PDA

View Full Version : Serena vs Anna K - Because SI made it so damn easy (and I think I just fell in love)

Volcana
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM
http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/athletes/popups/serena01b.jpg

Serena vs Anna K

http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/athletes/popups/kour07b.jpg

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Serena easily, gotta have something to hold on to.

Havok
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Kournikova. easiest poll ever:drool:

Gowza
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:55 AM
they both look good but im a blonde man so i have to go with kournikova.

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:05 AM
im selfish. i need both.

what i want to know is why doesnt venus get in on this?

Havok
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:11 AM
because she wasnt in the swimsuit edition;)

ys
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Serena. I would almost always take Anna over Serena. But I do not like this picture of Anna. Here she looks like a prepubescent schoolgirl.

faboozadoo15
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Serena. I would almost always take Anna over Serena. But I do not like this picture of Anna. Here she looks like a prepubescent schoolgirl.
where are you from???

ys
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:26 AM
where are you from???
Now - from USA. Before that - from RSA. Before that - from Russia. Before that - from USSR. Before that - from my mother. Before that, I can't say.. What do you mean?

j_dementieva27
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:33 AM
anna k.. hands down

serenas what i like to call a "butta face"

vs1
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:41 AM
SERENA HANDS DOWN!!! :hearts: :hearts:

Infiniti2001
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Are women allowed to vote in this poll?? Anyway, while I don't particularly like this pic of Serena , I'd definitely pick her womanly body. I'm sorry, Anna looks like a little girl in this pic-- then again it's this look which has made her so famous over the years.

P.S. the photographer who took those pics should be fired or should never be able to work again :rolleyes:

arcus
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:07 AM
As sexy as they both look, I think that they would both look better if they got off of their curvy asses and hit some tennis balls in real pro tennis tournaments.

Volcana
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Are women allowed to vote in this poll?
I should hope so!

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Are women allowed to vote in this poll?? Anyway, while I don't particularly like this pic of Serena , I'd definitely pick her womanly body. I'm sorry, Anna looks like a little girl in this pic-- then again it's this look which has made her so famous over the years.

P.S. the photographer who took those pics should be fired or should never be able to work again :rolleyes:
the photographer, the make-up artist, and the stylist all did a horrible job.

there are only two decent swimsuits: the orange serena has on and the grey anna has on in the bridge pose shes doing. black and white swimsuits? how boring. colors are all over the place this year. usually i get my swimsuit ideas from SI but it appears that wont be happening this time...

Diya
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Duh ! No contest ..............Anna

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Both pictures are really bad. :tape:

SerialKiller#69
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:47 AM
They both look horrible. :tape:

SerialKiller#69
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Serena looks like a typical extra in P Diddy's videos. And Anna....:sad:

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Serena looks like a typical extra in P Diddy's videos. And Anna....:sad:
The extras in P. Diddy's videos are :drool:

Sam L
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:57 AM
im selfish. i need both.

what i want to know is why doesnt venus get in on this?
Venus would blow both out of the water.

blerr
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Anna is way more gorgeous than Serena.....and Venus is not nice lookin' at all I think, as well!!

skanky~skanketta
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:11 AM
both the faces dont look good at all!serena looks like a whore!its the damn hair!!anna looks like a 14 year old!

but i love serena's pose and bikini!

dreamgoddess099
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:14 AM
This is a contest between a woman with a shapely body (like a woman's body should be), and a little girl with the curves of a little boy. Just go a head and write pedophile on your forehead.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Serena...gotta go for the curves....although I do agree with another poster: Better start playing some tennis again.

ys
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:21 AM
im selfish. i need both.

Me too. I would go for all three.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:32 AM
This is a contest between a woman with a shapely body (like a woman's body should be), and a little girl with the curves of a little boy. Just go a head and write pedophile on your forehead.
At least she doesn't look like a boy with a wig. I was about to write something about looking like a whore but I wouldn't droop down to your level.:rolleyes: :fiery:

Both girls have looked better in other photo sessions.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:54 AM
At least she doesn't look like a boy with a wig. I was about to write something about looking like a whore but I wouldn't droop down to your level.:rolleyes: :fiery:

Both girls have looked better in other photo sessions.

You were about to huh??
:rolleyes:

Tompier
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Not the bes pictures but ANNA is my favourite off court ;)

G_Slammed
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Why should Serena's competetion be limited to this ... Anna??

Give Rena some real competetion for once, don't diss her in this way. May I suggest someone who possesses similar qualities. Someone on Rena's levels. I hear the lovely Roshumba Williams did this SI issue. Let's get the walking amber-alert out, and Roz in..

tenn_ace
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Anna. I just prefer real hair.

lee station
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Serena the ballerina :)
http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1042911492587_2003/01/23/24200serenaafp,0.jpg

fleemkeģ
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I don't like Anna's expression on her face :confused:

This picture is better

http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2004/februari/anna_si.jpg

but based on the pics .. I'll go for Serena :)

servenrichie
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Both girls have looked better in other photo sessions.Boy, going from your post, I deduce you must a very fat boy with a large breast. I have never seen a boy with such huge boobs, but then I have not seen you yet :eek:

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:52 PM
How can anyone look at those two pics and choose Anna K. over Serena!!??
Serena is a delicious, full bodied black woman(just the way I like 'em), while Anna looks like Daniela Hantuchova after puberty *say what..!!???* Danni has already been through puberty!!?? OMG!!

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I'm not a fan of either, but I far prefer a willowy body to a overblown body. But, you know that is just my preference. Others like extremely voluptous bodies. We can all express our opinions, but I don't see the need to make derrogatory comments about either girl........ or to make derrogatory comments about people who aren't even brought up for discussion. That just seems to be common decency and respect.

aNYthing
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:12 PM
OMG Serena with out a doubt! :hearts:

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:13 PM
As sexy as they both look, I think that they would both look better if they got off of their curvy asses and hit some tennis balls in real pro tennis tournaments.

AMEN!

Ballbuster
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:20 PM
SERENA!

by a mile. Anna don't have any tits and azz and she's heavily airbrushed.

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Anna by a mile because she has beautiful breasts and hair.

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:41 PM
they are both gorgeous women in different ways.

it's hard to choose. Serena has THE best body in tennis :drool: and Anna is just a stunner.

and all those negative comments about the way they look (in general, not in the pictures) are just from ugly people :)

Crazy_Fool
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:44 PM
they are both gorgeous women in different ways.

it's hard to choose. Serena has THE best body in tennis :drool: and Anna is just a stunner.

and all those negative comments about the way they look (in general, not in the pictures) are just from ugly people :)
Or haters ;)

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Or haters ;)
or haters...or people who just don't appreciate the beauty of sexy women :)

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Perfect post SJW. I totally agree. Both Serena and Anna are beautiful in different ways. I am glad to see that SI is recognizing that beauty comes in different forms, and that there is not one standard of beauty anymore (i.e. blond hair and blue eyes).

I don't think Anna looks anorexic at all. Dani is anorexic as anyone who has seen photos of her practices can attest, but Anna is not. She is thinner than she was in her playing days, but that is too be expected. She certainly doesn't look like a adolescent boy to me.

For my money, I would pick Serena. I think women with curvy bodies are beautiful and Serena appeals to me in that way.

BTW, both ladies highlight/dye their hair. It is not a big deal and certainly not something that should impact anyone's judgment of them.

venusfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:02 PM
No competition, Serena hand down. She has all the curves and look much more like a woman. Anna is a nice person and all but that 14yr Lolita look does nothing for me, probably if I pass Anna on the street I would not turn around to look back at her. But Serena, I would sure turn around because she has the body that can give me an healthy Tyrone,Rasheen,Aysisia,Shaniqua and don't forget litte JJ

Glenn
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Duh, Anna.
Why else is Anna the most popular sportswoman without even playing tennis?

supah-fly
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Most everyone who is voting for Serena is posting, because all they can do is talk!!!

Like they say....A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!!!.....us people in the free world can see the reality.

Look at the poll, you'll really see who looks better, AND IS BETTER!!!
Anna is BLOWING serena out of the water!!!
Let's talk about body fat.........hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Please Serena's pics are totally Anna-wannabe's......but guess what.....NEVER!

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Most everyone who is voting for Serena is posting, because all they can do is talk!!!

Like they say....A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!!!.....us people in the free world can see the reality.

Oh yippee! We have yet another newbie who enjoys slagging off on someone. :fiery: Anyone with a brain can look at Serena and see that she does not have any body fat. You like Anna better and that is cool, but at least have the decency not to slam Serena in the process.

Better yet, post your pic and let us see if it is worth a thousand words.:tape:

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Duh, Anna.
Why else is Anna the most popular sportswoman without even playing tennis?postmodernisation.

the media think she is very pretty, i think she's very pretty, but in a different way. not because she has blonde hair and blue eyes. historically, the media generally tells us that thin girls with these features are what constitutes "beautiful". she IS beautiful, but there's a lot of hype about a thin girl with blonde hair and blue eyes who can also play which DOES add to the interest surrounding her...if she was a model, i don't think the spotlight would be so intense.

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:21 PM

you're right, let's talk about body fat.

Serena has how much?
you have HOW MUCH?

don't hate :cool:

alfonsojose
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Perfect conbination : Serena with Kourni's face.

alfajeffster
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
It's obvious that Serena Williams is more woman than most men could possibly imagine handling. Anna Kournikova is more woman than most men could possibly imagine. They are both beautiful and powerful girls in very different ways. Celebrate their diversity!

fleemkeģ
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:43 PM
http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/athletes/popups/kour03b.jpg

http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/athletes/popups/kour01b.jpg

lizchris
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM
HAHAHA Serena's fans are so pathetic. She's ugly as all hell, she doesn't compare to Myskina or Schiavone, not to anyone really, especially Kournikova!
Myskina looks like Olive Oyl and don't get me started on Schiavone.

The fact that SI decided to use mroe of Serena's pictures tells me that they apprecaited the way she looks in a bathing suit than Anna (whose boobs looks fake to me), so Serena all the way.

G_Slammed
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Vol... have you considered my Roshumba Williams suggestion. Let's have us a real contest.

G_Slammed
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Williams (Serena) vs. Williams (Roshumba)

... Give the people what they want.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:17 PM
No need to put down anna or serena!

Both should come back on the tennis court.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Anna Kournikova by a million miles...but Serena looks good also...

and by the way, in the annak thread posted on this board about her SI pics, there were only 3 pics posted, but there were actually a few more in the magazine that are MORE SEXY than the ones posted on this board...

G_Slammed
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Be real Canadian...

Serena.. SERENA WILL be back on the court.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Wow, considering how popular is....the poll result is closer that Iīd expected. Glad to see that Serena is finally putting some sense in the peopleīs minds!

SJW
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:22 PM
the poll is a lot closer than i expected too

what's going on? :eek:

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Anna has gorgeous legs in that picture where she is lying down.

Anna's breasts don't look fake to me.

Hell, if they were, I'd buy them. ;)

Belgium = Best
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Anna Kournikova

:wavey:

mandy7
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Anna.....DUH!

the cat
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Come on Miss Love, you've got to choose one, Anna or Serena. And I also wonder why Venus gets left out of this. She would be an apropos addition as would Alla Kournikova! :bounce: :hearts: :kiss:

katrientje
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Anna Kournikova by a million miles...but Serena looks good also...

and by the way, in the annak thread posted on this board about her SI pics, there were only 3 pics posted, but there were actually a few more in the magazine that are MORE SEXY than the ones posted on this board...
I've posted them now, in the Anna-SI - thread. Are those the ones you mean??

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Come on Miss Love, you've got to choose one, Anna or Serena. And I also wonder why Venus gets left out of this. She would be an apropos addition as would Alla Kournikova! :bounce: :hearts: :kiss:
Kitty Cat owes me an email. :devil:

Ahh, leave Miss Love alone. If she likes both equally, that is cool. Both ladies, I think, are equal in beauty anyway.

I'm sure that Venus was asked, but I get the impression that she is content to leave the spotlight to her sister these days.

I can't believe that you are still going on about Alla Kournikova! :p She is an attractive woman, but I would never call her swimsuit model material. Alla doesn't compare to her daughter or Serena and she most certainly doesn't compare to the other models in the issue. :eek:

Bероника
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Serena because she has the better body

Circe
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Well both pictures are airbrushed so that's not much of a distinguishing factor.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:55 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19550

http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19554

http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19551

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:05 PM

The fact that SI decided to use mroe of Serena's pictures tells me that they apprecaited the way she looks in a bathing suit than Anna (whose boobs looks fake to me), so Serena all the way.
where did you see that SI used more serena pictures than anna pictures?

if it was the case of them appreciating serenas looks to annas, then why is "we've got anna" on the cover? thats just silly, liz.

anyway, both women are beautiful in their own way... and these pictures dont do either of them any justice. i wish venus wouldve been in this...

anna boobs are real, btw... i dunno what looks fake about them, as they are rather small.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Anna.....DUH!

Whatīs even more astonishing: Whereīs Dani?! :shrug: ;)

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM

if it was the case of them appreciating serenas looks to annas, then why is "we've got anna" on the cover? thats just silly, liz.

anyway, both women are beautiful in their own way... and these pictures dont do either of them any justice. i wish venus wouldve been in this...

anna boobs are real, btw... i dunno what looks fake about them, as they are rather small.

Blah blah blah.....but comparing Serena to Myskina does her justice?!

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM
where did you see me comparing serena to myskina?

people have their own definition of beauty. i dunno why others cant accept that.

sartrista7
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Nastya is gorgeous. Better looking than Serena and Anna put together.

(Neither Serena nor Anna are at their best in this shoot, it's tacky lad's-mag wank fodder. Ugh.)

FLL
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:21 PM

Are you kidding.. Anna has small-average breast and they are fare from beeing fake... With her body, if she would have fake boobs, they would probably look like Serena who are perfect fer HER body...

Infiniti2001
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Nastya is gorgeous. Better looking than Serena and Anna put together..

I usually appreciate your commentary , but gotta disagree here :eek: :tape:

(Neither Serena nor Anna are at their best in this shoot, it's tacky lad's-mag wank fodder. Ugh

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:27 PM

(Neither Serena nor Anna are at their best in this shoot, it's tacky lad's-mag wank fodder. Ugh.)

:tape:

sartrista7
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:32 PM
I don't know why that's so hard to comprehend! If it weren't for Serena's tits and ass no one would give her a second glance (and she has awful hair); meanwhile, Anna looks like a thin young female version of Boris Yeltsin. Nastya has wonderful cheekbones, gorgeous eyes and overall, a really exotic elegant beauty which = RAHR.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I don't know why that's so hard to comprehend! If it weren't for Serena's tits and ass no one would give her a second glance (and she has awful hair); meanwhile, Anna looks like a thin young female version of Boris Yeltsin. Nastya has wonderful cheekbones, gorgeous eyes and overall, a really exotic elegant beauty which = RAHR.

I notice you didn't mention beautiful smile. Myskina is just as skinny as Kournikova. Anna looks WAY better than her.

the cat
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:37 PM
You know who I'd love to see in the Sport's Illustrated swimsuit issue? The extremely leggacious Elena Dementieva and Tatiana Grigorieva. :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: :worship:

I'll get to that email right now, apoet. :kiss:

sartrista7
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Actually, I find Nastya's smile really sweet. She's obviously really sensitive about the teeth and always seems to make a conscious effort not to smile... but when she's so happy that she can't help it, it's like "awww, bless". Anyway, if she keeps her mouth shut she's gorgeous. I guess I like her because she looks different to the normal standard of beauty (which both Serena and Anna fit into).

Personally, I don't see the need for comments like "[my favourite player] looks like a REAL woman" - that's horribly misogynistic. You may not find Serena/Anna/Nastya/whoever attractive... but they all look like real women.

Dawn Marie
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Venus would blow everyone out of the water, especially with her long legs.

Remember this is a SWIMSUIT competition.

Anyway, I think Serena looks the best because of the orange suit and her brown skin. She looks better in the swimsuit.

Anna looks like a little girl, these are actually bad pics of her imho.

If u are modeling a swimsuit u have to have a body and Anna doesn't fill the suit out right.

lizchris
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM

I heard it on the news here in NYC.

You can tell by the clevage if a woman's breasts are real. Serena's are real because they do not have a abnormal space between them. Anna's does in the pictures I have seen of her. I might be wrong, but that is how they look.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:58 PM

You do realise that what youīre saying sounds like: If a cow wasnīt giving milk, no one would look after her or that if a chicken wasnīt laying eggs, no one would care for her.

Hello!! Women are SUPPOSED to have tits and ass!! Thatīs why they are called women!

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:02 PM

:haha::rolls: What can I do with a girl who canīt even smile?! :shrug: :haha:

Honey, come watch this cartoon. Itīs sooooo funny!! But then Iīve to tell her: Ooooppps, hon..no,no..better keep the mouth shut! Ainīt a life, if I canīt watch my girl smile because her tooth are all messed up.

sartrista7
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Hello!! Women are SUPPOSED to have tits and ass!! Thatīs why they are called women!

Well... they all do have tits and ass. Some women have bigger tits and ass than others - doesn't make them any more real. Some people like women with big tits, some like women with small tits; no need to say that either isn't a "real woman".

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I heard it on the news here in NYC.

You can tell by the clevage if a woman's breasts are real. Serena's are real because they do not have a abnormal space between them. Anna's does in the pictures I have seen of her. I might be wrong, but that is how they look.
yes, you are wrong.

cleavage is no way of telling who has real breasts or no.
asides, serena's cleavage and anna's cleavage are going to look completely different since serena's got a much larger chest.

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:07 PM
if you want to throw that ridiculous comment in... let me throw in this:

both anna and serena arent real ladies cos they are both completely lacking hips. both serena and anna have very athletic bodies, more manly than womanly.

see how stupid that is?

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Well... they all do have tits and ass. Some women have bigger tits and ass than others - doesn't make them any more real. Some people like women with big tits, some like women with small tits; no need to say that either isn't a "real woman".

No problemo...never said anything about real women though.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:15 PM
if you want to throw that ridiculous comment in... let me throw in this:

both anna and serena arent real ladies cos they are both completely lacking hips. both serena and anna have very athletic bodies, more manly than womanly.

see how stupid that is?

No problem...Iīll take the tits and the ass. ;)

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I can't believe that I am going to get into this conversation, but here goes. I have looked at some old pics of Anna's compared with these new pics. Anna's breasts, in as far as I can tell, are real. They are not big breasts to begin with and don't look as though as they have had any augmentation. For instance, when Mariah Carey emerged as a singer, she was small chested and after her divorce, these huge boobs emerged. That is a clear case of augmentation. I don't think Anna has had any surgery and in case anyone decides to make a case of it, neither has Serena who has been a brickhouse since she emerged on the tour in 1999.

As far as the argument about beauty, I think people need to remember that there is not one type of beauty. Women comes in all shapes and sizes and the fact that those differences are now just beginning to be embraced is beautiful to me. That is why I don't understand people who cling to one stereotype of beauty, whether it is blonde hair and blue eyes or rounded curves, and then strongly deny that any other type of beauty exists. Why can't we embrace both Serena and Anna as great examples of the female body? Why can't we look at the more exotic beauties like Myskina or Rubin and embrace them as well? I don't understand that type of thinking. It is no wonder then that so many women have hangups about their looks, including yours truly here. They don't feel embraced so they go to extremes like plastic surgery, etc.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:20 PM
The only thing exotic about Myskina is her teeth really....although if it werenīt for the teeth, she would be a looker.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I can't believe that I am going to get into this conversation, but here goes. I have looked at some old pics of Anna's compared with these new pics. Anna's breasts, in as far as I can tell, are real. They are not big breasts to begin with and don't look as though as they have had any augmentation. For instance, when Mariah Carey emerged as a singer, she was small chested and after her divorce, these huge boobs emerged. That is a clear case of augmentation. I don't think Anna has had any surgery and in case anyone decides to make a case of it, neither has Serena who has been a brickhouse since she emerged on the tour in 1999.

As far as the argument about beauty, I think people need to remember that there is not one type of beauty. Women comes in all shapes and sizes and the fact that those differences are now just beginning to be embraced is beautiful to me. That is why I don't understand people who cling to one stereotype of beauty, whether it is blonde hair and blue eyes or rounded curves, and then strongly deny that any other type of beauty exists. Why can't we embrace both Serena and Anna as great examples of the female body? Why can't we look at the more exotic beauties like Myskina or Rubin and embrace them as well? I don't understand that type of thinking. It is no wonder then that so many women have hangups about their looks, including yours truly here. They don't feel embraced so they go to extremes like plastic surgery, etc.
:worship: :worship:

one of the best posts ive ever read

lizchris
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:28 PM
yes, you are wrong.

asides, serena's cleavage and anna's cleavage are going to look completely different since serena's got a much larger chest.
Then you need to look at the Howard Stern show. There are a lot of fake boobs on that show. That is how I have been able to discren who has real ones and who does not.

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:30 PM
The only thing exotic about Myskina is her teeth really....although if it werenīt for the teeth, she would be a looker.
I can't believe that you would make fun of someone's teeth! :mad: What kind of comment is that to make? Every person has some sort of flaw, and no one is perfect looking. So what is Myskina has a bad tooth or two? It shouldn't detract from her beauty or charm in any way. To me, Myskina is a very pretty girl with a unique charm all her own.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where we tend to look at flaws more than a person's good points, but to each their own.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I can't believe that you would make fun of someone's teeth! :mad: What kind of comment is that to make? Every person has some sort of flaw, and no one is perfect looking. So what is Myskina has a bad tooth or two? It shouldn't detract from her beauty or charm in any way. To me, Myskina is a very pretty girl with a unique charm all her own.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where we tend to look at flaws more than a person's good points, but to each their own.

Someoneīs mistaken....I DO look at the good points of a person, but sartrista started to make fun of Serena....

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Someoneīs mistaken....I DO look at the good points of a person, but sartrista started to make fun of Serena....
Actually, Satrista makes fun of both Serena and Anna. In fact, I think Anna got it worse because calling someone a "thin, young version of Boris Yeltsin" is probably the worst putdown I've read in some time.:eek:

Either way, both you and Satrista are wrong. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but to put down someone because they don't fit into your stereotype is wrong. Besides, just because Satrista put down Serena doesn't make your putting down Myskina any more right. Ever hear the expression if everyone jumped off of a bridge, would you? That cliche fits this situation perfectly.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you look at the good points of a person. Good for you.:)

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:48 PM
:worship: :worship:

one of the best posts ive ever read
I don't know about that. There are some very intelligent people on this board and I guarantee you that you will read far better posts than this.

But thank you all the same. :wavey:

Martian KC
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Anna! Anna! Anna!

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Actually, Satrista makes fun of both Serena and Anna. In fact, I think Anna got it worse because calling someone a "thin, young version of Boris Yeltsin" is probably the worst putdown I've read in some time.:eek:

Either way, both you and Satrista are wrong. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but to put down someone because they don't fit into your stereotype is wrong. Besides, just because Satrista put down Serena doesn't make your putting down Myskina any more right. Ever hear the expression if everyone jumped off of a bridge, would you? That cliche fits this situation perfectly.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you look at the good points of a person. Good for you.:)

:yeah:

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Then you need to look at the Howard Stern show. There are a lot of fake boobs on that show. That is how I have been able to discren who has real ones and who does not.
im a porn expert... i dont need to watch howard stern to see fake titties.

anna DOESNT have fake boobs. find something else to pick on.

lizchris
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:00 PM

I am not picking on her, just stating an opinion. If I wanted to pick on her , I would talk about how she has yet to win a singles title on the WTA tour.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I don't think her titties are fake. Unless she got them when she was 14 years old.

apoet29
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:03 PM

I have no idea why, but for some reason, this post made me laugh my ass off! :worship:

Rocketta
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I have no idea why, but for some reason, this post made me laugh my ass off! :worship:
I think it was the porn expert part...;) :hehehe:

*JR*
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:52 PM
I have no objection to swimsuit pics. Nor to pro athletes posing for them. But I've long Thought That Sports Illustrated should cover.... sports! :rolleyes:

Roddick_tease
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I'm boggled. Williams fans are so pathetic. When you mention Serena Williams to anyone who isn't a hardcore tennis fan, the first thing they comment on, without fail, is how manly she is. It's just a fact of life and Williams fans know it, too.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:11 PM
I'm boggled. Williams fans are so pathetic. When you mention Serena Williams to anyone who isn't a hardcore tennis fan, the first thing they comment on, without fail, is how manly she is. It's just a fact of life and Williams fans know it, too.

Maybe from where you come from, and where do you come from again??

Dava
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM
I like Annas more, but then i Would LOL

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:29 PM
yes, you are wrong.

Yeah... this is really misguided. I have a friend who has rather large breasts (larger than Anna's for sure) and absolutely NO cleveage because there is so much space between her breasts. I know her breasts are not augmented. It's no indicator.

Roddick_tease
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I come from one of the most liberated college campuses in the country, jack.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:35 PM
I come from one of the most liberated college campuses in the country, jack.

I didn't think you had the balls to tell where you come from.

Roddick_tease
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Oh Knizzle, you're so amusingly stupid. First you attack my masculinity by saying I don't have "balls" (event though, on an arbitrary gender continuum, I'd identify as feminine) somewhere in the midst of your 5,000 posts (which suggests that your social life is, well, you figure it out). However, there is no need for you to know exactly where I live but I will say it's not in the south and it's at a huge public college. When you explain exactly what that has to do with people thinking that Serena, having more muscles than most men, looks manly, please tell me.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:41 PM
I dunno..i would much rather see jennifer capriati in a BIKINI and Martina Navratilova in a Thong for playgirl :hearts: :kiss:

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Oh Knizzle, you're so amusingly stupid. First you attack my masculinity by saying I don't have "balls" (event though, on an arbitrary gender continuum, I'd identify as feminine) somewhere in the midst of your 5,000 posts (which suggests that your social life is, well, you figure it out). However, there is no need for you to know exactly where I live but I will say it's not in the south and it's at a huge public college. When you explain exactly what that has to do with people thinking that Serena, having more muscles than most men, looks manly, please tell me.

"Balls" is a figure of speech, whether you are male or female makes no difference. Serena does not have more muscles than most men. Who said you lived in the south?? :confused:

I see you are still afraid to say where these people are that supposedly say that Serena is manly. So the only thing to do is assume that you fabricated the whole thing.

Lucy
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:47 PM
http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/athletes/popups/serena03b.jpg

Lucy
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM
http://annaforever.com/Vidcaps/2004/spiketv_si-swimsuit/spiketv_si-swimsuit4.JPG
http://annaforever.com/Vidcaps/2004/spiketv_si-swimsuit/spiketv_si-swimsuit9.JPG

saki
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I think both women are drop dead gorgeous although the photographs don't do either of them justice. I do think, though, that Anna looks better in clothes - not that she doesn't have a great body, but somehow she's sexier when you can only see glimpses of it under clothing than when it's virtually all on show.

NicoMary
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Kournikova is the n°1 in the world.........................for her beauty:hearts:

Circe
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:19 PM
It's really quite ridiculous to say Anna has fake boobs. Wouldn't they be...umm, I dunno...bigger?

That cleavage thing doesn't cut much ice with me either. Not logical. Besides, we should all respect the opinion of the porn expert ;)

G_Slammed
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Posting a picture of Anna's deflated buttcheeks does nothing but cause laughter.

Anna fans, stop deceiving yourselves and play up Anna's best attribute... that would be her long blonde hair.

I'm still waiting on the Serena vs. Roshumba poll..

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I think serena looks terrible, and anna does look like a little girl.. and i also don't think serena has any business appearing in SI: swimsuit, what happened to it being models or the typical anna k's.. no serena's..

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I think serena looks terrible, and anna does look like a little girl.. and i also don't think serena has any business appearing in SI: swimsuit, what happened to it being models or the typical anna k's.. no serena's..
So let me get this right, SI:Swimsuit is for skinny white women only? Anyone else need not apply, huh?

decemberlove
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:47 PM
well, considering it is SPORTS illustrated, it would make sense for them to have some athletes in there, as well.

SI is really terrible this year. two years ago it was a good issue... a nice amount of diversity, pretty bathing suits, decent photography. this year [exclusing the athletes] its two blacks, two latinas, and the rest are boring blonde girls... such plain janes. the photography shitty and the bathing suits ordinary.

DunkMachine
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:26 PM
well, considering it is SPORTS illustrated, it would make sense for them to have some athletes in there, as well.

SI is really terrible this year. two years ago it was a good issue... a nice amount of diversity, pretty bathing suits, decent photography. this year [exclusing the athletes] its two blacks, two latinas, and the rest are boring blonde girls... such plain janes. the photography shitty and the bathing suits ordinary.
I agree, the pictures of both ladies were totally unattractive.

the cat
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Miss Love, the extremely cultural, well spoken and beautiful Veronica Varekova, Petra Nemcova and Molly Sims are plain Janes? :confused: Um..er..ok. ;) :hearts:

Rocketta, believe iit or not Sports Illustrated has made strides in the diversity department where their swimsuit issue is concerned. The diversity situation back in the 1980's was worse than it is today.

Justinefan, their is plenty of room for the extremely shapely Serena Williams in the swimsuit issue. Afterall Serena has a more realistic healthy physique than the ultra slender fashion models do.

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Hey the cat! :wavey:

I know SI is a lot better than they use to be........but there's still room for improvement and luckily they are not completely subscribing to Justinefan's fan way of thinking. :)

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:51 PM
So let me get this right, SI:Swimsuit is for skinny white women only? Anyone else need not apply, huh?

No moron, it's for attractive women of any race, you people think everything is about race, well it's not, so sorry. :rolleyes:

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Hey the cat! :wavey:

I know SI is a lot better than they use to be........but there's still room for improvement and luckily they are not completely subscribing to Justinefan's fan way of thinking. :)
i'm allowed to voice my opinion, and it is, Serena is not attractive.. so sorry if you disagree, but frankly i don't care.

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:54 PM
No moron, it's for attractive women of any race, you people think everything is about race, well it's not, so sorry. :rolleyes:
bullshit, you said it, "the typical anna k's" and you should stand by it..

You don't seem to have a problem with english if you meant attractive then you would've used that word instead of "typical anna k's" which would be skinny blonde white girl.

Whateva, back track now...

Oh and call me what you want, still doesn't change what you typed...:rolleyes:

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM
i'm allowed to voice my opinion, and it is, Serena is not attractive.. so sorry if you disagree, but frankly i don't care.
Where did I imply that you did care? :shrug:

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Well you sorry you took it that way, but that's not how i meant it. What I meant, Rocketta, by typical anna k's, is attractive athletes, and personally I'd rather see Venus, Venus is more attractive than Serena. But you can attack me as much as you like..
To anyone i offended by saying "typical anna k's" i did not mean skinny white girls, sorry if you took it that way, but that's not what i meant. I meant attractive people.

decemberlove
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Miss Love, the extremely cultural, well spoken and beautiful Veronica Varekova, Petra Nemcova and Molly Sims are plain Janes? :confused: Um..er..ok. ;) :hearts:

veronica is beautiful but she doesnt have any features that stand out.
same for petra.

i think molly sims has a great body but her face terrifies me. i cant look at her.

what happened to shakara [she was in SI two years ago, i believe] or why not adriana lima?

or someone not stick skinny... like melyssa ford.

SJW
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:07 PM
sorry, hold up...."you people"??

sounds like someone DOES have race issues :tape:

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Well you sorry you took it that way, but that's not how i meant it. What I meant, Rocketta, by typical anna k's, is attractive athletes, and personally I'd rather see Venus, Venus is more attractive than Serena. But you can attack me as much as you like..
To anyone i offended by saying "typical anna k's" i did not mean skinny white girls, sorry if you took it that way, but that's not what i meant. I meant attractive people.
Ok, if you say so...

but where did I attack you? :confused:

you called me a name I did not call you one. I questioned your opinion which is the purpose of a message board but I didn't attack you.

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:09 PM

you caught that, huh? :tape:

:lol:

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM

You people meaning people like you.. who are stupid and have some serious issues they need to get over..
Grow up..

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:11 PM
wow, you guys are really amazing..

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:18 PM
wow, you guys are really amazing..
the feeling is mutual..

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:19 PM
shocking.

SJW
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:20 PM
You people meaning people like you.. who are stupid and have some serious issues they need to get over..
Grow up..

sureeeeeeee!! :haha:

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Grow up..
ok, you call names and neg rep people who express their opinion without calling names but they need to grow up? :yeah:

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:26 PM
This is really ridiculous, sorry you guys took what I said to be racist, it certainly was not meant that way. Sorry to anyone who misunderstood what i said and took it the wrong way.

SJW
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:53 PM
no need to bad rep me for that Justine fan

you don't have to be such a little bitch

i just found it funny you hate race being brought into it, then said "you people".

you whiny lil f*cker

Justinefan
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:56 PM
yeah well what is you people supposed to mean?, and now i'm a whiny lil f*cker, so sad. and your one to call me a bitch

Madhuri
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Wow. Anna has no shape at all. She is straight up-and-down like a ruler. Usually models can disguise their lack of a shape with the right pose. They should have airbrushed Anna a waistline or something so she doesn't look like a boy.

SJW
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:59 PM
yeah well what is you people supposed to mean?, and now i'm a whiny lil f*cker, so sad. and your one to call me a bitch
are you totally ignorant? "you people" means what it means...and don't act like you don't know. you didn't want race brought into this, and you said "you people", so you're either dumb (likely) or just running scared that someone called you on it (very likely)

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:02 AM
well "you people" to me meant people like you, who think everything is about race, and it isn't. It's not a specific group of people who think that way, so my saying "you people" can't be labeled to a race. If you want to call me dumb go ahead, I was not saying it like that, so you can stop accusing me of it whenever.

mackiec4
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:06 AM
I just dont really see Serena as being that attractive...at least not attractive enough to be in that magazine. I think Venus has a much more natural beauty to her. I'm kinda surprised she wasn't in the magazine :scratch:

DunkMachine
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:26 AM
you people think everything is about race, well it's not, so sorry.:retard:
Thanks Mr. Bunker

DunkMachine
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:28 AM
well "you people" to me meant people like youYea we know what you mean, you mean "darkies". Thanks :p

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Yea we know what you mean, you mean "darkies". Thanks :p

No i mean assholes like them, are you asking to be added to the list? :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:40 AM
No i mean assholes like them, are you asking to be added to the list? :rolleyes:
whooo, now I know Dunk Machine is shaking, :scared: , in his boots! :lol:

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Rocketta, I seriously am sorry you took it that way, I really really did not intend for anyone to think i meant that. What do i have to do to prove it to you?

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Rocketta, I seriously am sorry you took it that way, I really really did not intend for anyone to think i meant that. What do i have to do to prove it to you?
just choose your words better next time, don't respond by calling names when you weren't called one, and the whole neg rep put down doesn't help your sincerity either.

Having said that, if you noticed I responded with "ok, if you say so" which means I'll take your word for it..

Frankly your Uber-defensiveness doesn't help either....Oh and just admit you meant "black people" or "black Williams fans" when you said "you people"....:hehehe: Nothing else really fits in that context and we all know it...

So, I'll believe your words that the Serena/anna post wasn't meant the way it came across but the you people thing that's way more ify...

Seles_Beckham
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Anna 10000000000 %%%%

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Well i will choose my words better, i Didn't realize they'd be taken in that context, b/c that is NOT what i meant, and if i can't convince you there is nothing else i can do, but i know what i meant and that's what matters. as for the bad rep, you weren't exactly being the nicest person ever. and "ok if you say so" doesn't really sound like you believe me.. so..

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:07 AM
justinefan it doesn't matter whether I believe you are not. I said ok which means I'll respect that you say you didn't mean it that way and will deal with you in the future based on that premise.

DunkMachine
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Not "the list", NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:08 AM
yeah okay

Justinefan
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Not "the list", NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
This argument is over with sorry if i somehow offended you, it has been resolved, goodnite

Serenan'vee
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Sounds like you guys all need to chill out a bit. Justinefan apologized and even tho her word choices were not great, she apologized she didn't mean that..So you guys should just accept it. and justinefan, watch the words next time, and just don't argue with them, it's not worth your time.

DunkMachine
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Sounds like you guys all need to chill out a bit. Justinefan apologized and even tho her word choices were not great, she apologized she didn't mean that..So you guys should just accept it. and justinefan, watch the words next time, and just don't argue with them, it's not worth your time.
:nerner:

SerialKiller#69
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM
It's a sickness.:)

:cat: meow meow!

the cat
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Hi Rocketta! :wavey: Yes, Sport's Illustrated has made model diversity improvements in their swimsuit issue over the years. But they still have a ways to go.

Miss Love, I disagree with you about Molly Sims. I think she's very pretty with a beautiful smile. :D But I agree with you about Shakara and Adriana Lima. :) And how about Alessandra Ambrosia for the Sport's Illustrated swimsuit issue? OMG! :hearts:

Experimentee
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:37 PM

So you are essentially saying a magazine should only include people who are attractive to you :rolleyes:
I'm sorry but the world does not revolve around you, and lots of people do find Serena attractive, while lots of people are sick of Anna K being everywhere and dont find her attractive at all. Everyone would be so bored if they just included all typical Anna K's like you suggested.

Experimentee
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:46 PM

Great post :worship:

Some people cant seem to appreciate that there are different kinds of beauty in the world :rolleyes:

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Well i will choose my words better, i Didn't realize they'd be taken in that context, b/c that is NOT what i meant, and if i can't convince you there is nothing else i can do, but i know what i meant and that's what matters. as for the bad rep, you weren't exactly being the nicest person ever. and "ok if you say so" doesn't really sound like you believe me.. so..
Ok.

I can't see into anybody's mind so I'm not ascribing any motivation to anyone, but as a NEUTRAL observer I'd just like to point out that saying "you people" will nearly always be offensive no matter at what group it is directed.

Also, don't EVER try to justify giving a negative rep when you are in an argument on the board. I can assure you that the person with whom you are arguing thinks that you also aren't being the "nicest person ever."

Frankly, I can't understand anyone giving negative reps. My favorite is when a name with no posts at all to his/her credit pops up on my user cp. Apparently there are poster obsessed with the negative rep thing.

lee station
Feb 14th, 2004, 05:33 PM
sorry, I'm in a pic-posting mood as of late
http://www.get-international.com/soulmateproductions/Angel_Heart-Dateien/Lisa_Bonet_Baby_1-282x425.jpg
:)
http://www.wildestwesterns.com/images/Audrey_Hepburn.JPG

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Gorgeous! Of course Audrey Hepurn to me, is the ideal of femininty. :)

I don't recognize the other beautiful woman in your post.

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Gorgeous! Of course Audrey Hepurn to me, is the ideal of femininty. :)

I don't recognize the other beautiful woman in your post.

Ever watch "The Cosby Show"

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Sure. After I posted that I was wondering if it was Bonet.

She's a very beautiful woman.

gentenaire
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:16 PM
My favourite colour is wine red. Anyone who has blue as favourite colour clearly has no taste, is stupid, has no social life and needs to get a clue! Blue is a cold colour, red is warm, and colours are supposed to be warm, duh!

K&J fan
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:18 PM
My favourite colour is wine red. Anyone who has blue as favourite colour clearly has no taste, is stupid, has no social life and needs to get a clue! Blue is a cold colour, red is warm, and colours are supposed to be warm, duh!
:lol: :lol:

how about purple ? :unsure:

lee station
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:36 PM
http://www.juergenwalzer.de/cosby/Lisa_Bonet_pics/images/a2bonet_jpg.jpg http://www.phm.gov.au/exhibits/archive/hepburn/img/hepburn_face.jpg

http://www.kinoweb.de/film98/EnemyOfTheState/pix/esd.jpg

http://www.actressgallery.com/lisabonet/pictures/017.jpg

http://starspage.com/celebs/classic_stars/audrey_hepburn/pictures/Images/audrey_hepburn24.jpg

http://musicalstore.caltanet.it/valentina/Galleria%20attrici/Audrey%20Hepburn/Audrey%20Hepburn%2027.jpg

starr
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:14 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/4084/audrey15.jpg

Martian KC
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Audrey Hepburn is the most beautiful creatuire that ever walked the face of this earth!:drool:

starr
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I think so too. :)