PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Point Of..........

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:36 PM
.....A MODERATOR DELETING A POST BY ANY MEMBER OF THIS BOARD!!??
I understand that some of the posters on here are "thin skinned" but If someone can post that "venus is ugly" why can't someone else post that "Henin looks like a man". We both make our point and no harm is done. I don't understand why one should be deleted and not the other!!?? :shrug:

-Sonic-
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:49 PM
why not just ignore it if u thought it sucked instead of doing exactly the same?

because then, someone who sees ur comment before anything else will once again start a venus is ugly thread.

then, once again, someone else will retaliate.

in other words, because its bloody childish and will make the bad parts of this board even worse, drowning the good parts.

both should be deleted if this happens tho

griffin
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
If you don't understand the why offensive posts should be deleted, I think it's beyond my abilities to explain it to you.

As for why one post was deleted and not the other, it wasn't me so I can only guess, but my guess would be that the person just missed the other post. Since I didn't see a report for either post, I think it's a pretty good guess.

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:26 AM
If you don't understand the why offensive posts should be deleted, I think it's beyond my abilities to explain it to you.

As for why one post was deleted and not the other, it wasn't me so I can only guess, but my guess would be that the person just missed the other post. Since I didn't see a report for either post, I think it's a pretty good guess.
Thanks Griff, for dealing with the Paranoid Perception that you folks apply a filter re. your own Player Preferences. If some of the fucking infants who Think These players are their sisters, etc. would report such posts instead of "retaliating" This Type of question wouldn't even be raised.

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:35 AM
I think moderators should only be allowed to delete posts, not members, some of them exploit this function to delete attacks to other memebers in order to not get caught.

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I think moderators should only be allowed to delete posts, not members, some of them exploit this function to delete attacks to other memebers in order to not get caught.
If by "caught" you mean BY the Admin's, they can still read deleted posts. (Its sort of like putting a virus or spyware in "quarantine" When We delete Our Own). So you can still Tell Them "X is picking fights with Y" and they Can Check the evidence.

kyk710
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I love the moderators! :)