PDA

View Full Version : Serena will Quit Tennis Soon

locawilliams
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Serena will probably retire early than we think. The showbiz as open up and she will have a lead role soon with New line Productions. Since she has knee surgery she has had a lot of showbiz endeavor. I think the knee surgery thing is probably a cover up so she can so showbiz activities. She probably can not practise a lot so she was not fit enough to compete so she withdraw most of the tournament. We all need to prepare for this because Serena will probably have 1-2 years then she will retire. Everybody gets ready because tennis will be extremely boring when the Williams sister is gone. Enjoy them while it last because it wont be long. All the haters you will cry when they leave and will begs them to return and they will not return. Venus has the interior desighn business that is booming and Serena will be a fultime actress.

azza
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Hope its true :lick:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:53 AM
i dont think so

Sam L
Newline Productions meaning New Line Cinema? Because they (who produced the Lord of the Rings films) usually make crappy movies. :eek:

I don't think Serena will be going away anytime soon anyway. You can still start your acting career in your 30's, she's like what 22? Too young.

And besides, I don't think Serena will ever have a big movie career anyway. She's already too well-known as a celebrity, and people won't take her seriously in movies only because she's already a "tennis star".

VW#1
Serena's under contract so she can't quit for at least another 8 years. Venus on the other hand....I believe her contract with Reebok is up in 2005, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't renew it. As much as I love her, I think she sees tennis differently now. I don't think it's her passion, and besides she's already the fuc**** Venus Williams so she can retire and be mentioned along the greats

Volcana
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Serena will probably retire early than we think. The showbiz as open up and she will have a lead role soon with New line Productions. Since she has knee surgery she has had a lot of showbiz endeavor. I think the knee surgery thing is probably a cover up so she can so showbiz activities. No problem. I can tell you don't know much about the acting business. If Serena has a lead with New Line coming up, they'll want her on court as often as possible. Advertising is expensive,and every minute Serena is on court is free pub. And remember, playing in tournaments is VOLUNTARY. She doesn't have to pretend to be injured to do a movie. She can just do it. The WTA doesn't have exclusive contracts on their players. In fact, the WTA would love the free publicity the tour would get from the movie.

Don't worry. Meds can do something about the paranoid delusions. Talk to your doctor.

vogus
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:18 AM
I think that Serena is going to be crap as an actress, at best very mediocre, and it would be a shame if she quits tennis for this. If she does quit, though, women's tennis will go on without her, certainly poorer for the loss, but it will go on and the Williams sisters will be quickly forgotten, no different than all other players after they leave the game.

Volcana
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:22 AM
I think that Serena is going to be crap as an actress, at best very mediocre, and it would be a shame if she quits tennis for this. If she does quit, though, women's tennis will go on without her, certainly poorer for the loss, but it will go on and the Williams sisters will be quickly forgotten, no different than all other players after they leave the game.
Well, the post has two sentences. Of equal accuracy.

doby
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:26 AM
:o Serena will be in for a rude awakening.Why do you think she is being offered acting parts to begin with?Because she plays tennis!Without that she is just another actor wannabe.Producers and director wouldn't look twice at her if weren't for tennis...look at tv,movies how many roles are there for blacks?Not too many.

Sam L
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:32 AM
:o Serena will be in for a rude awakening.Why do you think she is being offered acting parts to begin with?Because she plays tennis!Without that she is just another actor wannabe.Producers and director wouldn't look twice at her if weren't for tennis...look at tv,movies how many roles are there for blacks?Not too many.
doby, that's a fact that needs to be changed. I want to see actors from different backgrounds on the screen, of course if it is for appropriate roles.

I mean, for instance, Serena obviously can't star in a Jane Austen novel adaptation, but I don't see why she can't in a film like say "Unfaithful" starring Diane Lane. This is a role that could've been taken by an Asian or black or any woman of any background.

I don't think Serena will be a mediocre actress. But whether she's taken seriously be critics/audiences is another thing. There will always be tennis in the back of people's minds and many will think she landed the roles because of her previous career.

In other words, she needs to take on small roles, and prove herself first. Getting landed in a lead role where she is type-cast, could be a dangerous move for her.

Diya
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:36 AM

I couldn't have said it any better :worship:

volley1
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Diya, you know what you are, don't you. :wavey:

Jericho
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:45 AM
If she does quit, though, women's tennis will go on without her, certainly poorer for the loss, but it will go on and the Williams sisters will be quickly forgotten, no different than all other players after they leave the game.
just like capriati will be forgotten, davenport, hingis because serena does have more slams than all three of them...i mean whats so special about two sisters dominating a sport and helping to raise the bar for the next generation who'll remember that? :confused:

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:51 AM
locawilliams, I think you've gone a little loco. :p

Got any other conspiracy theories? Maybe Serena was secretly recruited by the CIA to help find Saddam in that spider-hole near Tikrit. She obviously can't publically admit that she's part of a special task force which protects national security so she made up this knee injury excuse. Sure, sure laugh at me now, but I'm telling you, it won't be a coincidence that Serena will play her first tournament back just after Osama Bin Laden is apprehended in some damp cave in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Hope its true :lick:
Dream on loser...:rolleyes:

vogus
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:04 AM
viggen, why do you think Serena's playing in Qatar? Tennis is just her cover for being in the middle east, and during the night after her matches U.S. military intel is going to be shuttling her over the border for secret operations in Yemen. But of course the WTA isn't going to announce THAT in its press release!

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:04 AM

Your opinion is too simple. Its not because of tennis, its because of who she is and what she has accomplished; mostly who she is. No one is offering justine movie deals and she plays tennis and wins.

Martian Willow
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Well, the post has two sentences. Of equal accuracy.

I agree with you. :)

vettipooh
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Venus and Serena are household names.They won't be that easily forgotten! There are already doucumentaries made about their lives as tennis players e.g.Raising Tennis Aces!!Their legacy, like Ashe and Gibbson, will live on. Tennis players are talked about all the time by their fans, media, and commentators. we still talk about those who have come and gone.I think the question for Serena is whether her vast interest are more satisfying to her than tennis and what creates the most excitement for her.The choice is hers to make.

Sam L
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Your opinion is too simple. Its not because of tennis, its because of who she is and what she has accomplished; mostly who she is. No one is offering justine movie deals and she plays tennis and wins.
Maybe she's getting some deals in Belgian movies? ;)

A lot of this has to do with your determination to go out and make it happen to. Obviously Serena is determined to make it happen, and that's why she's landed herself some TV roles.

IMO, Steffi Graf could've been an actress, if she wanted to (she has the looks for it), but she didn't obviously.

vogus
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:19 AM
i don't think the Williams sister legacy as it stands today is anywhere near Ashe and Gibson. The sisters have had an impressive run and they will be missed. But Gibson and Ashe were true pioneers and heroes, whereas the Williams sisters, while both great players, have always had a certain selfishness surrounding them, like maybe they took more from tennis than what they gave, and valued their own celebrity above everything else. Of course that could still change, but i'm looking at it as if their careers ended tomorrow.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:29 AM
i don't think the Williams sister legacy as it stands today is anywhere near Ashe and Gibson. The sisters have had an impressive run and they will be missed. But Gibson and Ashe were true pioneers and heroes, whereas the Williams sisters, while both great players, have always had a certain selfishness surrounding them, like maybe they took more from tennis than what they gave, and valued their own celebrity above everything else. Of course that could still change, but i'm looking at it as if their careers ended tomorrow.

Sisters aren't attempting to have a legacy like Ashe and Gibson. Ashe and Gibson lived in a TOTALLY different era than the sisters. The WS ARE pioneers of the game of tennis. They raised the level of athleticism to what it is today. They dominated the game. Tennis has gotten so much more FROM the sisters than they could give back to it.

Why isn't Cappy or Davy compared to Ashe or Gibson. Just because V and S are black they have to be compared to Ashe and Gibson??

Jericho
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Selfishness? Maybe pro family, but not selfish.
Venus and Serena have brought tennis to a new level, not to mention new fans from different backgrounds and helped to bring more interest in tennis.
The Williams sisters may not be "true pioneers and heroes" like Gibson and Ashe, but is graf? how about seles? hingis? or maybe its because they're black and have to hold the same standards as other black tennis players?
Venus and Serena's legacy will be the sisters who dominated the sport with a new level of tennis, just like seles will be unfortunately remembered for the stabbing

vogus
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:37 AM
yeah, i agree that for almost 3 years, from Venus's maiden victory dance at Wimbledon in '00 until Justine Henin raised her left hand in Paris last June, the only name at the top of tennis that mattered was Williams. It was total and complete domination. If it had been only one Williams sister doing that, people would call it the most dominant three-year run in tennis history.

Dawn Marie
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:43 AM
V@S are also extremely popular because of stupid people in this thread like Diya,Azza and so forth.

See if it weren't for tennis being such a racist sport in the past, present and future, alot of people wouldn't be so excited about V@S now! They are so dynamic and educated that people love them. Especially the fact that in the past they have detroyed the country clubber yuppie havin snobs. Loads of people enjoy this.:)

It helps to dominate and a be THREAT and huge contenda in a LILY WHITE sport.

Tiger Woods is the same way, he is beating up lily white golf and people really enjoy watching this happen. Of course breaking all the records have alot to do with it too, but it is wonderful too witness people of color destroy Lily White folks and the programs and the money and people behind the institutions. At least it makes me feel good.

V@S have made me proud as a fan. They over came many obstacles and beat the odds and will forever go down in the histroy books. It's all icing on the cake now baby.:)

FEARLESS VEE AND RENA RULE!! ALWAYS and go buy a future ticket and see them on the hall of fame walls in the years to come. You know they will be on there!:)

volley1
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:52 AM
A part of me hopes that both venus and serena quit tennis. Because if they do, by by a lot of american sponsorship dollars, allowing them to have the ultimate revenge, for all that they've had to put up with from the tennis community. :tape: :fiery:

Dawn Marie
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:54 AM
vogus u state your words in a snobbish manner imho. Ashe said himself that one day u will find people of color who will not look like him and they will be of a totally different mindset than he was. You are boring. U think of V@S as being different that you beneath you.

U don't speak of selfishness regarding Jennifer who got a lock down away from tennis and her fans? Her crazy family who drove her over the edge?

V@S win and have won in the past and they are like alot of people in their jobs and in the real world. They have never gave a flying fuck about what any ignorant people have to say to them. They do it their way, getting paid and having fun.

Don't get mad because Venus and Serena are not bowing down to the likes of you because they dominated. You think they OWE u something because they destroyed people on the courts and made a name for themselves. ...HA HA .. NOT! LMAO

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Don´t think Serena´s going anywhere....after a while she´s gonna realise that it is tennis that she´s best at.

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:08 AM
viggen, why do you think Serena's playing in Qatar? Tennis is just her cover for being in the middle east, and during the night after her matches U.S. military intel is going to be shuttling her over the border for secret operations in Yemen. But of course the WTA isn't going to announce THAT in its press release!There's probably even more yet. Venus had this phantom injury in Tokyo...but stayed there just long enough to have official state visits with a 'US ally'...and now she's going to be playing Dubai...just the week after Serena plays Doha...coinkidink?...I think not ;)

Yes...it's true, I used to be addicted to Hardy Boys novels...so sue me :p

stephanwiberg
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:23 AM
vogus u state your words in a snobbish manner imho. Ashe said himself that one day u will find people of color who will not look like him and they will be of a totally different mindset than he was. You are boring. U think of V@S as being different that you beneath you.

U don't speak of selfishness regarding Jennifer who got a lock down away from tennis and her fans? Her crazy family who drove her over the edge?

V@S win and have won in the past and they are like alot of people in their jobs and in the real world. They have never gave a flying fuck about what any ignorant people have to say to them. They do it their way, getting paid and having fun.

Don't get mad because Venus and Serena are not bowing down to the likes of you because they dominated. You think they OWE u something because they destroyed people on the courts and made a name for themselves. ...HA HA .. NOT! LMAO

First of all i dont look down on venus or serena, or Jennifer, because of race or whatever Venus did have Bert from sesame-street eyebrows early on her career, but she founf out you could pluck them early enough. Nor that Serena can never admit another player is good but can only say she was bad. Nor that Jennifer has an IQ the same as Forrest Gump. And i think the families they were raised in have nothing to do with the fact that Jen used drugs. I'm never sober and was raised by a nun and a priest. Being raised as Jehova's Witnesses likes ven/serena must be pretty awful. But probably Richard has it all taped as his cam is always ready/steady. I agree with you that it is a pity that they quit tennis soon, they will be missed in the semi-finals(final will from now on be reserved for Kim/justine, thats for real). Or elke clijsters and Martine muller. That's my prediction for Wimbledon 2006

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:26 AM
First of all i dont look down on venus or serena, or Jennifer, because of race or whatever Venus did have Bert from sesame-street eyebrows early on her career, but she founf out you could pluck them early enough. Nor that Serena can never admit another player is good but can only say she was bad. Nor that Jennifer has an IQ the same as Forrest Gump. And i think the families they were raised in have nothing to do with the fact that Jen used drugs. I'm never sober and was raised by a nun and a priest. Being raised as Jehova's Witnesses likes ven/serena must be pretty awful. But probably Richard has it all taped as his cam is always ready/steady. I agree with you that it is a pity that they quit tennis soon, they will be missed in the semi-finals(final will from now on be reserved for Kim/justine, thats for real). Or elke clijsters and Martine muller. That's my prediction for Wimbledon 2006

You are :cuckoo:

Jericho
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Or elke clijsters and Martine muller. That's my prediction for Wimbledon 2006
Ok, if you put that elke part in the beginning of your post, you would've saved me a lot of time :o :tape:

vogus
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Dawn, i think the Williams are pretty concerned with their images actually, and it isn't a situation where "they don't care what people think about them." Their celebrity is very important to them, and they want to have this "perfect" image. But the fact is, they are not perfect, selfless individuals, and most of the public understands this. Don't throw that race double standard stuff at me either, because Hingis for me is 100 times worse than the Williams sisters, i won't even go in the Hingis threads at all. I don't have anything against V&S. They're awesome. But what they've done can't be compared to Gibson and Ashe. And as far as Tiger Woods goes, maybe he's crashing the Lily White party, but he's still just about the whitest black man, both culturally and appearance wise, that i've ever seen. If Dennis Rodman was crashing the Lily White golf party, that would be a little different.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Dawn, i think the Williams are pretty concerned with their images actually, and it isn't a situation where "they don't care what people think about them." Their celebrity is very important to them, and they want to have this "perfect" image. But the fact is, they are not perfect, selfless individuals, and most of the public understands this. Don't throw that race double standard stuff at me either, because Hingis for me is 100 times worse than the Williams sisters, i won't even go in the Hingis threads at all. I don't have anything against V&S. They're awesome. But what they've done can't be compared to Gibson and Ashe. And as far as Tiger Woods goes, maybe he's crashing the Lily White party, but he's still just about the whitest black man, both culturally and appearance wise, that i've ever seen. If Dennis Rodman was crashing the Lily White golf party, that would be a little different.

Why do you use Ashe and Gibson?? The only reason I can think of is because the WS are black as well. Tiger Woods is not 100% black o stop trying to fit him into your neat little box. V and S definitely won't be put into a box which is why most people have a problem with them.

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:55 AM
There's probably even more yet. Venus had this phantom injury in Tokyo...but stayed there just long enough to have official state visits with a 'US ally'...and now she's going to be playing Dubai...just the week after Serena plays Doha...coinkidink?...I think not ;)

Yes...it's true, I used to be addicted to Hardy Boys novels...so sue me :p

Who gives a F**k about FED CUP, when you can be American
spies in the U.A.E? Doha? DubaI? Tennis, yeah right. (wink, wink)
We know what the Sisters are doing. And it makes me proud to
think that they are risking themselves in doing it for the "Country".

I'm looking forward to the other "Asian" tour that Venus will
partake in..you know when she visits ...Korea (wink, wink).
Yeah, right for tennis-off course. ;)

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Who gives a F**k about FED CUP, when you can be American
spies in the U.A.E? Doha? DubaI? Tennis, yeah right. (wink, wink)
We know what the Sisters are doing. And it makes me proud to
think that they are risking themselves in doing it for the "Country".

I'm looking forward to the other "Asian" tour that Venus will
partake in..you know when she visits ...Korea (wink, wink).
Yeah, right for tennis-off course. ;)
yes I hear Pyongyang is about to hold a challenger with special invitations for Venus and Serena...funny, no other players are mentioned on the commitment list :confused:

btw, if I had to conduct top-secret anti-terrorism activities anywhere in the world, I'd pick Doha or Dubai...what great places to vacation :hearts:

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:07 AM
yes I hear Pyongyang is about to hold a challenger with special invitations for Venus and Serena...funny, no other players are mentioned on the commitment list :confused:

btw, if I had to conduct top-secret anti-terrorism activities anywhere in the world, I'd pick Doha or Dubai...what great places to vacation :hearts:

In the day- interior designing/actress/tennis players; at night
American Spies. Can't wait for Venus to un-cover some diamonds
for nuclear weapons parts scandal in Antwerp. ;) Somebody's
got to keep an eye out on those Belgians...playing the passive
role of little country, who knows what their international intentions
are? You know what I mean? First taking over the WTA...what's
next? So, I hear Justine and Dokic are in the draw at Dubai too?
Dokic? doesn't she still have that Serbian passport! VENUS watch
your back, be afraid, be very afraid. :p

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:21 AM
In the day- interior designing/actress/tennis players; at night
American Spies. Can't wait for Venus to un-cover some diamonds
for nuclear weapons parts scandal in Antwerp. ;) Somebody's
got to keep an eye out on those Belgians...playing the passive
role of little country, who knows what their international intentions
are? You know what I mean? First taking over the WTA...what's
next? So, I hear Justine and Dokic are in the draw at Dubai too?
Dokic? doesn't she still have that Serbian passport! VENUS watch
your back, be afraid, be very afraid. :pJelena is the ultimate spy...even her home country isn't sure whether she's on their side :o Let's hope Jelena and Venus spend their time in Dubai trying to outfox each other off the court while Justine smuggles away the title:lol: You're spot on about those Belgians. They're sneakier than the Loch Ness monster at a hallowe'en party ;)

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Jelena is the ultimate spy...even her home country isn't sure whether she's on their side :o Let's hope Jelena and Venus spend their time in Dubai trying to outfox each other off the court while Justine smuggles away the title:lol: You're spot on about those Belgians. They're sneakier than the Loch Ness monster at a hallowe'en party ;)

Are you familiar with the concept of "insider trading" in regards to
the stock markets and multi-national economic corporations?

Well...don't you think it's suspicious that Justine, who happens to
be the new number 1 is with OCTAGON sports management?
OCTAGON the home of Martina Hingis and Anna Kournikova?
She slides into ADIDAS while Hingis and Anna are not playing
the markets? Interesting coincidence? or insider trading? ;)

Notice how the Australian Dollar has risen in value....and now
Kim is known as "Aussie Kim" about to be married to Australian
Leyton Hewitt? Again coincidence or a fancy slight of the hand
trick by the "hey..we're just from tiny country called Belgium,
don't worry about us..". Aha..right. ;)

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Are you familiar with the concept of "insider trading" in regards to
the stock markets and multi-national economic corporations?

Well...don't you think it's suspicious that Justine, who happens to
be the new number 1 is with OCTAGON sports management?
OCTAGON the home of Martina Hingis and Anna Kournikova?
She slides into ADIDAS while Hingis and Anna are not playing
the markets? Interesting coincidence? or insider trading? ;)

Notice how the Australian Dollar has risen in value....and now
Kim is known as "Aussie Kim" about to be married to Australian
Leyton Hewitt? Again coincidence or a fancy slight of the hand
trick by the "hey..we're just from tiny country called Belgium,
don't worry about us..". Aha..right. ;)
OMG, what's next, Elke Clijsters usurps Mandy Moore to marry Andy Roddick and take control of the American tennis "establishment"?! This is pure genious this is :lol:

stephanwiberg
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:37 AM
maybe jennifer works for the cia or something
maybe she is the real spy.
She acts likes she is extremely dumb as a cover-up
She has brain as fruitfly as it appears to the world, but is smarter then Einstein.(hope this is true, if so jencap is new meryl streep)
Hasn't anyone seen how the dollar is basically worthless since Jencap has an injury. The whole world is about Jencap!

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:39 AM
OMG, what's next, Elke Clijsters usurps Mandy Moore to marry Andy Roddick and take control of the American tennis "establishment"?! This is pure genious this is :lol:

Better keep an eye out on Maria Sharapova. Can you spell
Double Agent?. She's courting the USTA with her teasing..
"maybe I can become a naturalized US citizen" sweet talk and
still using her Nic Bolettari student Visa? Right. The infamous
Student Visa scam. How many student visa's were owned my
the 9-11 suicide bombers? Think about that one while you
munch on your Doritos!

We should also have someone put a trace on Dinara Safina.
With a name like that you just know she's up to something
like smuggling stolen artwork from Iraq to Moscow. Why did
she insist on visiting the Met Musuem of Modern Art in New
York after she lost to that Diamond Smuggler err..Justine
at Flushing meadows last September? ;)

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:53 AM
maybe jennifer works for the cia or something
maybe she is the real spy.
She acts likes she is extremely dumb as a cover-up
She has brain as fruitfly as it appears to the world, but is smarter then Einstein.(hope this is true, if so jencap is new meryl streep)
Hasn't anyone seen how the dollar is basically worthless since Jencap has an injury. The whole world is about Jencap!

Admins??

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:58 PM

Why in the hell should they give anything to a sport that didnt want them in the first fucking place?:fiery: The USTA and tennis establishment didnt hand ish to them, they werent welcome with open arms in the ranks. They were made fun of with comments from the likes of medicore Iva Majoli and stuck up Martina Hingis comparing Serena to boxers:rolleyes: . The Sisters are doing nothing but minding their own buisness and not becoming puppets for the tour. If thats giving back to the sport, than I hope that they dont ever do it. You talk about Ashe and Gibson, Ashe maybe, but I hate to break it to you, but the reason why people are even attempting to mention Gibson is because of the Williams sisters. Its not right, but thats the way it is.

Ballbuster
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
I see the vultures has decended upon this thread....and you wonder why people of color don't trust you.

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Ashe said himself that one day u will find people of color who will not look like him and they will be of a totally different mindset than he was.

Yes. I agree with this. Ashe looked forward to a day when black people could simply play pro tennis without having to be pioneers or role models and could have temper tantrums like John McEnroe. I would have liked to have heard his thoughts about Venus and Serena as they developed in their careers.

Of course, I enjoyed hearing Ashe's thoughts about anything at all. In my mind Arthur Ashe transcends tennis. He was a great man even more than a great tennis player.

RAA
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:37 PM
viggen, why do you think Serena's playing in Qatar? Tennis is just her cover for being in the middle east, and during the night after her matches U.S. military intel is going to be shuttling her over the border for secret operations in Yemen. But of course the WTA isn't going to announce THAT in its press release!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bezz
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Didnt serena just sign a multi-million dollar contract with nike?, she wont be retiring for at least another 5 years, not unless she wants a huge legal bill. :cool:

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I see the vultures has decended upon this thread....and you wonder why people of color don't trust you.

Your not talking about us? Are you? You know the lovable
J2H supporters. We are all housebroken. Well..except for
Viggen who seems to miss the "litter box" every now and
again, if you know what I mean? He's Canadian which
is enough of an explanation for everything. ;)

Vultures? I just can't see it? Us? Been called everything
from supporters of Satan's tennis player to a third rate 80's
tribute parodists; but Vultures? Nah. :)

"Everybody have fun tonight...Everybody ALLEZ tonight!"

bigshow21
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Jennifer Capriati is the greatest tennis player ever!

Good Luck!!!

pigam
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Maybe she's getting some deals in Belgian movies? ;)

Belgian movies ! :lol: :haha: :haha: OMG Guess she has to start practising her Flemish curses, then.
GODVERDOMME
GODVERMILJAARDE MILJAARDE MILJAARDE VERDJU!!
Oh, and try the Antwerp accent, Serena, helps if you want a role in one of our absolute 'top-movies'...

Aaaah... "'t Veroal van 'n 'éte tennisgriet. Vergeet verdomme Seriena Williejams niet!" :haha:
Go Serena!

Alan
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:20 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Volcana
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I agree with you. :)
Drink sulphuric acid. Your family will rejoice.

paellapan
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Drink sulphuric acid. Your family will rejoice.

what happened to the good old taking a walk in the middle of the autostrada ? :eek: :p

Serendy Willick
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Jennifer Capriati is the greatest tennis player ever!

Good Luck!!!

We do not care, thank you.

venusfan
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Serena will probably retire early than we think. The showbiz as open up and she will have a lead role soon with New line Productions. Since she has knee surgery she has had a lot of showbiz endeavor. I think the knee surgery thing is probably a cover up so she can so showbiz activities. She probably can not practise a lot so she was not fit enough to compete so she withdraw most of the tournament. We all need to prepare for this because Serena will probably have 1-2 years then she will retire. Everybody gets ready because tennis will be extremely boring when the Williams sister is gone. Enjoy them while it last because it wont be long. All the haters you will cry when they leave and will begs them to return and they will not return. Venus has the interior desighn business that is booming and Serena will be a fultime actress.
She will retire soon but she just signed a shoe contact with Nike for at least 5 years?

harloo
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I think Serena is going through a phase right now where she is still trying to get over the death of her sister. It has not been long enough for her. Her and Yetunde were probably closer because Serena depended on her moreso in Venus being that she lives in LA.

Serena will come back to the tour, but that will be when she's ready. And as a fan I think that's the best decision she can make. She's doing what she feel she needs to do right now to be away from the circuit and that's good for her.

Serena is getting alot of acting gigs because of not only who she is, but her personality and overall appeal. So all the hating won't change the fact.

Face it people, when the Williams leave the game you won't have anything to talk about whether it be negative(which is the case most of the time) or positive. Noone cares if Justine dominate but people in Belguim and her fans.:lol:

pigam
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Noone cares if Justine dominate but people in Belguim and her fans.:lol:
And maybe little old you :lol: :o Or are you a Justine fan :eek: :bolt:

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm expecting an announcement any day now about Serena and her retirement from the game of tennis.

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I'm a huge fan of Venus. I appreciate what Venus and Serena has done for tennis. Martina Hingis, Steffi Graf and all of the women and men who came before and after could not do for tennis what Serena and Venus has done for it, but all they get is critism and blatant hatred from racist people who can't seem to look past their skin color and see the blatant talent that they possess. If venus and serena were appreciated more maybe they would be more inclined to play. Although I appreciate and love Serena and Venus's presance on the Wta tour I would love to see them both retire today. Without them the wta would break down faster that Justine Henin's backhand against venus williams's!!! :TAPE: WITHOUT SERENA AND VENUS THE WTA WOULD BE NOTHING!! NOBODY WILL CARE TO WATCH TENNIS IN GENERAL, THE MEN'S GAME WOULD SUFFER ALSO!! WITHOUT V&S SPONSORS WILL BE RUNNING AWAY FOR TENNIS FASTER THAN MARTINA HINGIS RAN AWAY FROM PENDING BEATDOWNS BY VENUS AND SERENA!! :TAPE:

for-sure
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:09 PM

"An interior design business that is booming" (lol, and my tennis career is booming too lol)

" Serena will be a fultime actress" (Yes, Hollywood needs more half-ass no-talent rich actresses)

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:11 PM
for-sure,
Thanks for the post. I don't like the Williams sisters either. :)

for-sure
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:17 PM
A part of me hopes that both venus and serena quit tennis. Because if they do, by by a lot of american sponsorship dollars, allowing them to have the ultimate revenge, for all that they've had to put up with from the tennis community. :tape: :fiery:

Revenge? Against Who?
The WTA tour?
The Tour who MADE Venus and Serena Williams?
The Tour that showcased their talent to the world?
The Tour that GAVE them millions for running around court and hitting a ball?
The SISTERS would be NOTHING without tennis or the WTA TOUR.
IT would be sad if the Words 'revenge' even entered their mind upon leaving the sport.

TENNIS existed before the Williams sisters and IT will AFTER the Williams sisters. IT will have new stars and new personalities.

Pureracket
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:24 PM
for-sure,
Nice post.

apoet29
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
for-sure,
Nice post.
Pureracket, after reading your signature, I made tha assumption that you are a Williams fan; however, you seem to have tremendous hatred for the sisters, so what gives with the signature?

bandabou
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I think Serena is going through a phase right now where she is still trying to get over the death of her sister. It has not been long enough for her. Her and Yetunde were probably closer because Serena depended on her moreso in Venus being that she lives in LA.

Serena will come back to the tour, but that will be when she's ready. And as a fan I think that's the best decision she can make. She's doing what she feel she needs to do right now to be away from the circuit and that's good for her.

Serena is getting alot of acting gigs because of not only who she is, but her personality and overall appeal. So all the hating won't change the fact.

Face it people, when the Williams leave the game you won't have anything to talk about whether it be negative(which is the case most of the time) or positive. Noone cares if Justine dominate but people in Belguim and her fans.:lol:

You said it!