PDA

View Full Version : Cap in Dubai

blue249
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:23 PM
http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com/news9.htm

Capriati Signs Up To Ddf Women's Open- American star returns after semi-final showing last year

Dubai, UAE, February 11, 2004: Jennifer Capriati last night became the seventh top 10 player to sign up for the Dubai Duty Free Women's Open from February 23-28.

The 27 year-old who spent a majority of the 1990's battling with personal problems after exploding into the tennis world as a child prodigy, has re-established herself as one of the game best players and returns to Dubai after reaching the semi-finals last year.

"It's a pleasure to be able to announce that Jennifer Capriati has decided to join our world-class field as a wild card," said Colm McLoughlin, Managing Director of Dubai Duty Free. "She is one of the biggest names in the game and her confirmation takes the number of top 20 players travelling here to 13."

Capriati's fall from grace after setting the tennis world alight as a record-breaking teenager, followed by her subsequent return to the game and climb to world No 1 and three Grand Slam titles is the stuff dreams are made of.

She wasn't sure what to expect when she arrived in Dubai last year, perhaps expecting a way of life very different to what she had become used to. What she found was a tantalising mix of the familiar and the exotic and it has tempted her back to the emirate for a second time.

"I felt like I was in an Aladdin movie," she said: "I've never taken photos before, but I was getting pictures of the hotel (Burj Al Arab), me belly-dancing at the party, sitting on a camel. I liked it there.

"I think it's a very modern city and very cosmopolitan. The hotel was amazing, and I was just in awe every time I walked in the place."

Capriati is approaching full fitness after an injury lay-off but still sits firmly in the world's top 10 and will be relishing the chance to face the likes of fellow American Venus Williams or world No 1 Justine Henin-Hardenne in Dubai.

The Dubai Duty Free Women's Open forms the first week of the Dubai Tennis Championships fortnight, which also features 10 of the world's top 20 men for the ATP Dubai Duty Free Men's Open.

Roger Federer, Tim Henman and Mark Philippoussis are among the big names confirmed for the ATP Tour event, completing two world-class fields to rival any other tournament on the Tours.

Tickets are on sale, with almost fifty percent priced at Dhs30, and are available from the Dubai Tennis Stadium, selected Fono outlets, the adidas store in Deira City Centre and the Time Out Ticketline on 800 4669 or www.itptickets.com. Finals tickets are priced just Dhs100.

Mase
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear she's going to be back that soon! Can't wait!!!!!!

moo_ont
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Good good. I miss seeing her play. :)

daustin
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:19 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

GREAT----she brings excitement to womens tennis!!

Robbie.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Yes, Jenny is back :bounce:

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Welcome back Cappy!!!

Potential Jen/Justine rematch and also a Venus/Jenn match. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this out loud. JINX!! :devil:

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Good good. I miss seeing her play. :)

I like your sig, it really does provide an illusion.

Robbie.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Welcome back Cappy!!!

Potential Jen/Justine rematch and also a Venus/Jenn match. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this out loud. JINX!! :devil:
Oh no you jinxed it :sad:

jenny161185
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:40 PM
GREAT I cant wait to see her back in action - what date does Dubai start on?will Venus be healthy?I sure hope so! hope Jens back is ok and hopefully shes ben working ard on her game over te lay off :)

Robbie.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:54 PM
GREAT I cant wait to see her back in action - what date does Dubai start on?will Venus be healthy?I sure hope so! hope Jens back is ok and hopefully shes ben working ard on her game over te lay off :)
It starts the 23rd!

I can't wait to see Jenn back :hearts:

brunof
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:05 PM
GO JENN! :worship: :bounce:

Diya
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:52 PM
:woohoo:

I just hope they don't make her pose in those weird outfits with lustful sheikhs giving her nasty looks :o

LindsayRocks89
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:24 AM
can't wait to see you back playing jenn :worship:

kerbear
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Yea! This is the news I've been waiting for! I'm so excited!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yay for Jennifer Capriati!

JennyS
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:10 AM
This is great news! Thanks for posting it.

This makes a lot of sense for Jen. She was on the original press release but then wasn't on the initial commitment list. Maybe Jen didn't want to officially commit until she was feeling better.

And if she can play the tourney that will be great to get a tournament in before Indian Wells.

Thanks for posting this info.

Jericho
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:32 AM
:woohoo:

I just hope they don't make her pose in those weird outfits with lustful sheikhs giving her nasty looks :o
dont worry, i think her US Open outfit was a one time deal :o

7~LV3
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I know ms Venus and Justine would be on opposite sides,
mmm guess where theyd put Jenny? hope on ms Venuss side so that she could get enought preparation to beat Justine again.

sbmh
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the great news !:bounce:

Wellcome back , Jenn ! :wavey:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:45 AM
:rolleyes:

When will that report post function be enabled?

i know, alot of these new people have nothing nice to say

stephanwiberg
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:10 AM
i know, alot of these new people have nothing nice to say

Thats not true i love Kim, Elke, Martina Muller, Callens, Flipkens, Maes,
all Dutch players, Hantuchova, Mauresmo :angel: :angel:

And don't hate Lindsay,

stephanwiberg
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:41 AM
forgot mary Pierce, just love Mary!!!!
Best body in tennis!

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Question why the heck was my post and my friends post deleted. I don't understand. If it was becasue we were sticking up for something then that is wrong. I don't understand people have said worse things then this and I am so mad right now. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: Please answer me because it doesn't seem fair.

Jennifer is Back and is going to show you all and make you all feel stupid!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

bigshow21
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Good Luck Jen!!! Go all the way!!!! :) :cool: :)

yukon145
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Finally, shes coming back, yes! Let's go Jenn, stay healthy and go kick some ass!!

Andy_
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:12 AM
This is good news! :bounce:
Can't wait to see her on court again... :hearts: @ Jen!!!

S-T-E-V-E
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Jenny! Jenny! Jenny! :kiss: :kiss:

hollywood7172
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM
:bounce: WELCOME BACK JEN!!:bounce:
:hearts: :hearts: WE LOVE YA!:hearts: :hearts:

:angel: :devil: KICK SOME ASS!!:devil: :angel:
:lol: AND MAKE THE HATERS SQUIRM EVEN MORE!!!:lol:

CapFan#1
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:35 PM
FUCK YES!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

WE LOVE YOU JEN!!!!

Paneru
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I know ms Venus and Justine would be on opposite sides,
mmm guess where theyd put Jenny? hope on ms Venuss side so that she could get enought preparation to beat Justine again.

Nope! :cool:

Given Vee and Jen's track record in trying to get to each other,
they'll either be on opposite sides, or on the same with one either withdrawing or losing before they get the chance to meet.

We need to face it,
it's just not going to happen! ;)

*abby*
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:11 PM
great to know when she will be back
i cant wait to see u jenny!!!
shes gonna be better than ever so all you haters watch out!!!!!

JenCpLvr
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I love my Jennifer!!!! I can't wait to see her in Charleston!!!

CappyMania
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:41 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Diya
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:44 AM
:woohoo: :bounce: