PDA

View Full Version : Does Safina make a fool of herself?

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:51 PM
She throws her racquet after EVERY SINGLE lost point.
Even when Schiavone or Schnyder made an amazing winner that couldn't be reached, she hits the ball up in the stands.
I personally find her annoying as hell.

ys
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:52 PM
At least she is a fair competitor and does not cheat.

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:54 PM
At least she is a fair competitor and does not cheat.
Doesn't make her less annoying and has nothing to do with my point though.
So, what do you think?

Nemesis
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM
At least she is a fair competitor and does not cheat.Who are you referring to? :rolleyes:

In the few matches I've seen of Dinara, I didn't even notice it. I don't think she does it every time. I quite liked her actually ...

Experimentee
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Maybe she only did it in that match, but she certainly doesnt do it all the time. I've never got that impression from watching her.

Joana
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:07 PM
She does it often, but I think she'll eventually grow out of it. And it's not like in Vera's case, it's been quite helpful for her against Patty and Francesca.

Lucy
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
following in big brother's steps...:rolleyes:

esquímaux
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Even when Schiavone or Schnyder made an amazing winner that couldn't be reached, she hits the ball up in the stands.
It must run in the blood :)

Warrior
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Women's on court demeanor is much more scrutinized than mens. Men can get away with racket throwing and cursing, while women who commit such actions are judged much more harshly.

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Women's on court demeanor is much more scrutinized than mens. Men can get away with racket throwing and cursing, while women who commit such actions are judged much more harshly.
Not really.
I don't like it when Marat slams 5 of those 200$ racquets per match either.
But I don't follow men's tennis very closely.

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM
it's called showig emotion, and more people should do it

go dinara!!

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:21 PM
it's called showig emotion, and more people should do it

go dinara!!It's called disrespect towards her racquets and the people who can't afford them (and maybe not even food) and disrespect towards the crowd, because she attacks them with tennisballs.
And disrespect towards her opponent for not giving her credit for well-played shots.

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Not really.
I don't like it when Marat slams 5 of those 200$ racquets per match either.
But I don't follow men's tennis very closely.
$200,- are you mad??
they cost a little more you know :rolleyes:
and he can slam as much as he wants, he pays for them

Roxers
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Sure, she is very hotheaded on the court. She is always showing an emotion after every point. And as long as she is fair (what she actually is!) and she relates it to herself and doesnt affect her opponent or anyone else...
Well i like it :) It makes it exciting and interesting. But she should get it a lil bit more under controll.
And i think she needs it to get fired up. When she is, she is really smacking.

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:23 PM
It's called disrespect towards her racquets and the people who can't afford them (and maybe not even food) and disrespect towards the crowd, because she attacks them with tennisballs.
And disrespect towards her opponent for not giving her credit for well-played shots.
what's next? gonna bitch at players who wear new outfits every match instead of washing them?

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM
$200,- are you mad??
Marat's racquet costs around $200.
My father has the same one.
Why would it cost more? It's metal and a plastic handle.

Oh and it's just not nice to see expensive racquets get slammed, some people (like me) had to save months just to buy one of those.
It would be the same if we were burning food in front of people who live on the streets and can't buy any. (OK not the same, but it's still rude :p)

tenn_ace
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM
everybodu has his/her own way of coping with nerves... leave it to her to decide how to do it.

and who said that racquets are sacred and should be worhsiped? :rolleyes:

ys
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
And she is not paying for her racquets. She is getting them for free. We are paying for her racquets. So why should she worry..

tenn_ace
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
and if you really care about some people who can't afford something, but other can, why don't you start with 5star hotels for dogs being very popular while many people can't afford ANY food or home.

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM
and if you really care about some people who can't afford something, but other can, why don't you start with 5star hotels for dogs being very popular while many people can't afford ANY food or home.
I already did on the "dog hotel forum", but since this is a tennis forum...

Darop.
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM
It would be the same if we were burning food in front of people who live on the streets and can't buy any. (OK not the same, but it's still rude :p)
LoL...:lol:

Anyways, answering the thread question, yes she does make a fool of herself, everyone whistles at her, and it got to the point where a ball boy was laffing behind her back as she was getting pissed off :p

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM
LoL...:lol:

Anyways, answering the thread question, yes she does make a fool of herself, everyone whistles at her, and it got to the point where a ball boy was laffing behind her back as she was getting pissed off :p
:lol:
Dinara, everybody's fool.

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Marat's racquet costs around $200.
My father has the same one.
Why would it cost more? It's metal and a plastic handle.

Oh and it's just not nice to see expensive racquets get slammed, some people (like me) had to save months just to buy one of those.
it's not rude, it's their choice

and their racquets are costum made, just add another 0 to your price

Darop.
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM
She is getting them for free. We are paying for her racquets...
so thats where all my money is going :unsure:

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:32 PM
it's not rude, it's their choice

and their racquets are costum made, just add another 0 to your priceNo way can a racquet cost over $2000.
Sure it's their choice.
And it's my choice to hate on her for doing it and for acting like a complete fool.

tenn_ace
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I already did on the "dog hotel forum", but since this is a tennis forum...

and you are pissed your fav losing...

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:35 PM
No way can a racquet cost over $2000.
Sure it's their choice.
And it's my choice to hate on her for doing it and for acting like a complete fool.
yeah whatever,
she's just cool and she plays fair, so you're just talking bs here
but hey, guess you're from the south of belgium, being an henin hardenne fan and all, so i can't really blame you for talking bs :rolleyes:

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:37 PM
and you are pissed your fav losing...
Schiavone and Schnyder aren't faves of mine.
Hell, Safina can't take more than 3 games off any of my faves.

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:37 PM
just to make something clear:
i know the players don't have to pay for their racquets
but i'm just saying that if we had to buy one of those racquets, we'd have to pay well over $200,-

and one other thing: i used to smash racquets too, and it's just a good way of getting frustrations out

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:38 PM
yeah whatever,
she's just cool and she plays fair, so you're just talking bs here
but hey, guess you're from the south of belgium, being an henin hardenne fan and all, so i can't really blame you for talking bs :rolleyes:
I'm from Vlaanderen.
What's your point anyways?
I don't like how Safina acts, that's no reason to start a fight.
I don't like how many people act.

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:40 PM
just to make something clear:
i know the players don't have to pay for their racquets
but i'm just saying that if we had to buy one of those racquets, we'd have to pay well over $200,-

and one other thing: i used to smash racquets too, and it's just a good way of getting frustrations out
For some reason... you must be very very frustrated then... hmm, wonder why...

tenn_ace
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Schiavone and Schnyder aren't faves of mine.
Hell, Safina can't take more than 3 games off any of my faves.
don't have to wait too long....

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I'm from Vlaanderen.
What's your point anyways?
I don't like how Safina acts, that's no reason to start a fight.
I don't like how many people act.
serieus!! damn, je hebt echt een waalse houding, zou ik maar eens aan gaan werken als ik jou was.. en uhm.. is het niet een lichte vorm van landverraad om henin the supporten als je uit Kim-Land (:P) komt?

anway, my point here: she's a nice honest girl who just happens to smash her racquet when she's frustrated, and there's no reason to say she's a fool or acting like a fool, racquest have been smashed for ages now, and people will never stop doing that
and the fact that you don't like how "many people" act surprises me
cause juju ain't exactly known for good sportmanship nowadays, is she?

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:45 PM
For some reason... you must be very very frustrated then... hmm, wonder why...
i WAS frustrated ON COURT cause i just couldn't stand losing
i wasn't a bad loser, i just wasn't used to it ;) (j/k)
and i don't smash racquets anymore cause my knee keeps me from playing
so i hope you're happy that at least one person in the world has stopped smashing the bloody things :p

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Hehehe.
Ik geloof niet in de Waalse en Vlaamse en Hollandse "houdingen".
Toch ook niet alle Hollanders zijn gierig? Of wel?
Ja ik ben niet voor dat heilige boontjes-gedrag van Kim Clijsters, vind Justine meer passioneel en heel verbeten met haar sport bezig, dus vandaar... :p
En ja, ben wel blij dat er al iemand mee gestopt is, er is geen reden om die dingen kapot te slaan, je kan evengoed iets waardeloos in je tas meenemen (euh... stressbal of hoofdkussen of zo?) en daar dan al je frustratie op uitwerken.

mandy7
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Hehehe.
Ik geloof niet in de Waalse en Vlaamse en Hollandse "houdingen".
Toch ook niet alle Hollanders zijn gierig? Of wel?
Ja ik ben niet voor dat heilige boontjes-gedrag van Kim Clijsters, vind Justine meer passioneel en heel verbeten met haar sport bezig, dus vandaar... :p
En ja, ben wel blij dat er al iemand mee gestopt is, er is geen reden om die dingen kapot te slaan, je kan evengoed iets waardeloos in je tas meenemen (euh... stressbal of hoofdkussen of zo?) en daar dan al je frustratie op uitwerken.

doesn't work that way, just doesn't

i'm out, ciao M

esquímaux
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:08 PM
...and disrespect towards the crowd, because she attacks them with tennisballs.

:haha:

brunof
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I find nothing more pathetic and funny than men destroying geraniums on court. Hahaha!

CJ07
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:16 PM
give Safina a break, she's just a kid

and quite frankly I remember a Miss Clijsters doing the same thing

-cata-
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:25 PM
This thread is just pointless....evry single tennis player smash their racquets, SO WHAT??...It's a way to release the stress or showing emotions (that's not making a fool out of yourself :rolleyes: ...)

And yeah!! tennis raquets are expensive, But again SO WHAT, if you wanna get expensive tennis raqcets get a better job, work more.It's not the tennis players fault that you like such expensive equipment :p ...cause let me tell you one thing, Tennis players work hard for their equipment. (even is their sponsored by the co.)

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:28 PM
This thread is just pointless....evry single tennis player smash their racquets, SO WHAT??...It's a way to release the stress or showing emotions (that's not making a fool out of yourself :rolleyes: ...)

And yeah!! tennis raquets are expensive, But again SO WHAT, if you wanna get expensive tennis raqcets get a better job, work more.It's not the tennis players fault that you like such expensive equipment :p ...cause let me tell you one thing, Tennis players work hard for their equipment. (even is their sponsored by the co.)
So if you have a lot of money you don't have to be respectful about things anymore? You don't make sense.
It's not about the racquet smashing anyways.
It's about her attitude.

pigam
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:32 PM
serieus!! damn, je hebt echt een waalse houding, zou ik maar eens aan gaan werken als ik jou was.. en uhm.. is het niet een lichte vorm van landverraad om henin the supporten als je uit Kim-Land (:P) komt?

anway, my point here: she's a nice honest girl who just happens to smash her racquet when she's frustrated, and there's no reason to say she's a fool or acting like a fool, racquest have been smashed for ages now, and people will never stop doing that
and the fact that you don't like how "many people" act surprises me
cause juju ain't exactly known for good sportmanship nowadays, is she?
Amai, gij zijt stoem!! :o :rolleyes:
Vlaams genoeg?
BY the way, Ik ben een Justine fan :)

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Amai, gij zijt stoem!! :o :rolleyes:
Vlaams genoeg?
BY the way, Ik ben een Justine fan :)
:kiss: :wavey:

-cata-
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
So if you have a lot of money you don't have to be respectful about things anymore? You don't make sense.
It's about her attitude.

It's about her attitude?????....you were the one who started with the whole braking expensive racquets and how long it takes you to save to buy that kind of stuff :rolleyes: , you are the one who doesn't make sense.
There's not bad or good attitude in that...it's just attitude. It's frustation, being mad cause she didn't play the point good or up the opponent, i don't see how that could be disrespectfull to the other player, I would be happy to make the other player mad cause i'm playing so damn good.

and respect????....respect to a racquet!!!! a Material Thing :tape:
no, I'm sorry , I guess I don't really care for those kind of thing, after all. THEY CAN BE REPLACED!!! :lol:

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:52 PM
It's about her attitude?????....you were the one who started with the whole braking expensive racquets and how long it takes you to save to buy that kind of stuff :rolleyes: , you are the one who doesn't make sense.
There's not bad or good attitude in that...it's just attitude. It's frustation, being mad cause she didn't play the point good or up the opponent, i don't see how that could be disrespectfull to the other player, I would be happy to make the other player mad cause i'm playing so damn good.

no, I'm sorry , I guess I don't really care for those kind of thing, after all. THEY CAN BE REPLACED!!! :lol:
And that's the kind of attitude that kills our planet. :wavey:

But enough philosophing.
I don't like her attitude, period.
She's an attraction and people laugh at her, even the ballkids.
You can smash a ball into the audience or say a bad word once or twice, but after every point is just too much.
You like her, I'm cool with that.

pigam
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:57 PM

Wow :eek:?
What kinda vieuw on life is that? I will teach my kids to 'respect' their toys, to respect other people things and stuff. Just because it's material stuff, you can break it?
Like it or not, Dinarar has an 'exemple-role' to play, being a pro tennis player. She is on television, and young kids look up to her.
Does this mean she has to be a saint and never showw her frustration? No! Of course not, but smashing rackets all the time is just acting like a spoiled little brat, IMO. Sorry. If I would pay a lot of money to see a tennismatch, I would like to see a player who is fully focussed on playing tennis and going for it, no matter what. Not aplayer who smashes things when the OTHER player actually makes a point!!! :rolleyes:

I have nothing against Dinara, not at all. But I agree with Gleen, one time it's fun, but after 10 times is getting pretty :o

-cata-
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:59 PM

But enough philosophing.
You can smash a ball into the audience or say a bad word once or twice, but after every point is just too much.

DUde!!...you should be on a Greenpeace Thread or something like that.!!!

Well...I do get the point that you don't like Dinara (I got it from your first post), and i fully respect that.
But go around opening stupid threads like this, This is pointless.

miranda_lou
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I've only seen Dinara play once, down in Miami last year when she beat Anna K. She didn't throw her racket or get angry at all. Of course, she won rather easily.:lol: And Ms. Anna couldn't even get the ball over the net.:lol:

But, anyway, I think abusing your racket is normal for such a young girl. She'll grow out of it. Her brother doesn't abuse his racket anymore (not as much, at least). I guess his long injury layoff caused him to mature. Dinera will mature also and learn to direct her on-court anger in other ways that are less destructive to her equipment.:tape:

Havok
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:44 PM
It would be the same if we were burning food in front of people who live on the streets and can't buy any. (OK not the same, but it's still rude :p)do you need a f***ing racquet to live? NO, so stop bitching about people throwing their OWN racquets that they have EARNED.:tape:

Glenn
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:11 PM
do you need a f***ing racquet to live? NO, so stop bitching about people throwing their OWN racquets that they have EARNED.:tape:
No, but 1 racquet can buy a 100 meals.
Stop bitching about the racquets, I only said it to point out how bratty she is.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:13 PM
she doesnt make a fool of herself, there are people worse than her with on court attitudes

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:18 PM
It's called disrespect towards her racquets and the people who can't afford them (and maybe not even food) and disrespect towards the crowd, because she attacks them with tennisballs.
And disrespect towards her opponent for not giving her credit for well-played shots.it's called EMOTION.. she get mad and feels like taking her anger/frustration on her rackets.. SO WHAT?? how is it disrespectful to the crowd and her oppenents?? the crowd loves it when people show their emotion on the court.. if people can't afford food i highly doubt they would have cable televsion or be able to afford a ticket to a match.. :)

Lady
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM
She didn't break a single racquet, BTW! ;)

And Glenn, you're overreacting, she didn't throw her racquet after every point!
Just some points, really.

Every player throws their racquet ;) Just some do it more ofter then other!

Knizzle
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:34 PM
If she loses, yes she made a fool of herself.

If she wins, then she's a genius.

KV
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:43 PM
This racquet throwing is going on for ages. Take J. Mcenroe despite his attitude he made tennis a more popular sport. Even the ones who hated him were watching him. Despite Safina's attitude she's a great benefit to the game (the ways she plays). I am sure alot of people love to watch her.

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Since Sister Safina ovacame being a set down to Stomp Screwed-up Suissie :o it doesn't Seem She's Out Of control the way Vera Z. often is. ;)

Hayato
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
she is 16 years old! what do you expect....yes she will grow out of it, but i don't see her hit the balls up in the stands anyway. She gets it from Marat :lol:

Vass22
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:29 PM
No mshe doesn't annoy me or anybody I know. For one I'm a racket thrower too and I toss it in the air often too, it realy helps sometimes. So...give her a break, right now she is better in anger management than her compatriots....

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Dinara doesn't make a fool of herself. Passion is good and should be commended. Passion for the sport is why Dinara is in the game right along with everyone else. Dinara showing her emotions on the court is not wrong but shows she takes what she is doing seriously.

beauty_is_pink
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:41 PM
i dont care if a player throws their racquet on court or not, they're expressing their feelings.. and some, like safina, are realli emotional. we cant tell them to stop what their doing cause we find it annoying. :rolleyes:

and i feel it interesting and cute :p

Epigone
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I like Dinara's attitude. She's an emotional girl and this is how she copes. When she is older, she will hopefully find a better coping mechanism. But if throwing her racquet helps her to focus, I don't have a problem with it. And there is a difference between throwing a racquet and smashing it.

Masharapova
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:18 PM

But enough philosophing.

its her that earns the money for the racquet not you.

Brαm
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:22 PM

:bs:

emptyhead
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:23 PM
As long as she doesn’t incorporate fake injuries, and bath-room breaks into her on court behaviour then she’ll do for me!

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:36 PM
As long as she doesn’t incorporate fake injuries, and bath-room breaks into her on court behaviour then she’ll do for me!
JUST what are you implying here? :p

toobaxx
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:38 PM
yes she's making a fool out of her self, acting like marat ALL THE TIME!!! and she is bitchy against the ball-men, like rolling her eyes if they don't give her the balls the way she wants them to!

she's embarresing, and I think Marat thinks so to!

hewittrok
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:56 PM
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-02-13T153137Z_01_TEN06D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg
:hearts:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:03 PM

You're the one who makes a fool of himself!

HEr attitude is a result of being cmpetitive, and at least you know what to expect from her when she's missing! She yells and throws her racket yes, but SHE DOESN'T TAKE INJURY TIME OUTS, CALL THE OPPONENT A FUCKING BITCH, NOR DOES SHE DENY TO HAVE PUT HER HAND UP!

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:04 PM
I like emotional players.. you keep throwin that racket dinara!

hewittrok
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:08 PM
I like emotional players.. you keep throwin that racket dinara!http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-02-12T164556Z_01_TEN4D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

shnit.
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:09 PM
uhmm...NO she's NOT making a fool of herself..maybe the one who started IS the one..c'mon..its her racket..she throws her racket..so?!..oh yeah..its called,
E-M-O-T-I-O-N..you know its how you feel,you know F-E-E-L-I-N-G-S..she's just frustrated..she doesn't care if you are annoyed or whatever..she doesn't even know you!why bother..she'll get over it..she's young..and its her racket..are you paying for it??!!do you want to?:p so you get annoyed when a racket is thrown by every single player who throws her racket??so yeah..
its kinda funny when some players do that..atleast their honest..of what she feel..

shnit.
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-02-12T164556Z_01_TEN4D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

yeah!:rocker2: keep throwin that racket dinara!

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:13 PM
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-02-12T164556Z_01_TEN4D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

ok?? :confused:

Fantastic
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Oh, woe is me... :rolleyes: If you're going to call Dinara on racquet-throwing, then call it on every single player who has ever done it. You'll be here for a very long time. And thus tennis would be very "annoying" for you.

Aligning racquet-throwing with feeling bad about people with no food is really clutching at straws. What about people who eat when there are people in the world with no food? Should we all starve for them? Should Dinara stop throwing her racquet because someone else can't afford one?

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 05:05 PM
$200,- are you mad??
Uh......... No. He doesn't pay anything for them at all.