PDA

View Full Version : Martina quotes!

Martian Mel
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:18 PM
These are great!:p

"What rivalry? I win every time”
A pretty young Martina, asked about the competition between her and other young tennis girls

'When I throw my raquet it helps me concentrate. It's just the way I am. It's better than to keep it inside.'

"I've never had big problems about being long on the court. During the U.S. Open I played three events (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) and some people asked me if I want to stay overnight on the court."

After playing the pregnant Tami Jones at the 1997 U.S Open: " I'm going to face two opponents in one time "

" Sometimes when you face Steffi, especially like two years ago, I didn't even want to go to Wimbledon because I saw the draw, first round Steffi. That wasn't very lucky for me. I was like 19 in the world and I had to play her first round, especially you know that on Thursday already. It's like, "Why do I have to practice? I don't even want to go there.

During a coin toss once, Hingis tweaked Davenport by saying, " Do you want me to serve or break you? '':o

" I'm not a machine " After loosing only her 3rd match of 1997

"I'm here, I'm ready, and I'm back." ;)

At an on-court interview with Pam Shriver at '98 Indian Wells, with Cliff Drysdale up in the booth:
Shriver: "Okay, Martina, send it back up to Cliffy."
Martina: (Confused look) "What am I supposed to send to him?"
Shriver: "Just say Back to you, Cliffy."
Martina: "Oh." (Supersmile as she understands) "Back to you, Cliffy." (Another supersmile)
Cliff Drysdale: "Oh, my. (Pause) "Hold me back."

These are great!:eek: They're from hingis.org!

shirley
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:52 PM
I am laughing at most of 'em except the Lindsay one!

http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/cwm/3dlil/laff.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/ruinkai/yelcutelaughA.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/laughing/1grlaugh2.gif http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/otn/realhappy/op485.gif

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:55 PM
shirley

You gotta admit the Lindsay one was funny;)

I like the pregnant one, too.

A4
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Wonder if she's biting her tongue now, especially about winning all the time.

Ryan
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Those were hilarious! And if you havent noticed A4, shes only lost 1 match this year.

Kart
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:37 PM
LOL @ the 'Why do I have to practice, I don't even want to go there' :):)

She put up a pretty good fight I seem to remember (and she had beaten Steffi the last time they played) - although Steffi ran away with it towards the end in emphatic style.

A4
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Mister. How many matches has she lost since she made that comment? A little humility can be learnt by biting tongues. Its been proven.

Maajken
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Ohhh they're great, i liked the Lindsay one too :D

veryborednow
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:00 PM
'When I throw my raquet it helps me concentrate. It's just the way I am. It's better than to keep it inside

OH!! That's what that was!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

CB
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:03 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

heheheheehehe!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:08 PM
LMAO!!!!!!! That's our Marti!

And to you with NO humour at all, please leave this thread alone.

joao
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:32 PM
This Hingis can be funny when she wants after all!

I found the Davenport's one mean but pretty hilarious actually!:)

A4
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:05 AM
:kiss: my ass !

A4
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Some humour! More like running her mouth sh*tless.

Eza
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:08 AM
LOL! Those quotes are Very funny!!!!!

joaco
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:02 AM
hehe! LOL This is such a funny thread!! :D :bounce: :bounce:

JCFan
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:19 AM
LOL, all those quotes are priceless! You've got to love her honesty.

marshmellow
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:02 AM
ooh...i like that comment with the toss....

destructo_girl
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Martina's a sweetie.

Jordan.
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:33 AM
OMG!How cute!!!!!:kiss:

go hingis
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Martina is Just Simply the Best,

lol@the Lyndsey comment.:D

SM
Feb 18th, 2002, 06:10 AM
On her displeasure over an early French Open starting time: "I'm not a very good morning person. I'm No. 1 in the world, so I should have the right to say what time I want to play on the Centre Court." :eek:

"I am playing good tennis, so it's normal I beat the other players."
Nice slogan for 1997 :D:D:D:D!

On frequent comparisons to Tiger Woods: "It's all the time, 'Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods.' I am better than he is. I've been on top longer and I am younger. I'm just better." TOO TRUE!!! :)

On beating Monica Seles for the fifth straight time: "I don't know actually how I won this match. Maybe because I always beat her." OMG :(

To Lindsay Davenport at the start of their Manhattan Beach, California, match in 1997: "Do you want to get broken first game?" lmao

"I'm glad you're doing this story on us and not on the WNBA. We're so much prettier than all the other women in sports."
hmmmmm......she mustve thought long and hard on this 1 :) , but its all true...

moby
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:41 PM
lol :D

i wonder what lindsay was thinking :o

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:10 PM
lol at the Lindsay one... oh, I so have to use that on someone.

TeeRexx
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:24 PM
LMAO@ the Hingisova quotes.
I should have come in this thread earlier.
Martina can be so irritatingly funny at times. ;)

Martian Mel
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Here are some more quotes!

"to live I need oxygenate, not the French open"

Asked about her cooking skills on the long gone Athletes Direct site she said:' I know how to boil an egg'

"If only we had the Heineken Beer in the cooler, maybe it helped me to make the final point..."

"It`s hard to find a horse " Martina commenting on the down side of indoor tournaments

From a tournament in Berlin a few years back it was at the hight of the Monica Lewinski affair in the US and martina had been removed from her hotel suite by President Clinton(who as US Presedents do had rented the whole top floor of the hotel)Martina said the following day "Maybe he needs the rooms for all of his women

"Playing one of the Williamses is like playing the three of them at the same time."

Martian KC
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:52 PM
I guess you have experience in that field, a4!:rolleyes:

moby
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:06 PM
great

i suddenly have about 20 more reasons to like marti :D

Chris
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:10 PM
LMAO@MARTINA!:D

Tammy
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:36 PM
During a coin toss once, Hingis tweaked Davenport by saying, " Do you want me to serve or break you? '' :o:o .. poor linds! i wonder what was going through her mind .. that line cracks me up everytime i hear it lmao :)

Joseosu19
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:37 PM
haha she's hilarious:bounce:

Martian Mel
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Well that Lindsayquote is the best thing i've ever heard.But what i wanted to know is did Martina really broke her than or did Marti served first!:rolleyes:
I wish that i'd could seen Lindsay face when Marti said it!;)

RockSteady
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:28 PM
That Lindsay quote is great! I'm sure it was all in good humor - they've hung out off-court before.

Zamboni
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Martina is probably the best player to quote! She has these great, funny oneliners :)

The Lindsay-one was the best, but I also wanna know what happened! It's probably the same tournament than what SM said (Manhattan Beach 1997), does anyone remember??

tfannis
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:50 PM
OMG, i read those quotes about five minutes ago and I just keep on laughing, really, these are sooooo hilarious.

"It's hard to find a horse..." Jeeze:D

And the Heiniken one...

All of them...(still laughing)

RockSteady
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:02 PM
I changed my sig...that quote was just too good!

Martian Mel
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Rocksteady your signature is great!;)

RockSteady
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:23 PM
I can't wait for tennis season (high school), I'm going to say that to my opponents, just to see their reaction.

destructo_girl
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:00 AM
I think a lot of them are in good humour.

And I LOVE that Cliff one. Sounds cute.

Martina is the sweetest thing in the world.

She's so clever and witty and articulate.

And duh. She IS the best!

A4
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Okay d-g. If you say so. At least, you didn't ask me to leave!

Adrian
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Asked about her cooking skills on the long gone Athletes Direct site she said:' I know how to boil an egg'

So, that is how our beloved "Theboiledegg" came into exsistence ;)

go hingis
Feb 19th, 2002, 09:03 AM
MORE, MORE, MORE PLEASE!!!!!!! LUV THEM!

peanuts
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:14 PM
i'm so glad i went into this thread :bounce:...martina can be so funny and arrogant at the same time :D...i especially like the one on lindsay, i wish i could have seen her face when martina said that...:eek:...rocksteady its a good thing u used it for ur signature...;) i wonder if martina was able to break her...hehe, considering it doesn't happen a lot...;)

i hope we have more of this stuff not only on martina but with other players too :bounce: :)

Dawn Marie
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:04 AM
I also like Infiniti's topic in reference to one of Hingis's old quotes it also is quite funny.

Come on folks if you like Hingisova's ways and funny quotes then don't get upset at Infiniti. She is only being a bit humorous and cocky just like Martina Hingisova. I thought you guys liked this stuff.

p.s. I think Inifinti is Martina Hingisova in disguise.. come on Infiniti2001 let that cat out of the bag girl!!:)

:kiss: :kiss: