PDA

View Full Version : If Kim won her first Grand Slam by walk-over would it count?

for-sure
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:49 PM
If Kim won her first Grand Slam by walk-over would it count?

I wonder if she would choke?

flyingmachine
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:52 PM

I wonder if she would choke?

You have to ask her for that :lol:

Darop.
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:17 PM
shed be mocked for weeks and weeks but who gives a $hěT?

venusfan
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I think it would count and she would be in the record book but I would call it a defaulted grand slam title.

for-sure
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:20 PM
lol

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:22 PM
How would she choke if somebody defaulted the title to her?

for-sure
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:24 PM
How would she choke if somebody defaulted the title to her?

Kim would find a way.
Trust me
(she was, after all, almost handed the title at the USopen 2003 and still 'lost' it)

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Kim would find a way.
Trust me
(she was, after all, almost handed the title at the USopen 2003 and still 'lost' it)

Why don't you ..... shut the fuck up?

disposablehero
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:38 PM
If Roger Federer was allowed in the Women's draw and Kim beat him 6-0 6-0 in the Final, I doubt it would "count" in the minds of a lot of people.

VW#1
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:33 AM
I don't think anyone would not play a grandslam final. I would be surprised if anyone was too injured to play in a grand slam final. If you make it that far, you have an obligation I think to play, I mean unless of course you're dead.

Andrew.
Feb 13th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Well an example that comes to mind is the 2001 YEC when Davenport basically totally schrewed up her leg on match point against Clijsters, but just managed to whack at the ball hard enough to win that point. If she played she would have likely retired and would have screwed up her leg, and therefore her career, even more. She then withdrew from the closest thing to a Grand Slam final, a Championships final, and gave Serena the walkover. So it has happened. It's not looked upon as really a highlight of Serena's career, but that's because she has achieved so much after that in the grand slams. If Kim got a walkover in a GS final, she might take alot of crap, especially if she never won another one after that.

bandabou
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Well an example that comes to mind is the 2001 YEC when Davenport basically totally schrewed up her leg on match point against Clijsters, but just managed to whack at the ball hard enough to win that point. If she played she would have likely retired and would have screwed up her leg, and therefore her career, even more. She then withdrew from the closest thing to a Grand Slam final, a Championships final, and gave Serena the walkover. So it has happened. It's not looked upon as really a highlight of Serena's career, but that's because she has achieved so much after that in the grand slams. If Kim got a walkover in a GS final, she might take alot of crap, especially if she never won another one after that.

plus Serena already had Lindsay´s number anyways, so there wa huge chance she would have beaten Lindsay regardless.

About Kim: Maybe that is what it´d take for her to win a GS.

Trent
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Get of her back, geesh. Making it to GS finals is a feat in itself.

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Oh please, Kim could have pulled out of the ozzie open or during match vs Weingartner and all these selfish threads would have never popped up :rolleyes:

Rothes
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:28 AM
In the Rules of the WTA It would count as a win, yes so theoreticially Kim would have won her grandslam, People however would remember it was won by default and not by playing it out.

Mattographer
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:17 AM
No, walkover would beat Kim easily in a final ;)

kim4eva
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:25 AM

what do you think?

saki
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Well, of course it would count as a GS win officially. Psychologically, I don't think it would help Kim, nor would it make other players look at her differently. So, it would count but it wouldn't have the significance of a Slam title.

calabar
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM
One must understand that putting asterisks beside any achievement is only short term. When the history books are written, those circumstances that created the need for the asterisks are usually forgotten.

Darran
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I would count, as the point of tennis tournaments is to see who the last person standing is. If Kim got to the final and the other player pulled out, we have a winner folks, fair and square.

tennnisfannn
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM
If Kim got a walkover in a GS final, she might take alot of crap, especially if she never won another one after that.Well as it is justine gets alot of crap for actually winning 3 slams.:confused:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Justine :devil: deserves the crap, but Kim doesn't. She will win one eventually. She is a great tennis player that deserve a GS win but just can't quite figure out how to do it yet :confused: . There will be more chances and she will win (unless she is playing Jen then she has no chance ;) :) ).

bigshow21
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Kim is a good tennis player (but jen is the best). She does deserve a GS title as long as she doesnt beat capriati to get it. But otherwise i like kim and will route for her. As long as she works hard and plays good, she will eventually win a GS.

Good Luck to Kim! But Best of Luck to Jen!!!!! :)

Crazy_Fool
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:34 PM
No, walkover would beat Kim easily in a final ;)
LOL

emptyhead
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:47 PM
she'll never win a slam

flyingmachine
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:07 PM
she'll never win a slam

Are you going to bet on this????
:rolleyes: