Wow, she's SO much like her brother. :D
Great stuff!

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM
that was some great stuff from Dinara :D :) after a slow start

great win :D :)

KV
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:48 PM
She's a joy to watch! Yeah very similar to her broth!

malaye
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Wow, that's a great result for Dinara. Did you see the match ? How did Patty play ?

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Hhhhhoooopppp Hu-Bear! :D

ghosts
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:50 PM
:sad: :devil:

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:51 PM
:woohoo: Dinara has entered my top 10 of favourite tennis girls a while ago,
she's really close to the top 5 now, great win, the slow start didn't bother me at all :)

gotta love her spirit.. and her skills in raqcuet throwing ;)

ciao M

she looks like her hot brother, only she's just cute i guess

Joana
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Wow, that's a great result for Dinara. Did you see the match ? How did Patty play ?

Patty was OK, should have used her serve more IMO. But Dinara was on fire. Some of the shots were :eek:

Philip
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
wow didnt patty totally lose it after being broke in the second set!
interesting match, dinara seems really hot headed, like her brother, when she hits an error she really rips herself to pieces (and the poor racquet), but when she hits a winner shes full of emotion too. i like her.

but patty did tank from 0-2 to 0-5, but only because dinara was playing so well!

Sammm
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:59 PM
:bounce: :woohoo: :woohoo:

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:03 PM
And now a few words from Steam (the group, not the poster):

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye :lol:

KV
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye :lol:Funny

fleemkeģ
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Well I saw the match and wow :eek: Dinara! Patty didn't even play that bad!

Great match!

Lady
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Dinara :banana:

She played awesome!! :hearts:

I like when players throwing their racquet!! ;) Patty was cruel to her racquet too! :p

TennisHack
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Woohoo, congrats Dinara! :D I hope she's finally coming into her own. Maybe Marat's comeback has inspired her ;)

:banana:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:14 PM
congrats
dinara

vogus
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Safina had the advantage of being coached by Patty's former coach. He probly told Dinara that if she can just hang in there, play to Patty's backhand, and break her serve a couple of times Patty would lose it mentally, and that's what happened. As a player on tour you hate to have your former coaches out there working for your competitors. But losing to a talent like Safina, esp. in 3 sets, is not really a bad loss for Patty. Many others in the 2nd rnd, Patty would have beaten.

Anik
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Congrats Dinara !!!

http://www.dinarasafina.com/photo/france/france15_2004.jpg

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:29 PM
As a player on tour you hate to have your former coaches out there working for your competitors. And why is Hu-Bear no longer Handling Headcase?

tall_one
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:25 PM
:banana: Way to go Dinara! :banana:

Rothes
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Patty :( You must concentrate more!!!!

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Patty :( You must concentrate more!!!!
PP, you must become ever more loyal to Rainer. Those SMS calls to :tape: :eek:

AnDyDog621
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Safina had the advantage of being coached by Patty's former coach. He probly told Dinara that if she can just hang in there, play to Patty's backhand, and break her serve a couple of times Patty would lose it mentally, and that's what happened. As a player on tour you hate to have your former coaches out there working for your competitors. But losing to a talent like Safina, esp. in 3 sets, is not really a bad loss for Patty. Many others in the 2nd rnd, Patty would have beaten.
Dinara also beat Patty before 6-1 6-1, 2 years ago, so i think that was a bigger advantage since ur playing a player u have already beaten before

Kabibi
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:09 AM
I'm saddened for Patty, but I'm happy with how well Dinara is coming along. Both ladies are off to a great start this season and I hope it continues for them.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah, Dinara killed her in their only other match too.

Hopefully she takes out Franny now.

vogus
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:11 AM
JR this is like the 3rd or 4th time that i see you use this abbreviation "SMS", and i have no idea what you are talking about, and i doubt that anyone else does either. You sound like a mad scientist when you start speaking in code. Pretty soon you are going to turn into fricking Dennis Miller doing commentary for Monday Night Football.

Greenout
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:29 AM
I'm saddened for Patty, but I'm happy with how well Dinara is coming along. Both ladies are off to a great start this season and I hope it continues for them.

Same here. Love Patty to bits; but I also like Dinara. Can't say
I'm feeling to depressed about this result.

Patty get your act together in another tournament. :)

Rothes
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I don't have an idea either Vogus, I keep thinking something with cellphones but Im geussing it has something to do with the Stockholmska Syndrome?

Greenout
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye :lol:

Hey. Only Viggen is allowed to sing Bananarama songs. ;)

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 01:41 PM
SMS phones are a popular form of cheap wireless Instant Messaging in Europe, I understand. Had the object of her desire not thought of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction :eek: last year, she might never have married the Convicted Con artist. (BTW, similar hairstyles)! :lol:

(I don't know if she's "cheated" yet, but Rainer sure did, fathering a baby with his still-wife Verena _______ in '99 while already secretly the Peppermint Paramour, then denying paternity (& child support!) till her lawyer Jutta ______ nailed his ass with a court-ordered DNA test. :D

He's still fighting Verena re. paying alimony 3.5 years after the divorce with a rather devious tactic: fuck somebody ova So She answers press inquiries about it, then cite the resulting "damage to his reputation" (say WHAT?) as reason not to pay.

But his Suisse 5-year residency permit (requiring Verena to get a new lawyer in Zurich) is only a temporary delay. Plus, as the Big Babes take ova the game and PP slows a little @ 25+ they're gonna beat her like a drum. (So you Suissies should get behind Talented Timea, as Patty Passe'). ;)

vogus
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Patty is too clever a player to get run out of the game by the Big Babes. They haven't been able to do it to her yet, and why should it happen in the next couple of years at a time when most of the Big Babes are struggling? Faulty logic JR. Patty's game would really have to decline for that to happen, but actually she's shown improvement in the last 6-8 months.

Has anyone actually interviewed this woman that you call Verena (a very nice sounding name BTW). Because this might be a person who could shed some real light on the Hofmann situation. Was she actually married to Hofmann or just common-law or smth like that. If she had a decent lawyer and any kind of case at all, you'd think she'd be suing Hofmann (and maybe Patty as well) for a lot of money over the child neglect thing.

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Patty is too clever a player to get run out of the game by the Big Babes. They haven't been able to do it to her yet, and why should it happen in the next couple of years at a time when most of the Big Babes are struggling? Faulty logic JR. Patty's game would really have to decline for that to happen, but actually she's shown improvement in the last 6-8 months. Good points. However they can exploit PP's weakest area by just pounding her backhand, like Tammy and Jeca did last year for instance. (Didn't see the Safina Stomping, but I presume Hu-Bear Had Her do That, Too).

Look @ the vaunted AO run. As soon as Patty Played someone big enough to reach the kick serve on the pinball machine surface, who has some power, she was meat. (Even though Kim had 2 separate injuries).

Has anyone actually interviewed this woman that you call Verena (a very nice sounding name BTW). Because this might be a person who could shed some real light on the Hofmann situation. Was she actually married to Hofmann or just common-law or smth like that. If she had a decent lawyer and any kind of case at all, you'd think she'd be suing Hofmann (and maybe Patty as well) for a lot of money over the child neglect thing. Verena was indeed "Mrs. Rainer Hofmann" :eek: (I did say "divorce" above). ;) Re. interviews, she doesn't esp. want any. She Is Indeed Suing SOB. Re. her also filing a Peppermint Petition, I'm not sure If It Would Work, though I did suggest exactly That To The Proper Parties. :)

vogus
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Clisters is by anybody's standards one of the three best players in the world. Yeah, she handled Patty's serve effectively in that AO match, but very few other players are able to do that. Your argument that Patty had a weak draw at the AO doesn't hold water tennis-wise. If she consistently beats players like Raymond, Suarez, Dechy and Bartoli, Patty is going to be in the Top 20 neighborhood for quite a while. And court surface (rebound ace, clay, indoor carpet, you name it) isn't that big a factor in Patty's game - in the course of her career she has played great and terrible on all surfaces. Tammy, while she admittedly had a good strategy, needed to execute it perfectly, and IMO play a level above herself, to squeak past Patty 64 64 at the USO last year (i saw this match).

And on Hofmann's ex, i'm saying, IF she had a case, you'd expect that there would be a big publicized lawsuit going on, which isn't happening. Therefore i'm assuming she has no case.

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:33 PM
And on Hofmann's ex, i'm saying, IF she had a case, you'd expect that there would be a big publicized lawsuit going on, which isn't happening. Therefore i'm assuming she has no case.
There were two separate cases here. Re. child support, the pathological liar um..... lied, the court ordered a DNA test, it proved he was a er, "fucking" liar :devil: and he's been paying the stipulated amount since then.

Re. alimony, the case is "like watching Grass Grow" so there's just not a Steady Stream of news to engage the public. Ironically, Verena having publicly complained about the lack of child support during that nearly 2 year wait is cited by Rainer as defamation of his "character" :lol: re. why he (sorry, I meant Peppermint Puppet) shouldn't pay her alimony! :rolleyes: