PDA

View Full Version : Maggie Maleeva: 'I still improve!'

ghosts
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Some highlights from her pressconference today ;) :kiss:

- I'll play until the end of the year and after that I'll decide whether to continue my career or not. I'll play until tennis is interesting to me. Especially after a tournament like Tokyo I feel like I'm improving and can improve more! My ranking isn't the biggest motivation for me. My aim is to win as many matches as possible. Of course, I'm happy to climb up to #21 because I'll be seeded at atleast the next 2 Grand Slams.
- Next tournaments: ANTWERP(!!), DUBAI, DOHA
- The Olympic Games are priority for me because they will be my last
- I'll play doubles from time to time (??) with a last-minute partner. Doubles are no ambition for me. I play doubles to improve my singles game. I'm surprised that I played two finals already this year
- I played very well in the first tournament in Gold Coast. In Melbourne I wasn't that good, but I'm not sorry that I lost. Mandula played pretty well. I'm satisfied with my performance in Tokyo. In the final against Davenport she served very well, was making aces in every single game and put some pressure on my own service games
- Sesil Karatancheva is undoubtedly the best young Bulgarian player now. I understood she has played extremely well in the end of the last year

:bounce:

MLF
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Where is this from and why is Maggie holding a press conference when she's on her week off? Are you sure this isn't ghosts writing what he'd like to hear if Maggie Maleeva were to give a press conference really ? ;)

ghosts
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:30 PM
She is back for few days to Bulgaria and there was a press-conference (!!) :)

ghosts
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:31 PM
MirjanaLfan :rolleyes:

gmak
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:36 PM
ghost :wavey:

hope maggie plays in 2005 :D :) :hug:

jimbo mack
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:08 PM
i'm pretty sure maggie will retire at the end of this year

i hope she retires in the top 20 though :)

Doraemon
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:12 PM
i'm pretty sure maggie will retire at the end of this year

i hope she retires in the top 20 though :)

What makes you so sure of her retirement after this year?
When Maggie herself is still not sure of it, how coule you be so sure? :confused:

crazillo
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Why does she play Antwerp???????

ghosts
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
maybe because she feels she is in good form and can win some matches :bounce: ;)

Sammm
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks, ghosts.