifier vs. Elke Clijsters (BEL)
Kim Clijsters (BEL) Bye

ys
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:37 PM
No way Elke has a chance against a qualifier int his kind of tournament, Elke will get double bagelled.

UDiTY
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Venus close to Maggie:tape:

GOODLUCK VENUS!!!:bounce:

Another cakewalk draw to the finals for Kim...unless Pierce gives her some trouble. But who will she face in the SF...someone not that good.:rolleyes:

Nemesis
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Only if the qualifier retires before hitting a ball :p

DAMN ... No Justine - Venus final possible :fiery: Anyway, maybe there's more chance that they'll meet now :sad: Because the current off-form Venus could lose to Kim.

Maggie vs. Vee in R2 of a indoors tournament? :eek: Worst possible scenario for Vee!

Lady
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Possible semi - Justine vs Venus! :eek:
Kim - easy road to the final! ;)

justine&coria
Oh no, Justine and Venus in the same semis : well, then I hope a Justine-pierce final. I don't think it's good for tennis for always having the same finals !

tennnisfannn
What no Dokic? Venus-Maleeva should be an indoor thrill.

LindsayRocks89
yikes, that is tough for Venus but if she is fully fit and healthy i see her winning this tournament!!!

ghosts
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM
it's impossible that E.Clijsters will win against the qualifier ...

Maggie :hearts:

pierce0415
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Qualifier will def beat Elke 6-0, 6-2 ... I think this draw is fixed in favor of Kim and Elke

Nemesis
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Qualifier will def beat Elke 6-0, 6-2 ... I think this draw is fixed in favor of Kim and ElkeI've also got this scintilla of suspicion ...

Kim: easy untill finals
Justine: easy untill semis
Vee: easy untill R2 :tape:

And they specifically said that they don't want Venus to win it. Plus it's in Flanders! :scratch: Who got the honour of drawing the lots? Kirsten? The biggest Kim fan around? :rolleyes:

Could all just be coïncidence too ...:p

E. Blackadder
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:53 PM
draws can't possibly be fixed :rolleyes:

tennnisfannn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I seriously would like to see an all Clijsters match. Just to see what emotions are there.

esquímaux
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:10 PM
:lol: Elke can't take on a qualifier :silly:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:11 PM
What a way for a "random" draw to turn out...:tape: Venus/Maggie second round...:rolleyes: I hope Venus can make the adjustments and beat her easily...Hang tough Venus...:hearts:

saki
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I can understand why people are skeptical - it is a dream draw from the organisers' point of view in that Venus might lose to Maggie, might have a Clijsters-Clijsters match... But, honestly, how do you think the draw could have been rigged? Do you really think Kirsten is capable of that sort of crime? Do you really think that she or the organisers would take the risk?

On the draw itself, my guess is that Maggie will again defeat Venus. This is indoors - never underestimate Maggie. Unless Patty decides to play at her best, Kim will be through to the final without losing a set and hopefully Justine will meet her there.

Scobby- Doo
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Two Clijsters in one match??? I feel like I would be in hell :o

saki
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Anyone who thinks the tournement director wants Venus to lose early is a moran. What's going to sell more tickets, Venus losing early or Venus winning a couple of matches to face Henin-Hardenne? Hello this is a dream semi-final. Unless some people think a semi-final between Henin and Sanchez-Lorenzo would sell more tickets.
Ah, but a semi between Justine & Els? This is Els' home city and probably her last year on tour... As popular as Venus is worldwide, this semi would probably sell more tickets than even Justine-Venus.

Andrew.
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Elke will probably lose to the qualifier in straight sets. :sad:

What's all the bullshit about the draw being riggged? It's not and it never has been. There is always a part of the draw easier than the other - that's how it goes. Get over it.

Nemesis
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:35 PM
It wasn't Kirsten that drew it. It was Anca Barna! :eek:

http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2004/februari/loting.jpg

Some consolation after the Leipzig incident with Elke? They probably wanted someone neutral ...

BTW - my previous post was partly a joke, just in case if anyone would be offended.

Darran
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:36 PM
It's amazing that the people who think the draw is always rigged, are supporters of the players its rigged against :tape:

Andrew.
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
It's amazing that the people who think the draw is always rigged, are supporters of the players its rigged against :tape:

Allez.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:38 PM
if venus is healthy completly she'll win this tournament, but if she is injured then she won't, its as simple as that ;)

saki
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
You're kidding I assume?
Nope. If you're too blinded by your favouritism to see any other point of view, I can't be bothered.

Fieke
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I seriously would like to see an all Clijsters match. Just to see what emotions are there.

Me too. I really hope Elke wins her match, because I've got tickets for Kim's first match and I really hope that it'll be Kim vs. Elke :)

LindsayRocks89
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:42 PM
yeah, even though i doubt elke will win, it would be cool if she did so we could see her play aganist kim

sartrista7
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Venus v Maggie might not happen... Maggie is quite capable of losing to a qualifier, especially in a field this strong. Elke will certainly lose to her qualifier.

Allez-H
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:57 PM
OMG possible Justine-Venus :eek: It would be sooooooo cool

raquel
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I doubt we will get the all Clijsters match somehow, but I am glad Els is in the draw. I remember a thread on here not long ago about how Elke was possibly getting a wildcard ahead of Els which would have been ridiculous.

Venus has a tricky draw with Maggie, Els and Emelie but if she can come through that little section and Justine comes through hers it will be a very interesting test for both of them so I hope that match happens.

Good luck Mary too! :bounce:

alexusjonesfan
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I doubt we will get the all Clijsters match somehow, but I am glad Els is in the draw. I remember a thread on here not long ago about how Elke was possibly getting a wildcard ahead of Els which would have been ridiculous.

Actually, Elke did get the wildcard ahead of Els ;). Kirsten was forced to withdraw due to injury so her wildcard went to Els.

ROTF@Anca doing the draw though....how better than to get back at Elke than by placing her right next to her sister (well, putting her next to Venus or Justine for one...but what conspiracy theory doesn't have holes :o)

LindsayRocks89
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Good Luck Venus, I love you :hearts:

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:14 PM
why is it Venus Williams (VS) bye
what does VS means? visitor??

I thikn that its cool that ms Venus has Maggie in her first round, so that she could practice not losing her focus from day one... but... yikes..

alfonsojose
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:14 PM
1. Elke will lost 6-0,6-0
2. Draws are not fixed :rolleyes:
3. Player of the week : DOKIC, for not playing. Finally, this girl will get a little ideas : Respect your body and quality over quantity ;)

GoDominique
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Elke won't get double-bagled. She won't win more than 6 games either.

Anca doing the draw :hearts: why is she in MD ? :confused:

Knizzle
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Venus/Justine semi!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!

I was hoping Venus could warm up by playing Clijsters. That will be a tough semi against Justine without a good warmup match before it.

Nemesis
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:37 PM
why is it Venus Williams (VS) bye
what does VS means? visitor??VS = Verenigde Staten = Dutch for "United States" ;)

Come-on-kim
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Kim vs Elke :hearts: That would be great!! Especially because I have the ticket for the match :bounce: But at the same time, I want to see some good tennis, and I fear Kim would win easily against Elke :o

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:03 PM
VS = Verenigde Staten = Dutch for "United States" ;)

thank you:)

alexusjonesfan
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Venus/Justine semi!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!

I was hoping Venus could warm up by playing Clijsters. That will be a tough semi against Justine without a good warmup match before it.
Why? Kim has a better h2h against Venus and is probably a better indoor player than Justine. This should be less worrisome, not more :p

Besides, Kim already has that big-honker on her finger so she might be less motivated to go for the racquet in the finals ;)

tommystar
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Don't you see that there is a family biusness??

Kim will gift the match to the little sis, that means 75 bonus points for Elke, about 250 places jump for her in the ranking.

You are so naive!!

pierce0415
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Don't you see that there is a family biusness??

Kim will gift the match to the little sis, that means 75 bonus points for Elke, about 250 places jump for her in the ranking.

You are so naive!!
LOL that will probably happen with Kim tanking the match :tape: ... with the bonus points Elke will get auto entry into Tier V

for-sure
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:24 PM
I wonder if Kim will pull 'a Venus' to give her sister a much needed ranking boost!

UDiTY
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Now that I think about it, I am kinda happy Venus is playing Maggie for her first match. She needs to get her game up to par if she wants to win, so I hope she'll bring it. She is almost the under dog in this matchup.

I just wish she would play Kim in the semi and not Juju....:fiery:

joao
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Wow ... Venus has the most difficult draw ever: Maleeva (has a losing record against her indoors), then Farina (who was serving for a straight set match win against Clijsters before something happened), then Henin (#1 player), then Clijsters (#2 , indoors lover) ... what does Venus have to do to win those beautiful diamonds!? Clearly the organizers don't want to let go those babies! :p

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Marie PIERCE (FRA) v Patty SCHNYDER (SUI)

1995 Zurich Hard (I) 16 Mary PIERCE 6-1 6-3
1996 Wimbledon Grass (O) 128 Mary PIERCE 6-3 6-2
1997 Hamburg Clay (O) 32 Mary PIERCE 6-1 6-1
1999 Hope Island Hard (O) FR Patty SCHNYDER 6-4 6-7 2-6
2002 Charleston Clay (O) 16 Patty SCHNYDER 6-7(4) 2-6
2002 Rome Clay (O) 32 Mary PIERCE 6-3 1-6 6-2

Marie PIERCE (QUE) :p leads 4 : 2

Hey, no more "Schnyder-Hofmann" on the ITF site! Maybe she did use that SMS! :lol: (Marco: Quick, get to Antwerp, there's hope After All). :devil:

Jarrett
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I really doubt Clijsters #2 will get past the 1st round.

flyingmachine
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM
It will be great to see Venus vs Justine in the semis :drool:
Hope Kim is not going to choke when she plays against her sister :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:27 PM
No way Kim loses to Elke, she will definitely be suspected of tanking if that happens. I think Elke will somehow make it to the second round to meet Kim though.

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:29 PM
No way Kim loses to Elke, she will definitely be suspected of tanking if that happens. I think Elke will somehow make it to the second round to meet Kim though.

Knizzle is right, no way Kim would lose to lil sis.. She'll smoke her... It's just like Serena playing Venus, they don't go easy on each other, of course they are more equal in skill.. but still Kim will beat Elke easily

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Kim has to play lefty, I think! :p

VW#1
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Can we be realistic? Venus is not in any kind of form to beat the current number 1 or number 2. Is she a better player than them, history says yes, but Venus has still only played 4 matches since she's been back plus dealt with injuries. She very well might lose to Maleeva in the second round, Maleeva already knows she can beat Venus indoors and venus is nowhere near the venus we're used to seeing, Maleeva's got to cbe very confident if she makes it to that match. So Williams fans we should just hope she makes a good showing. And watch if Venus loses to one of the belgians we will here that the Belgians have officially taken over after one match. I can hear it now.

vettipooh
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Yep,if Vee were to lose to one of the Belgians,I can here it now. It won't just be Venus, but the Williams sisters so and so, is over. Go on Vee!!! Show them the stuff you're made of........Diamonds!!!!

mackiec4
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:01 AM
I would love to see an Elke/Kim match! I just wonder how kim would react in that situation...whether she would be more motivated to win and blow her out, or whether she take it easy and win w/o shoving it in her sisters face.

i guess it would be REALLY nice if i could actually see this match, if it were to happen though.... :rolleyes:

azza
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:04 AM
100 points for Elke in the 2nd round? :lick:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Can we be realistic? Venus is not in any kind of form to beat the current number 1 or number 2. Is she a better player than them, history says yes, but Venus has still only played 4 matches since she's been back plus dealt with injuries. She very well might lose to Maleeva in the second round, Maleeva already knows she can beat Venus indoors and venus is nowhere near the venus we're used to seeing, Maleeva's got to cbe very confident if she makes it to that match. So Williams fans we should just hope she makes a good showing. And watch if Venus loses to one of the belgians we will here that the Belgians have officially taken over after one match. I can hear it now.

lol i know, people will say that the williams are finished and they will never win a grandslam again, they can hope :lol:

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:13 AM
100 points for Elke in the 2nd round? :lick:

Is she playing Justine?? :scratch:

darrinbaker00
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Leo Clijsters: "Losing in the second round won't hurt your ranking, Kim, so I want you to let Elke win. Play five games or so, tell them your ankle is hurting you again, then limp off the court, OK?"

Kim Clijsters: "Yes, daddy."

Elke Clijsters: "Thank you, daddy."

It could happen..... ;)

flyingmachine
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Leo Clijsters: "Losing in the second round won't hurt your ranking, Kim, so I want you to let Elke win. Play five games or so, tell them your ankle is hurting you again, then limp off the court, OK?"

It could happen..... ;)

:haha: :haha: :haha: very funny :lol:

bandabou
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:10 AM
If everytime when Serena, a top 5 player most of the time, etc..beats Venus, they are all suspicious this and that. I wonder what´d happen if Elke who has ZEEERRRRROOOO tour victories, would beat her world no.2 sister. Now THAT´d be something to be suspicious about.

esquímaux
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Elke better bring some Country Crock Bread Spread 'cause she about to eat some bagels :tape:

tommystar
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:42 PM
It's very good, Darrin!

But bonus points aren't only for completed matches? No for retiring.
(I remember once a Hungy girl didn't get the bonus points b/c her opponent gave up the match at something like 7-5 4-0 down.)

LindsayRocks89
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:10 PM

It could happen..... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: