PDA

View Full Version : OK: I CAN access clijsters.wtnworld.com now, thanks :)

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I can't load "Clijsters City" :sad: (unless with my old link - but then I'm not able to load any of the articles).
Links on another player's site to an article from "Clijsters City" don't work either.

I tried the other Fan Clubs, and there was one other I couldn't reach either: Anastasia Myskina's.

http://clijsters.wtastarz.com/network/index.php?siteid=clijsters&content=Home - my old link - does work :) (but not for the articles, of course :sad: )

http://clijsters.wtnworld.com/clijsters - the (new?) link from within the network - does not... :confused:

per4ever
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM
it works here :confused:

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Uh? :confused: - You mean the second link works for you? :scratch:

Well, it doesn't for me. And take the article "Clijsters ankle feeling fine right now" (http://clijsters.wtnworld.com/clijsters/News/1822) which is also featured on Serena's site (last item from "CURRENT STORIES FROM AROUND THE NETWORK"): I simply can't load it.

No link with "http://clijsters.wtnworld.com" in the first part of the address works :sad: :(.

carot
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:52 PM
no problems for me either, are you on a specific browser/configuration? :confused:

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Hi carot. :)

Nope, your everyday Windows XP Home Edition, with Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-163315 ( :eek: )

Browser updates till now: SP1; Q818529; Q330994; Q822925; Q828750; Q824145

Is any of this making any sense? Do you have to know more?

I just tried to delete all my cookies, rebooting my computer even. Still no change, though - except now I can reach Myskina's site :confused: :scratch:.

I'm really flabbergasted.

Poe
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:48 PM
try a trace route to clijsters.wtnworld.com

in windows xp:

start/accessories/command prompt

then type tracert clijsters.wtnworld.com

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Hi Poe. :)

I tried that; here are the results.

It says something like "tracing the path to clijsters.wtnworld.com [64.246.57.130] in maximum 30 hops". Follows a lot of data up till step 13. But from step 14 on up to step 30 I get a "Time out"-message...

If you need to see the data for yourself: here is a bmp-snapshot:

Poe
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:16 PM
It looks as though there is a router down between you and the clijsters.wtnworld.com server. Since you can't connect to the server it's safe to say the problem is nothing to do with your software or configuration.

Usually problems like those work themselves out in a day or 2.

Poe
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Just to confirm, you're not able to reach www.wtnworld.com or any other site on that domain right? It's not just clijsters?

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Hey, thanks Poe - but no: it's only clijsters.wtnworld.com :confused:

You mean - if it's only clijsters there is something else going on??? :scared:

(Meanwhile I've found out that I can access the articles... if I replace "wtn" by "wtastarz", without changing any other part of the address. It's cumbersome - but at least I can read them now, lol.)

Poe
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Hey, thanks Poe - but no: it's only clijsters.wtnworld.com :confused:

You mean - if it's only clijsters there is something else going on??? :scared:

(Meanwhile I've found out that I can access the articles... if I replace "wtn" by "wtastarz", without changing any other part of the address. It's cumbersome - but at least I can read them now, lol.)

Well the trace route does show there's a problem between you and the server it's just strange to me that you can access wtnworld.com since usually a subdomain (xxxx.doman.com) is on the same server as the domain. I did a trace route for both and both show the same IP.

So yeah that's kinda odd but I still think it's something that will clear up. If not, maybe we can drag Amanda in here for a better explanation.

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Lol - Amanda is dragable :D?

I like explanations :drool: - thanks! (I thought I knew something about computers, but I'm very much out of my depth here. Several lenghts, as a matter of fact.)

I'll wait a week or so - and if I'm still having problems by then I'll give a yell.

Thank you :worship:.

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Hehehe - 5 minutes ago it still didn't work, but now it suddenly does. :) :) :)
No need to drag Amanda anywhere :sad:.

So that was much ado about nothing - I'm sorry. :o

:wavey:

Lynx
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Tried the tracer again, btw.

The link now takes a completely different route - arriving at its destination in 12 steps (via Brussels, London, Washington, Dallas...) :)