PDA

View Full Version : Bausch and Lomb early committments! Updated 2-18-04

PatM04
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:56 PM
They finally updated the site but they only are going to announce a few players at a time as they have always done in the past. The first three on the list are Justine, Serena, and Elena D:bounce: . I ordered my tickets yesterday and I am so excited to see these names on the list! I really hope Lindsay enters so she can defend her final points from last year. I doubt there will be a lot of top ten players though. Even though Amelia Island has always been a popular draw for players, the timing for the tournaments is bad. Last year the Nasdaq ended, then there was the week with Sarasota, then the week in South Carolina, and then Amelia Island. This year however as soon as the nasdaq ends Amelia Island begins. If Serena wins in Miami or gets to the final it would not surprise me if she were to pull out. I think it is the same situation for Justine too. I also would love to see Kim play one of the 2 major American clay court tournaments but she usually doesn't. Hopefully Jennifer will enter as well to defend her semifinalist points. Anyways, just thought I would let you guys know incase you hadn't seem the website!

Today...2-18-04 the tournament announced today that Lindsay Davenport has committed to the field! With Justine, Serena, and Elena entered as well it is shaping up to be a pretty nice commitment list. Hopefully one or two more of the top ten will enter so we can have more than half of the top ten players in the world at the tournament.

Greenout
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:02 AM
They finally updated the site but they only are going to announce a few players at a time as they have always done in the past. The first three on the list are Justine, Serena, and Elena D:bounce: . I ordered my tickets yesterday and I am so excited to see these names on the list! I really hope Lindsay enters so she can defend her final points from last year. I doubt there will be a lot of top ten players though. Even though Amelia Island has always been a popular draw for players, the timing for the tournaments is bad. Last year the Nasdaq ended, then there was the week with Sarasota, then the week in South Carolina, and then Amelia Island. This year however as soon as the nasdaq ends Amelia Island begins. If Serena wins in Miami or gets to the final it would not surprise me if she were to pull out. I think it is the same situation for Justine too. I also would love to see Kim play one of the 2 major American clay court tournaments but she usually doesn't. Hopefully Jennifer will enter as well to defend her semifinalist points. Anyways, just thought I would let you guys know incase you hadn't seem the website!

I heard rumours that Justine is not doing Miami, so she can focus on
the Clay season seriously. She's supposed to be doing Amelia Island
and Family Circle then onto the German Open and the Italian Open.

Correct me If I'm wrong anybody?

alexusjonesfan
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I heard rumours that Justine is not doing Miami, so she can focus on
the Clay season seriously. She's supposed to be doing Amelia Island
and Family Circle then onto the German Open and the Italian Open.

Correct me If I'm wrong anybody?

I've heard that too, that she's doing Indian Wells this year instead of Miami so she can have more time to rest up for the clay season. I don't know about playing in Berlin and Rome though, are they still on consecutive weeks this year? I don't think Justine'd like to potentiall play 4 weeks straight (if you include RG).

Greenout
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Wait your correct. She does either one or the other not both the
German Open and Italian Open. She won the German Open, so we should
assume that she's going back for that winning vibe again prior to the
big RG.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:11 AM
i hope Lindsay plays

~|Naomi|~
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:35 AM
would love to see Kim play one of the 2 major American clay court tournaments but she usually doesn't

She isn't she is taking a break then and will start her clay season in Berlin, or Fed Cup if that is on clay.

I don't think Justine'd like to potentiall play 4 weeks straight (if you include RG).

But how would she? Fed Cup and Warsaw are in between the American clay events and Berlin so that isn't 4 weeks straight and then there is a week between Rome and RG where she isn't playing.

Greenout
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:40 AM
The Carlos quoted articles say that the plan is not to play more than
2 touranments in a row and use breaks between for training or something
like that.

7~LV3
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:43 AM
If Serenas playing here, so I guess that she wouldnt be playing in Charleston??
cuz Charles is on ms Venuss schedule...

I dont think Serena will win in Miami. So i guess that she would have enought time to practice then... around 3 days is enought rite.

I also saw somewhere that Miami aint in Jujus sched.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:45 AM
i hope Lindsay plays I hope Lindsay has a good clay season run this year..she could rack up mega points. :)

Meesh
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I received a post card in the mail for the tournament last week. It was has a picture of a female's arm , breast , tennis ball and racquet. If I can find it I'll post it. I figured they either didn't get any big names or they are being cautious of injuries etc..

alexusjonesfan
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM
But how would she? Fed Cup and Warsaw are in between the American clay events and Berlin so that isn't 4 weeks straight and then there is a week between Rome and RG where she isn't playing.

Oh sorry, I hadn't realized that Rome ended a full week before the start of RG ;)