PDA

View Full Version : Venus will play in Antwerp!Confirmed!

-Ph51-
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Said Bob Verbeek today on Belgian radio!

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:21 PM
oh dear, i've adopted the "i'll believe it when i see it" mentality ;)

Wimanna
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Said Bob Verbeek today on Belgian radio!
Yeah, and he was praising Venus a lot ;) ;) :bounce:

E. Blackadder
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM
i won't believe it until I actually see her on court. and still, she might retire in her 1st match :rolleyes:

pigam
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:01 PM
:woohoo: :bounce: :crazy:
Come on Venus! I'll see you in the semi finals!! :)

pigam
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Let's hope it's true, or I'll be pissed for an entire week :( ;)

servenrichie
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:25 PM
oh dear, i've adopted the "i'll believe it when i see it" mentality ;)Ditto and this from a very loyal fan:mad: !

Joachim
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:25 PM
oh nooooooo!!

katrientje
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:26 PM
He cannot be sure of it, he 's just trying to save his tournament. No one can be certain about how Vee's injury will heal, not even venus herself

fleemkeģ
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I just hope she plays :sad:

calabar
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM
He cannot be sure of it, he 's just trying to save his tournament. No one can be certain about how Vee's injury will heal, not even venus herself
You mean it takes Venus - the 17th ranked player - to save a tournament even with the two highest ranked players in the tournament? Wow, the Williamses sure have a lot of pull.

katrientje
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM
You mean it takes Venus - the 17th ranked player - to save a tournament even with the two highest ranked players in the tournament? Wow, the Williamses sure have a lot of pull.
With all the players they promised in the first place and who are pulling out now, yes, that's the way it is

St.Sebastian
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM
oh nooooooo!!
WTF is it supposed to mean??

calabar
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:47 PM
OOOPS, my bad. Venus is ranked 13. If she doesn't play in Anthwerp, she could fall to 17 or 18.

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:15 PM
OOOPS, my bad. Venus is ranked 13. If she doesn't play in Anthwerp, she could fall to 17 or 18.
Thats good shes making progress, shes gotta get that ranking up.l

jimbo mack
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:18 PM
i'm another one, who will only believe it when i see it :rolleyes:

Joachim
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM
WTF is it supposed to mean??

I dont like Venus!! :) :)

venusfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:29 PM
I'll believe it when the tournament is over.. It's a Willaiams so nothing is never confirmed until it's done.

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Ditto and this from a very loyal fan:mad: !
LOL

i'm a loyal fan too...but if Venus isn't fit she shouldn't play

that's it

RAA
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
yes, same here....
i'll wait and see...
hope she plays though..

OK-Tennis
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:54 PM
i just she might just want to win that diamond raquet from those Belgium people,
then we'll know if she is injured or not, not that i dont believe her or anything:)

mimbari24
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I really hope she's not rushing things!!! But if she's 100% i can't wait to hear about her tearin up the court

Kabibi
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:17 PM
It's good that she's confirmed, but I would rather have her 100% healthy for this tourny than not and perhaps setting herself back for near future tourny's.

If she does indeed play, I wish her luck and hope there are some good perfomances and matches.

Andrew.
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:20 PM

No, Venus will fall to at least 17 in next weeks rankings. If she plays Antwerp and does well, she could get back up to 14.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:29 PM
C'mon Venus. You have to lose to Kim in the finals!:bounce:

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Venus will be there, she will try her darndest to play for that racquet. She may not finish the tournament, but she'll try.

Couver
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Venus :sad: I really wish she wasn't playing here. I thought she learned last year that you have to heal 100% before you try and play again. I know she might be feeling better, but I can't believe a leg injury would heal itself in 1 week!

I hope she rest up for the rest of the year. I'd love to see her win the racket, but not to be out for another like 6 months.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Venus :sad: I really wish she wasn't playing here. I thought she learned last year that you have to heal 100% before you try and play again. I know she might be feeling better, but I can't believe a leg injury would heal itself in 1 week!

I hope she rest up for the rest of the year. I'd love to see her win the racket, but not to be out for another like 6 months.

She has about 2 weeks between tournaments and I doubt her leg injury was that serious or she wouldn't have walked on court to give a speech.

Couver
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I hope so Knizzle. Another season without Venus would be brutal! :sad:

Dawn Marie
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Venus will be there I am sure of it!

She is going after a HUGE prize.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Venus has to take her chances sooner or later. She is a fragile player. If she is injured she shouldn't play, and she definitely should not suffer. But if she keeps putting off the comeback, the comeback will never happen. I'm not sure what kind of leg injury she has now, but this is her tourny to win if she is healthy. Justine, nor Kim, have had to face powerful mobile players the last six months, and I'm sure they'll be rocked when they do. GO VENUS!! Be Mobile ;)

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:01 PM
I hope Vee plays. I miss watching her and Serena so much.

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:16 PM
I hope Vee plays. I miss watching her and Serena so much.

Will Justine :bigwave: be playing?

suemovie
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:29 PM
If it is just tendernitis she could very much be fine next week. As we have seen in the pass, one day you can be fine and the next she can have a major flair up which is seriously painful.

here's hoping that is what it is and she will be back on track soon.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Will Justine :bigwave: be playing?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bitter Blue Bong
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:32 PM
LOL @ the hand. I'll also believe it when I see Venus out there on the court. Both Kim and Justine are playing here, I believe.

jbone_0307
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:36 AM
From now on, maybe all tournaments should have an expensive incentive away from a trophy and money. That diamond encrusted raquet seems to motivate Venus lol

starr
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:37 AM
I predict: Venus will play Antwerp unless she has a serious injury, and after this year, she won't play there again.

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:44 AM
I really hope she's not rushing things!!! But if she's 100% i can't wait to hear about her tearin up the court

WHAT DO YOU MEAN RUSHING THINGS!? She played 4 matches since June 2003 OVER AN ABDOMINAL INJURY(!) AND YOU'RE WORRIED SHE'S RUSHING THINGS

IMHO I think she's afraid to lose now that the pressure is on her, specially since Serena is not around.

Knizzle
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I predict: Venus will play Antwerp unless she has a serious injury, and after this year, she won't play there again.

Really?? How do you know??

Jericho
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:52 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN RUSHING THINGS!? She played 4 matches since June 2003 OVER AN ABDOMINAL INJURY(!) AND YOU'RE WORRIED SHE'S RUSHING THINGS

IMHO I think she's afraid to lose now that the pressure is on her, specially since Serena is not around.
are you dumb, shes already had an ankle injury and now a leg injury :rolleyes:

Diya
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by SJW
oh dear, i've adopted the "i'll believe it when i see it" mentality

:o :lol:

Paneru
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:22 AM
From now on, maybe all tournaments should have an expensive incentive away from a trophy and money. That diamond encrusted raquet seems to motivate Venus lol

:lol:

Well, Vee said diamonds were her weakness!;)
I think Venus is going to do all she possibly can to play and play well.

I think Venus is really comitted to playing this year.
She got injured in Australia and could've easily pulled out of Tokyo(which I was hoping she wouldn't but was kind of scared she would) but she atleast gave the effort and tried. Which is something compared to pulling out.
I found it funny that some people critisized her for ret. in Tokyo saying she shouldn't have played if she was injured and yet they be the one's first to pounce had she pull out from the get go.

Venus' body is fragile and injury prone but kudos to her for atleast trying.
Her health is most important but sometimes you have to play in pain and as long as it is nothing serious or has the chance to turn into anything serious I think she'll continue to play.

Volcana
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Oh c'mon, you're being silly. She defending champ. Two or three times in a row. She's going for the diamond racket. I'm sure half their advertising's built around that. Of course they want her there!

Having said that, I'm not going to be a happy fan til she's not only back, but back in form.

pisces
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM
IF Venus & Serena quit today,they will go in the hall of fame.There"s not one player ,playing now can top the WILLIAMS record,NONE.I"ll proud to be a Williams fan.They brought the Gold medAL BACK HOME.They won so manying doubles.if VENUS AND SERENA DONT WIN ANOTHER GAME,IT"S ALRIGHT WITH ME.! .They are champs!i I WOULD LOVE THEM ,TILLTHE DAY I DIE. PEACE.

Paneru
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Oh c'mon, you're being silly. She defending champ. Two or three times in a row. She's going for the diamond racket. I'm sure half their advertising's built around that. Of course they want her there!

Having said that, I'm not going to be a happy fan til she's not only back, but back in form.

The way I see it is, count your blessings!
Venus could've and could just as easily not played at all.
She could've withdrawn after she hurt herself at the AO and she could've simply not shown up in Tokyo. Sure, I want to see her back and in form(which is coming, just give it time) but I'm also happy to just see her back out there.

servenrichie
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Will Justine :bigwave: be playing?:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

vutt
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Good for tour if she plays.

I think she will play even if she's not 100% ready, bcoz girls like diamonds ;)