PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters: I don't wanna do any powertraining

pigam
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:30 PM
* !! beware: source = VRTteletext, not always very reliable!! *

Kim Clijsters made it clear she isn't planning on changing her training methods.

"I don't want to do any powertraining, like Justine does.
I don't wanna look like a bodybuilder. Otherwise, I would have never found such a cute boyfriend" she sneers to her biggest opponent.
"When I was eight years old, I had the same arms I have now. I don't want bigger arms!"

"If I would train too much on power, I would loose my explosivity (?).
I have never worked with weights and I will never will", Clijsters said

I guess Kim doesn't like the looks of dear old Pierre-Yves Hardenne... ;)

Guess she's right, I don't think she has to do powertraining like Justine does. Her serve could be more powerfull, but I guess she can't train too much on it, because of her shoulderproblems...

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Are these real quotes? Well..I hardly call Justine looking body
builder like despite having nice buff arms and abs of steel. :p

Kim doesn't need power training. I think she needs "brain training". ;)

justine&coria
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:35 PM
It's a joke, isn't it ?

katrientje
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I read something a little different, Pigam.
In gva it said: "with my body-type I would look like a bodybuilder if I worked a lot with the weights", that's not sneering IMO
Jounalists always try and pull a sneer out of our girls comments, don't you know them by now? ;-)))

tenn_ace
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:36 PM
if it's for real, Kim's arms are actually bigger than Justine's IMO... what is she talking about?

pigam
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:38 PM
I read something a little different, Pigam.
In gva it said: "with my body-type I would look like a bodybuilder if I worked a lot with the weights", that's not sneering IMO
Jounalists always try and pull a sneer out of our girls comments, don't you know them by now? ;-)))
Look @ the very first line of my post ;)
I didn't make this up to discredit kim.

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Ok. I get it. This is one of those "everybody suddenly is a expert
tennis coach giving advice" type journalist interviews with quotes.
Kim was just trying to give a polite answer without telling the
writer to "buzz off". ;)

katrientje
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Look @ the very first line of my post ;)
I didn't make this up to discredit kim.
OMG, it's from the masters of negative interpretation ;)
I didn't see it, you're right

Allez-H
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Well,it's quite obvious the Flemish journalists want to start a fight between Justine and Kim.BUt I think both of them are aware that they shouldn't rely on what the Belgian papers say ;)

Martian KC
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Sweet and sour.......nice taste buds.:)

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I'm just curious; but how often do they write about Kim and Justine
in the newspapers? Do you get weekly updates etc? Are they
really a national obsession?

pigam
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Yup, pretty much so.
I love it ;)

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:51 PM
How many days a week do you read about them?

Allez-H
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Pretty much all the time.But I remember when Kim won Leipzig in 2000 it was frontpage-news.NOw when Kim or Justine win tournaments,it(s seen as the normalest thing on earth.It will still get attention but as much attention as in 2000/2001.Belgium went crazy while th 2001 FO.Now when Justine and Kim make it to a Grand Slam-final,it's as normal as making the final of tier 2-tournament.But next to that,they really get allot of attention down here.It's quite a pity actually for the other Belgian sports(wo)men.

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Pretty much all the time.But I remember when Kim won Leipzig in 2000 it was frontpage-news.NOw when Kim or Justine win tournaments,it(s seen as the normalest thing on earth.It will still get attention but as much attention as in 2000/2001.Belgium went crazy while th 2001 FO.Now when Justine and Kim make it to a Grand Slam-final,it's as normal as making the final of tier 2-tournament.But next to that,they really get allot of attention down here.It's quite a pity actually for the other Belgian sports(wo)men.

So, who get's more coverage? Football, Kim and Justine or bicyling?

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:59 PM
I dunno, those 'stadion' bits on the vrt website have about 75% of the time dedicated to football ;)

E. Blackadder
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:01 PM
but tennis matches get generally more airing time than football ;) We get them LIVE

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I dunno, those 'stadion' bits on the vrt website have about 75% of the time dedicated to football ;)

It's always Marc Wilmonts...this Marc Wilmonts that... :haha:

The Crow
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Football and cycling still have more coverage. We get to see finals of non GS if Kim or Justine play the final. And we get to see most of the GS matches of Kim and Justine (plus semi-finals and finals).

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:02 PM
but tennis matches get generally more airing time than football ;) We get them LIVE

Interesting. I guess the football is more about the Champions League
and UEFA cup results, right?

The Crow
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:03 PM
It's Wilmots :p

Allez-H
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Well,we get coverage of all the finales of KIm and Justine + Grand Slams + Fed Cup + EXhibition events with Kim and/or Justine.

Football:not that much,just when Belgium plays and the Champions League.National football is only transmitted on Canal+

Cycling:We've got allot of cycling on our television:all the classics,Tour de France,Giro,Vuelta,worldchampionships,...But also cyclocross and moutainbiking,cuz the Belgians are very good at it too.

Overall I would say:football is the number 1 sport in Belgium and tennis and cycling come on a chared second place.

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:04 PM
It's Wilmots :p

Sorry. MARC WILMOTS!! :lol:

~|Naomi|~
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:05 PM
"with my body-type I would look like a bodybuilder if I worked a lot with the weights", that's not sneering IMO
I'd believe that more, I doubt Kim thinks JHH looks like a body builder:p

Otherwise, I would have never found such a cute boyfriend

I can't see Kim saying that to the media:p

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I have trouble believing those are accurate quotes. It doesn't even sound like Kim.

Joachim
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Thats very nice. Kim is nicer tham Justine because that.

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Well,we get coverage of all the finales of KIm and Justine + Grand Slams + Fed Cup + EXhibition events with Kim and/or Justine.

Football:not that much,just when Belgium plays and the Champions League.National football is only transmitted on Canal+

Cycling:We've got allot of cycling on our television:all the classics,Tour de France,Giro,Vuelta,worldchampionships,...But also cyclocross and moutainbiking,cuz the Belgians are very good at it too.

Overall I would say:football is the number 1 sport in Belgium and tennis and cycling come on a chared second place.

Thank you for the info. It's all very fascinating to see how
news is covered in different countries. :)

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Thank you for the info. It's all very fascinating to see how
news is covered in different countries. :)
and thanks to online clips from VRT, I'm finally able to pronounce Kim's last name correctly :D

katrientje
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:14 PM
and thanks to online clips from VRT, I'm finally able to pronounce Kim's last name correctly :D
LOL @ viggen

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM

Which reminds me to say that I finally got to watch the ADIDAS
International tournament on tv, and guess what? the coverage was
all about JUSTINE. Our local sports cable station SCV has now
come to the conclusion that the only female tennis players on
the planet are Justine, kim, Maria Sharapova, Mauresmo, Venus
and Serena. Only 2 matches were shown from Eurosport.
The QF and the Finals. (J2H/Chanda) (J2H/Amelie).

There's also a new "congratulations Australian Open winners" ad
and it only mainly focuses and names "Marat"... "GO JUSTINE"
and "Roger our new number 1 men's tennis player". :haha:
I knew something good could come out of moving here to
Singapore.

It's pretty funny..that it's all on a first name basis, unlike back
in the USA, UK or Aussie media. They don't call her Justine
henin-hardenne anymore. It's all "Justine". I guess if you don't
know than your suppose to be really un-cool or something now. :haha:

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Which reminds me to say that I finally got to watch the ADIDAS
International tournament on tv, and guess what the coverage
all about JUSTINE. Our local sports cable station SCV has now
come to the conclusion that the only female tennis players on
the planet are Justine, kim, Maria Sharapova, Mauresmo, Venus
and Serena. Only 2 matches were shown from Eurosport.
The QF and the Finals. (J2H/Chanda) (J2H/Amelie).

There's also a new "congratulations Australian Open winners" ad
and it only mainly focuses and names "Marat"... "GO JUSTINE"
and "Roger our new number 1 men's tennis player". :haha:
I knew something good could come out of moving here to
Singapore.

It's pretty funny..that it's all on a first name basis, unlike back
in the USA, UK or Aussie media. They don't call her Justine
henin-hardenne anymore. It's all "Justine". I guess if you don't
know than your suppose to be really un-cool or something now. :haha:
Lucky you :p Over here....it's Andy, Andre, Jenn (Cahpriadi), Venus, Serena..."them foreign kids". Everytime we get a Justine or a Kim match, we're treated to numerous pronounciations (huneen-hardeen, klaistuz etc. etc.)...then we're reminded that they're from Belgium....then they talk about how one is from the French side and the other is from the Flemish (some commentators still get confused over this :o)...and then it's time to move back to Andy's tape-delayed 3 set blowout from the night before...oh and if they decide to stay on one of Justine or Kim's matches for longer (i.e. they're playing against Americans...or no Americans playing...or all Americans lost...or they can't show the Agassi/Roddick tape for the 17th time cuz it's worn out), they'll explain how one has a good backhand and the other is engaged to Lleyton Hewitt. mute is the best option these days :tape:

morbidangle
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I don't think Kim would say all that..

Besides, I think Pierre-Yves is better looking than Llyton!

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Lucky you :p Over here....it's Andy, Andre, Jenn (Cahpriadi), Venus, Serena..."them foreign kids". Everytime we get a Justine or a Kim match, we're treated to numerous pronounciations (huneen-hardeen, klaistuz etc. etc.)...then we're reminded that they're from Belgium....then they talk about how one is from the French side and the other is from the Flemish (some commentators still get confused over this :o)...and then it's time to move back to Andy's tape-delayed 3 set blowout from the night before...oh and if they decide to stay on one of Justine or Kim's matches for longer (i.e. they're playing against Americans...or no Americans playing...or all Americans lost...or they can't show the Agassi/Roddick tape for the 17th time cuz it's worn out), they'll explain how one has a good backhand and the other is engaged to Lleyton Hewitt. mute is the best option these days :tape:

Yeah. Poor North America. It's weird; but there's no affection
with Pandy. He's called "American Andy Roddick" like during
news reports that announce with a worried serious look by
the local tv newscaster "American George Bush has decided
to invade Iraq" :haha:

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM
That was fall down funny. :haha:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I don't think Kim would say all that..

Besides, I think Pierre-Yves is better looking than Llyton!
:eek: Pierre-Yves looking better than Lleyton, you must be kidding;)

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:57 PM

I dunno know. PY seems like a cool mellow guy. J2H says he's
funny and makes her laugh. Which means he must be funnier than
Jerry Lewis; but no really. I hear PY bakes a mean cake. ;)

Allez-H
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I think he's kinda cute http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/wedding_88.jpg

irma
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
You can do fitness and not look like a bodybuilder :rolleyes:

Kim should call Steffi and ask what this attitude can do with you (injury wise)

pigam
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I'd believe that more, I doubt Kim thinks JHH looks like a body builder:p

I can't see Kim saying that to the media:p

I think it DOES sound like Kim. She probably meant is as a joke, and not to 'sneer' @ Justine, but that's what the press makes off it... or *did* she mean 'Justine might have 3GS, but her man is but-ugly' :shrug: ;) :angel: :devil: Kimmie :o !! :eek: