PDA

View Full Version : Most surprising ROMANCE on tennis tour ??

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I think i would have to say Roberto Alamar and Mary Pierce..although they did make a cute couple :)

GoDominique
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Damn, you are WORSE than selesadmirer. :eek:

WrB
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Pammy and grampy?

PointBlank
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Jenny and Xavier

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Pammy and grampy? :lol: :lol:

MisterQ
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:39 AM
I was very surprised about Agassi/Graf. Didn't see that one coming!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Yeah..good point! We all have just gottin so used to seeing them together that people forget how much of a surprise it was.
Glad to see them both :D though.

JLDementieva
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Wait, what did happen between Alomar and Pierce??

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:50 AM
I have no idea... i did see an interview with pierce a year or so ago and she was just saying that she was single at the moment...the same thing happened with Coetzer and Brady Anderson... i never heard any news about there break up or even if they are still going together..they also made a cute coupl ;)

AUSBOY
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Mary actually walked in on Alomar and her best friend screwing! Thats the truth!

Mary told the press that they split on amicable terms because they found the long distance and time apart to hard to make the relationship work, but the real reason was that Alomar cheated on her.

bw2082
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Mary actually walked in on Alomar and her best friend screwing! Thats the truth!

Mary told the press that they split on amicable terms because they found the long distance and time apart to hard to make the relationship work, but the real reason was that Alomar cheated on her.

ooo.. how embarrassing :eek:

skanky~skanketta
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:20 AM
please dont remind me!that bitch stole my man! :fiery: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fiery:

faboozadoo15
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:23 AM

:eek: that's terrible! and how did u come accross this?

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Hingis - Norman, usually Hingis goes for the Latino Type...

irma
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Steffi&Andre sure caused the biggest stir
in 99 many were worried that Steffi lost her mind and trew herself in the misery (read googles of 99)
well that was also because Steffi said "I am like a bird and ready to fell out of the nest";)

It's funny that on googles nobody thought andre was the one with the misery;) j/k

Lucky they both knew what they were doing so no problems;)

esquímaux
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:11 AM
please dont remind me!that bitch stole my man! :fiery: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fiery:
Oooh VCR I've never seen this side of you before :eek: :devil:

Greenout
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:44 AM

Same here. Really, wasn't it quite shocking when we first learned
about it? My first thoughts were..."no way..Steffi isn't that shallow!".

:haha:

skanky~skanketta
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Same here. Really, wasn't it quite shocking when we first learned
about it? My first thoughts were..."no way..Steffi isn't that shallow!".

:haha:
funny. i was thinking the same thing. just in the opposite way of course.

GoSandrine
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Andre and Steffi by far! :o

Poor Mary, how awful! :speakles:

Robby = LOSER http://smileys.******************/cat/27/27_2_12.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001) He stunk with the Mets and brought them to the edge of despair. http://smileys.******************/cat/16/16_3_159.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001) Good riddance! At least Mary kicked him to the curb.http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_103.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

And Hingis is dating Greg Norman the golfer? :o ;)

Purple_Llama
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:19 PM
They have an article on tennis romances in the new edition of Australian Tennis magazine that I was reading today.
They mention Agassi & Steffi (whom I still find odd together! But cute) Taylor Dent & Jenny Hopkins (who rejected his 1st advances) & they mention that Capriati & Xavier's relationship ended in fireworks lol
Justin Gimelstob & Corina Mourieu are also a suspected new couple,& remember when he was with Hingis too? That girl sure dated a few of the boys ; )

Fantastic
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:31 PM
What would Corina Morariu see in Justin Gimelstob? What would Martina Hingis see in him for that matter?

esquímaux
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Maybe they "see" something of Justin that we'll never see :hehehe:

schris
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Andre & Steffi :D

Scobby- Doo
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:52 PM
For me it is Lleyton/Kim it's like Beauty and the Beast

Pamela Shriver
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Pammy and grampy?
*achem* Not surprising really when you think I'm such a glamour puss, no one can resist me.

Hoytie
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I thought C. Morariu was married.

miranda_lou
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:41 PM
I think I was just about the only person NOT to think Andre and Steffi pairing up was strange.:rolleyes: In fact, when I first heard about it, I thought they were a perfect pair.:kiss: :hearts: AND I WAS RIGHT!!!! I remember arguments on message boards where people were predicting when the affair would end because, of course, they were so "opposite" and me saying that they were really very much alike. AND I WAS RIGHT!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: So, there!!

Seriously, both Andre and Steffi are good, kind, caring people who love children and care about family and friends. No way they wouldn't be perfect for each other.:hearts:

Re: Justin Gimbelstob . . . he's a very smart, intelligent person. While at UCLA he had a 4.0 grade point average. Corinna's father and brother are both doctors. Maybe she likes smart men. Also, Justin is very funny, from what I've seen in interviews. They are probably good together. And Corinna needs someone to care about her after what that husband did when she was sick.:fiery:

Re: Mary P. . . . I also heard rumors that what's-his-name cheated on her. Heard the same about Brady cheating on Amanda. You can't trust these ball players.:fiery:

Brαm
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
For me it is Lleyton/Kim it's like Beauty and the Beast
Hey! He looks OK off court ;)

irma
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I think I was just about the only person NOT to think Andre and Steffi pairing up was strange.:rolleyes: In fact, when I first heard about it, I thought they were a perfect pair.:kiss: :hearts: AND I WAS RIGHT!!!! I remember arguments on message boards where people were predicting when the affair would end because, of course, they were so "opposite" and me saying that they were really very much alike. AND I WAS RIGHT!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: So, there!!

Seriously, both Andre and Steffi are good, kind, caring people who love children and care about family and friends. No way they wouldn't be perfect for each other.:hearts:

Re: Justin Gimbelstob . . . he's a very smart, intelligent person. While at UCLA he had a 4.0 grade point average. Corinna's father and brother are both doctors. Maybe she likes smart men. Also, Justin is very funny, from what I've seen in interviews. They are probably good together. And Corinna needs someone to care about her after what that husband did when she was sick.:fiery:

Re: Mary P. . . . I also heard rumors that what's-his-name cheated on her. Heard the same about Brady cheating on Amanda. You can't trust these ball players.:fiery:
I found it only surprising that steffi was so open right away. I mean she followed him everywhere and never made a real secret out of it (well outside in munich but that was the only time). I guess that meant she was really sure about him from the start.

What did Morariu's husband do to her when she was sick?
cheating? :o

Joana
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I wasn't too surprised about Steffi and Andre, they both changed throughout the years. But back in 1992 it would have been :eek: :lol: :bolt:

irma
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Nah Andre was seen as the popstar of tennis. Steffi liked popstars in the early nineties (from a music view) so Andre had fit in right away;)

paul_masterton
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:38 PM
selima sfar and jo ward ;)

paul_masterton
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:39 PM
and julie pullin and martin lee were an item a while back i think, but julie is with a guy lawrence now. they may even be engaged but i dont know

tommystar
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:57 PM
What about Agassi & Streisand?

miranda_lou
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM
What about Agassi & Streisand?
That was a British tabloid rumor.:lol: It never happen. Streisand was an old, rich groupie and Andre was too nice to kick her to the curb or say anything negative to the press.:tape:

Irma, Corinna's husband cheated on her when she was sick plus he ended up dumping her because he couldn't take the "pressure" of her illness.:mad: (That's what he said.) I think he wasn't making any money off her as her coach/manager so he's off finding some other poor girl to bilk out of money.

irma
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:23 PM
What a jerk. I guess she should be glad that she got rid of him :o

Andre and Barbara Streisand sounded more like a good joke. I think Andre was still with Wendy Stewart(?) that time anyway.

miranda_lou
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Andre and Barbara Streisand sounded more like a good joke. I think Andre was still with Wendy Stewart(?) that time anyway.
Wendy said in a book that the whole time she was reading in the tabloids about Andre and Streisand being an item, she (Wendy) and Andre were together, living in his house and traveling together. In fact, there's a picture of Andre, Wendy and Barbra together. In the Brit tabloids Wendy was cut out but in the American tabloids she was in it.:lol: Just goes to show how hard up the Brits are for a good story.:tape:

What a jerk. I guess she should be glad that she got rid of him
Have to agree with that.:fiery: A man can't get any lower than to cheat on a wife who is sick. His actions say he didn't love her in the first place.:(

esquímaux
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:16 PM
selima sfar and jo ward ;)

you're kidding right :tape:

Sofiane
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM
John Michael gambill and Andy Rodick?

esquímaux
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
John Michael gambill and Andy Rodick?

it's Jan-Michael :rolleyes:

AntiKCKid
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Lleyton Hewitt and that Kim "beasty" Clijsters he's with.

When I first saw them I wondered why he would be with a girl who looks like she does so I guessed she must have a really nice personality but that got proved wrong when I met her in Wimbledon last year and she was the most arrogant player I've ever met. She was so full of her own importance which is the main reason I dislike her. I'm sure if more people had actually met her they'd feel the same.

Dirty Sanchez
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Lleyton & Kim are a great couple! How exactly is Kim beasty? I personally think she's good looking and I'd love to know who your favourite player is. Don't come on here and bash Kim because we don't want to hear it!