PDA

View Full Version : Monica Seles Movie

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
do you think that one day there will be a movie made about the life of monica seles? i mean there's so many things that have happened that seem "movie quality" and the she's only 30...

im pretty sure that there will one day be a williams sisters movie, it's even been talked about, but i was just wondering how this would sound if i pitched it to ya.

jimbo mack
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:58 PM
i'd prefer to see a capriati movie myself

Ballbuster
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I'd prefer to see a Williams Sistahs movie and you can bet they will make one.

Hulet
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:08 PM
How about a combined movie of all three stories? Sort of just like the Hours. Hopefully, it won't be as boring.

darren cahill
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:09 PM
now that would rock! i'd want to be in it!:bounce:

AjdeNate!
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:15 PM
As much as I *LOVE* to see one - I doubt it. She's way too private to have an authorized biopic.

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:20 PM
As much as I *LOVE* to see one - I doubt it. She's way too private to have an authorized biopic.
that's true....

and i :eek: to see that ballbuster would rather see a williams movie... :rolleyes:

the idea of all three of them would be really cool. like the hours... and i didn't find it that boring :lol: but yea... i get what u mean.

Pamela Shriver
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:23 PM
There should be one of me first. HA, bet George could sort me out.... "From Tragedy to Even More Rubbishness: The Pamela Howard Story..."

Deimos
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Minnie Driver could play her. Monica, I mean.

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:29 PM
There should be one of me first. HA, bet George could sort me out.... "From Tragedy to Even More Rubbishness: The Pamela Howard Story..."
rotflmao!!!!

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Minnie Driver could play her. Monica, I mean.
i agree... u can look at her and never really tell her age. untimately, she couldn't do the whole thing... but i hate it when they switch ppl more than once throughout a movie.

Pamela Shriver
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:41 PM
"From Tragedy to Even More Rubbishness: The Pamela Howard Story..." What a WONDERFUL idea!*cough*

alfajeffster
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:56 PM
*cough*
Why does everyone hate Pam Shriver so much. She was the one commentator who could actually shut up Arthur Ashe's droning, complaining, whining style of tennis commentary!

Pamela Shriver
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Everyone hates me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! News to me!!?!?! :sad:

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:22 PM
me too.... wtf

ppl still have brain tissue, right?

CondiLicious
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Unless Monica actually helped to make the movie and told all her secrets it would be quite boring. Like most cheesy TV movies are. I'm not saying she has had a boring life cause obviously she hasn't but... These kinds of movies are usually crap.

Sam L
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:36 PM
How about a combined movie of all three stories? Sort of just like the Hours. Hopefully, it won't be as boring.
:haha:

Too funny. Although I personally loved the Hours.

I can already imagine...

The movie begins with Monica's stabbing.. and then it goes to Jennifer's shop lifting.. and then it cuts to the young Williams sisters practising tennis in L.A. whilst people are trying to sell drugs and amongst gun shots. And then it goes back to Monica when she was trying to recover physically.... and so on. :)

Sam L
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Minnie Driver as Monica Seles (surely we can get a better actress?
Marisa Tomei as Jennifer Capriati
Tyra Banks as Venus Williams
??? as Serena Williams

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:40 PM
... my kinda movie lol

faboozadoo15
i TRIPLE posted :eek:

??? as Serena Williams

i like your ideas.... and lil kim as serena

faboozadoo15
... my kinda movie lol

Spirit
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I could see a Martina Nav or Steffi Graf movie happening before Monica's.

(In any movie, Cate Blanchett could play Steffi so well it's frightening.)

Personally, one project I'd like to see is a book about Karolj Seles, Monica's father. That, I think, would be truly interesting.

rfs1999
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Go Monica!

faboozadoo15
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Go Monica!
there we go... the exclam is absolutely essential.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I would prefer to see one ON BOTH since they both came up at the same time and all :p :)

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=faboozadoo15]i TRIPLE posted :eek:

??? as Serena Williams

i like your ideas.... and lil kim as serena[/QUOTE Tyra banks ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: I HAVE NO IDEA why everyone is picking actresses between teh ages of 30 and 40 ! Gotta find some very YOUNG unknowns to play them..maybe those actresses could play there moms though :kiss: How about Kylie Minogue as Serena Williams mom..lmao! Almost as :lol: As Tyra Banks as venus! :lol:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:32 PM
And Portia De Rosse as ANNA Ks mom...if u people don;t know who this Beautiful woman is tune into the hot fox tv show ARESSTED DEVELOPEMENT or catch a rerun of ALLY MCMEAL :wavey:

Veritas
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM
there we go... the exclam is absolutely essential.

I imagine any support for Monica right now would be essential.

And I would definately buy tickets and - when it comes out - a dvd copy if the 'movie' proposal gets through.

DA FOREHAND
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

arcus
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Maybe Matthew Perry could play jennifer. That would be a laugh. Id pay my $8 for that.

Most actresses are to diminutive for Serena. Denzel kinda has the physique, although he'll need to hit the gym and get some silicone........... Would that ever be an oscar..........hehehe

Diya
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:07 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hello Its not a movie on Steffi Graf that we are talking about here so wake up already :devil:

faboozadoo15
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Hello Its not a movie on Steffi Graf that we are talking about here so wake up already :devil:
:haha: that movie sure would suck! although there would definitely be a good amount of material... all those damned slams, monica's taking over then getting stabbed, the stuff she had to go through with her father and that stuff, and then marrying andre agassi...

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I could see a Martina Nav or Steffi Graf movie happening before Monica's.

(In any movie, Cate Blanchett could play Steffi so well it's frightening.)

Personally, one project I'd like to see is a book about Karolj Seles, Monica's father. That, I think, would be truly interesting.
Actually they should have a tv series based on the lives of the wta stars through the years..however..this being fiction... it should all take place at ONE time..like if martina, steffi, the williams, evert,Henin, Hingis, austin, seles etc played at the same time..at there peaks D R A M A on showtime ?? Instead of the L word it would be the T word ;)

R&J
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:01 AM
do you think that one day there will be a movie made about the life of monica seles? i mean there's so many things that have happened that seem "movie quality" and the she's only 30...

im pretty sure that there will one day be a williams sisters movie, it's even been talked about, but i was just wondering how this would sound if i pitched it to ya.
I would definitely by tickets!

tennisIlove09
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Queen Latifah (sp?) to play Serena? :lol:

Anyways, don't bash The Hours...I *LOVE* that movie.

Spirit
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Actually they should have a tv series based on the lives of the wta stars through the years..however..this being fiction... it should all take place at ONE time..like if martina, steffi, the williams, evert,Henin, Hingis, austin, seles etc played at the same time..at there peaks D R A M A on showtime ?? Instead of the L word it would be the T word ;)
The world of figure skating is trying to launch "The Ice Channel." One of their proposed programs (http://www.theicechannel.com/sub.asp?pg=Programming):

“Ice Storm” (Live by tape delay, Mon-Fri, 2:30-3:30 p.m.) (Entertainment)

Soap opera melodrama taped in studio and on location with five episodes/week (repeated in marathon format on weekends from 12:00-5:00 p.m. as counter-programming); actors and skater guests in scripted drama that focuses on continuing romances, scandals, sex lives, politics, rivalries and changing relationships of skaters, coaches, agents, producers, parents, fans, federation officials and judges within the tumultuous skating world; written as fiction, often based on true storylines. #1 Daytime Show.

You can't make this stuff up! :D The Tennis Channel seriously needs to consider this...