PDA

View Full Version : Venus promises to the trophy.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/gallery/20020217/mdf134109.html

Venus Williams: "Don't you worry, you are going to be mine in no time!! And we are going to be the best of friends!!"

So what happens if Venus or somebody else does take the trophy in the next four years, does that mean that there won't be no tournament, since there won't be no trophy, or will they make a new one??

Go Venus!!

Venus Williams World #1

Sounds good.

:)

nikita771
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:18 PM
I'm sure that they will create another trophy. I can't imagine that the tourmant's longevity would be based on how long it took someone to win it 3 out of 5 years.

veronica
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:44 PM
I'm in love with that too. I would have to take that tennis ball off it and make a hair clip then string that baby and play some serious tennis. I wonder what kind of racquet head speed I could generate with it? LOL!

Oh, and I would think this is a one of kind type thing. If someone wins it, they should just design a "normal" trophy.

Go Venus!

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Only two more years, Venus baby. Only two more years.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:56 PM
lol @ Veronica....

I can see Venus serving with it over 130 mph :eek: , :D

brickhousesupporter
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:16 PM
She looks likes she is in awe of the trophy. I just loved the picture so much I changed my avatar.

victory1
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Don't you know diamonds are a girl best friend!

Josh
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:10 AM
When somebody (Venus ;)) takes it home, they will make a new racquet. When the men's tournament was still held in Antwerp they had the same trophy and Lendl took it home once and so they created a new one.

Williams Rulez
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Go Venus!! Take it home! :D

moby
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:54 PM
No way!!!

*helping marti sign up for the next 3 years*

that trophy is marti's :D

Williams Rulez
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:02 PM
You wish! :p

Josh
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Venus said in an interview after the match : 'I could have lost that match but then I thought I had to win three more times. I wanted to win now so that only 2 more wins seperate me from taking home that trophy.' ;)

junkartist
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:10 PM
I love the way Venus is looking at the Trophy...she is spellbound..

Like she is thinking, "You are mine...all mine! You belong to me and only me!!!!" :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

tfannis
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:23 PM
I wonder...if Venus wins that throphy what would she do with it? It looks dangerous to keep it at home. I mean, all the money they earned is safely at the bank, but taking home a trophy of one million dollar, isn't that asking for trouble? I'm sure the house of Venus of any other player is well protected, but still, you never know.

Lendl won the racket; he put it in a safe and that's it.

itsallaboutinis
Feb 18th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I guess we can safely say she won't be retiring for at least two more years;)

Oh congrats to her and her fans:wavey: