PDA

View Full Version : Mouthwatering thought for Dubai.

liuxuan
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I was just thinking, although Jennifer seemed to get herself in a settled focused frame of mind last year, wouldnt it be funny if when she re-emerges in 2004 in Dubai, she was the growling, cursing, take no shit from no-one and let them know about it, scary monster on court that she was circa Aussie 02? lol

Just a thought, cos if Justine tried to cheat against her, id like to see what she's like!:p :bounce:

Anyway, im just praying we get to see the (gasp!:eek: ) potential Jen vs Venus.

No doubt if they face in the final, a huge asteroid will hit the middle east as theyre warming up! Just to piss us off!

malaye
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:26 PM
The last time they played, one of them cheated, and it wasn't Justine.

treufreund
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Jennifer :hearts: :devil:
Justine :hearts: :worship: :angel:

Greenout
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:10 PM
I was just thinking, although Jennifer seemed to get herself in a settled focused frame of mind last year, wouldnt it be funny if when she re-emerges in 2004 in Dubai, she was the growling, cursing, take no shit from no-one and let them know about it, scary monster on court that she was circa Aussie 02? lol

Just a thought, cos if Justine tried to cheat against her, id like to see what she's like!:p :bounce:

No doubt if they face in the final, a huge asteroid will hit the middle east as theyre warming up! Just to piss us off!

What? :haha: Let's see there was USO Sf. Justine won in
a heroic match. Fell to her knees and the stadium gave a great
applause for a fantastic match. Won over the All-Jen-All-night
crowd. The other match was the WTA Championships. A sicky
groggy Zhoo-steen beats a very pudgy Jenn in 2 easy sets.

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:28 PM

Hi, Xuan (BTW, all you west'ners, Chinese surnames come B4 the given name ;)) good 2C you're abandoning the Scottsdale Sewer aka Go Tennis like many others! :D (p.s. - he's really a Scot)! :p

malaye
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I forgot they played in LA last November. (there was not much to remember anyway!)

I was referring to their US Open semi-final match in my previous post. (The match where Jen tried to influence the linesmen at least half a dozen times, being wrong on all the calls !) So when someone talks about Justine trying to cheat against Jen, it makes me :rolleyes:

With the exception of the masters in November, they’ve always had exciting 3 setters, and I have enjoyed all of them (at least those I had a chance to see, like Berlin twice, Dubaï, US Open). So I do hope that they meet again, and give us another exciting match.

And J.Capriati.fan, if you have to badrep me because you can’t stand the truth, so be it. If it makes you feel better, I am all for it ! By the way, this is the first time I have been “badrep’d” , so I guess I should make a wish. Any suggestion ?

tennisluver99
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Yep Capriati was a total bitch and a cheater during the US Open SF.

Capriati ain't going to beat Justine or Venus, especially if she shows up out of shape.
Let's hope she lost some weight during her time off.

*abby*
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Yep Capriati was a total bitch and a cheater during the US Open SF.

Capriati ain't going to beat Justine or Venus, especially if she shows up out of shape.
Let's hope she lost some weight during her time off.

and ur an ass hat!!!
calling jenny a cheater in a match against justine (much as i like her!!!) is a bit like pot calling the kettle black!!!

tennisluver99
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:11 PM
and ur an ass hat!!!
calling jenny a cheater in a match against justine (much as i like her!!!) is a bit like pot calling the kettle black!!!

I know Justine is a cheater.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Jennifer would not come back if she wasn't ready and I think she is going to come back in great shape. She has been working on her game and is going to be better then ever just wait and see. I hope she gets to play Justine and Venus because she will beat both of them. The real tennis starts in Dubai everything has been so boring with out Jennifer to cheer for. I can't wait til the 23rd!!!! As far as Justine goes she is and will always will be a cheater so why shouldn't someone play her at her own game.

CapFan#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I forgot they played in LA last November. (there was not much to remember anyway!)

I was referring to their US Open semi-final match in my previous post. (The match where Jen tried to influence the linesmen at least half a dozen times, being wrong on all the calls !) So when someone talks about Justine trying to cheat against Jen, it makes me :rolleyes:

With the exception of the masters in November, they’ve always had exciting 3 setters, and I have enjoyed all of them (at least those I had a chance to see, like Berlin twice, Dubaï, US Open). So I do hope that they meet again, and give us another exciting match.

And J.Capriati.fan, if you have to badrep me because you can’t stand the truth, so be it. If it makes you feel better, I am all for it ! By the way, this is the first time I have been “badrep’d” , so I guess I should make a wish. Any suggestion ?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!!:fiery: :fiery: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you think a player questioning a close linescall is cheating then you are clearly delusional:fiery: :rolleyes: However, when you hold up your hand to stop a serve and then DENEY doing it, THAT"S CHEATIN' FOLKS-----

YOU=PATHETIC:lol:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:26 PM
GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!!:fiery: :fiery: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you think a player questioning a close linescall is cheating then you are clearly delusional:fiery: :rolleyes: However, when you hold up your hand to stop a serve and then DENEY doing it, THAT"S CHEATIN' FOLKS-----

YOU=PATHETIC:lol:

Well Said!!! Does everyone understand now that Justine really is a cheater it isn't just a one time deal!!!

*abby*
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:30 PM
disputing a line call does not make jenny a cheat....:fiery:
and while we're on the subject of line calls....what about the dubious one that helped justine with the AO...shove it u jackass!!!

CapFan#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:35 PM
disputing a line call does not make jenny a cheat....:fiery:
and while we're on the subject of line calls....what about the dubious one that helped justine with the AO...shove it u jackass!!!
:worship: :worship: WELL SAID!!! I guess that annoying poster has selective memory syndrome and forgot about the AO scandal!!

AjdeNate!
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Every player in the WTA cheats, right? I mean that's what makes it fun.
;)

S-T-E-V-E
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I'm ok with it giving you some bad rep. points because I think it's ok. You really can't tell me that Jen questioned some line callls is cheating...and as people above said, Justine cheats that much that we already forget where she cheats...no-one mentioned the Aussi Open Final...*I'm very sure now to get bad rep. for this, but I really don't care*

*abby*
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:44 PM
steve honey...i mentioned it :p

tennisIlove09
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:44 PM
what's up with all the Jennifer bashing lately?

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:17 PM
:mad::fiery: :mad: I don't understand it either. She hasn't even stepped foot on a court yet and its already started. People must be nervous already!!! Just wait because once she starts playing people are really going to be going mad crazy over how good she is doing. Can't wait til Dubai it is going to be great to see Jennifer again :) .

flyingmachine
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Every player in the WTA cheats, right? I mean that's what makes it fun.
;)
you are right afterall they are all human. In fact every sportwomen/men try to cheat if they have the opportunity. (or a long as they in the lines of the organisation.)

bigshow21
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Jennifer Capriati is the greatest tennis player ever!!!!

Good Luck Jen!

Robbie.
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Jennifer Capriati is the greatest tennis player ever!!!!

Good Luck Jen!
AMEN :worship:

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Hi, Xuan (BTW, all you west'ners, Chinese surnames come B4 the given name ;))

Huh? Read a "western" phone book, JollyRoger ....

I recall that the Chinese are often referred to by their first names. Mr. Mao. Mr. Deng. The current Mr. Hu.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Well Said!!! Does everyone understand now that Justine really is a cheater it isn't just a one time deal!!!

I haven't seen a second time.

Not that I thought she was a cheater for the hand incident anyway.

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Huh? Read a "western" phone book, JollyRoger ....

I recall that the Chinese are often referred to by their first names. Mr. Mao. Mr. Deng. The current Mr. Hu.
:confused:

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:59 AM
:confused:

In phone books, surnames come first. In other words, this isn't a big Chinese practice (if it is one at all).

Besides, I think he's wrong about the "chinese people go by their surnames" thing.

That was my point.

And btw, did I ever give bad rep to people in this thread. What a haven of retardation it has been.

malaye
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:26 AM

YOU=PATHETIC:lol:Why so much anger ?

No, I don’t think questioning linescall is cheating. If and when a player thinks a ball is out, he/she should speak up ! That’s what Justine did once at the A.O. That’s what Jen. did a number of times at the US Open, and you never heard me call her a ‘cheater’ then. You perceived my previous post as an insult to Jen, and I am sorry as that was definitely not my intention ! You probably won’t believe me, but I have a lot of respect forJenny. I like her fighting spirit, and the tour could do with more “warriors” like her. What I was trying to say (in a simple but obviously clumsy way) in my first post was that when Justine questions a linecall, she is “cheating”. When any other player does the same, it’s called ‘part of the game’. Go figure ! And thank you for confirming (unwittingly I'm sure) that those who condemned Justine for questioning that line call during the A.O final are delusional ;)

J.Capriati.Fan] [/font]I'm ok with it giving you some bad rep. points because I think it's ok. You really can't tell me that Jen questioned some line calls is cheating...and as people above said, Justine cheats that much that we already forget where she cheats...no-one mentioned the Aussie Open Final...

This is a perfect illustration of my point above. The questioning of linecall by Justine is 'cheating', whereas the same from any other player is just... normal/part of the game...

J.Capriati.Fan] [/font]*I'm very sure now to get bad rep. for this, but I really don't care...

:confused: You mean I'm supposed to bad. rep you just because we disagree ?
Not to worry. Your rep. points are safe with me. I have never used that bad rep button before, and I am not about to start now

CapFan#1
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=malaye]Why so much anger ?

No, I don’t think questioning linescall is cheating. If and when a player thinks a ball is out, he/she should speak up ! That’s what Justine did once at the A.O. That’s what Jen. did a number of times at the US Open, and you never heard me call her a ‘cheater’ then. You perceived my previous post as an insult to Jen, and I am sorry as that was definitely not my intention ! You probably won’t believe me, but I have a lot of respect forJenny. I like her fighting spirit, and the tour could do with more “warriors” like her. What I was trying to say (in a simple but obviously clumsy way) in my first post was that when Justine questions a linecall, she is “cheating”. When any other player does the same, it’s called ‘part of the game’. Go figure ! And thank you for confirming (unwittingly I'm sure) that those who condemned Justine for questioning that line call during the A.O final are delusional ;)

I appreciate the sentiments. :wavey::) The first post you made:

"The last time they played, one of them cheated, and it wasn't Justine."

does read as a bit of a slam on Jen for cheating, but I accept that was not your intention.

Oh, and it was not unwittingly that I confirmed your stance on the AO scandal. ;) That was the one time I didnt thing Juju cheated (though I think Kim got ripped off)

I do think she has cheated on other occassions, esp. the "hand incident"

malaye
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:32 PM
OK then. I rest my case ;)

Now, why did my post come out in bold :confused: That was not my intention either !

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I haven't seen a second time.

Not that I thought she was a cheater for the hand incident anyway.

A second time well what about the 3rd or 4th. :rolleyes: Do you watch Justine tennis matches :confused: . What about all of her injury time outs. She has them all of the time when she was down not when she is up. That is what I call cheating. Trying to take someones momentum away that way instead of just playing is cheating in my book :eek: . God Justine is so annoying :fiery: !!!! Why can't she just play a fair match all the way through and no not against the 15yr olds?

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:48 PM
A second time well what about the 3rd or 4th. :rolleyes: Do you watch Justine tennis matches :confused: . What about all of her injury time outs. She has them all of the time when she was down not when she is up. That is what I call cheating. Trying to take someones momentum away that way instead of just playing is cheating in my book :eek: . God Justine is so annoying :fiery: !!!! Why can't she just play a fair match all the way through and no not against the 15yr olds?

Like Capriati has never taken a dodgy injury break.

And I don't believe taking an injury time out is against the rules. therefore, it's not cheating.

Every player has used gamesmanship. Let's quit pretending JHH is the only one.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Yeah I can understand if someone has to do it once or twice but come on you have to know she is doing it on purpose. How she is hurting one minute and then next she is running all over. I guess the trainers are good, but they can't work miracles. Jennifer took a time out last year when she was hurt. She had signs all through the match and she has been out because of the same injury. With Justine its fine the minute the time out is over. I just get tired of it I am sorry, but it is very annoying.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Yeah I can understand if someone has to do it once or twice but come on you have to know she is doing it on purpose. How she is hurting one minute and then next she is running all over. I guess the trainers are good, but they can't work miracles. Jennifer took a time out last year when she was hurt. She had signs all through the match and she has been out because of the same injury. With Justine its fine the minute the time out is over. I just get tired of it I am sorry, but it is very annoying.

This is merely your perception of events, my friend. And Jennifer's as well, judging by recent quotes. ;)

Is it possible that Justine is tough? Is it possible that she takes injury timeouts to correct smaller problems (blisters, cramps, muscle pulls) that wouldn't necessarily cripple you on court?

The bottomline is, even if she is strategically timing injury breaks to throw off her opponents (which sounds ridiculous, don't you think?), don't you have to admire her craftiness? And if players are so easily rattled by a 3 minute break ...