PDA

View Full Version : At any given time of day. . . .

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:55 PM
;) :bounce: ;) :worship:

there is someone posting an article or making a thread about my favourite players. In fact, there will very rarely be any less than five threads @ any given time about them on the front page of the message board. I am wondering if two players (Venus and Serena) have ever generated as much publicity, revenue, and love for the game. They are absolutely incredible.

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately, easily 25% plus are hateful threads. :(

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Jollyroger,
Not a problem, though. I'm sure that they are de-sensitized to much of it.

Ballbuster
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Everytime someone of Color enters ANYTHING and holds it down - white people gets NERVOUS.

Just look at the Apprentice. More importantly visit that web board. Topics regarding the black girl (Omarosa) is 10 x to 1 for everyone else.

for-sure
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Yes... Everyone was really nervous when Jordan was No.1 or Jackson *rolls eyes*

esquímaux
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Unfortunately, easily 25% plus are hateful threads. :(
But still they're getting attention/publicity without even doing anything. Some people go to great lengths to get publicity; even having their tits bared at superbowl halftime shows :tape:

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
But still they're getting attention/publicity without even doing anything. Some people go to great lengths to get publicity; even having their tits bared at superbowl halftime shows :tape:
Esquimax,
I didn't know that anybody saw me. I thought everybody was looking at that Jackson lady.

AjdeNate!
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:18 PM
I agree certain athletes get a bad time... but just because someone doesn't think you're favorite is the greatest thing since sliced rye bread does not mean they 'hate' them. I like both V&S, personally, but I get very annoyed at the chip-on-the-shoulder-everyone-is-out-to-get-them attitude displayed by a certain sector of their fans.

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Yes... Everyone was really nervous when Jordan was No.1 or Jackson *rolls eyes*
2B honest though, the NBA was mostly black long B4 your first MJ; the Other One you mentioned doesn't seem to fit categories in Any Aspect of his life. :o Whereas the W/S have Broken Barriers.

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:40 PM
:bounce: This thread is becoming truer and truer . . . .LOL!!!!!

esquímaux
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I agree certain athletes get a bad time... but just because someone doesn't think you're favorite is the greatest thing since sliced rye bread does not mean they 'hate' them. I like both V&S, personally, but I get very annoyed at the chip-on-the-shoulder-everyone-is-out-to-get-them attitude displayed by a certain sector of their fans.

mmm sliced rye :drool: