PDA

View Full Version : I never saw the hand

esquímaux
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Last summer I had a busy summer job that gave me little time to see tennis. Anyways, I thought I'd let the chaos die down a little and ask if anyone could mail me a copy of this infamous "hand" match at the French Open :awww:

p.s. I'm never taking that internship again :eek:

esquímaux
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:15 PM
bump

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Its actually quite minor when u watch it.....its the crowds reaction which is what makes it worse...

harloo
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Oh no! Not the hand heard and seen around the world again!

Someone surely will have a copy.:lol: :)

MarcusRock
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I don't have the French Open hand photo but it sorta looks like this but with red clay and stuff in the background. Plus, back then I think Justine was wearing white and grey.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/TheHand.jpg

Glenn
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM
http://users.pandora.be/gugi/justineNO.jpg

;)

MarcusRock
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Cartoonist rendition:
http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/JustineW.gif

Brαm
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Justine's left hand has a life of its own :o

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030622/s6.jpg

esquímaux
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:46 PM
:lol: ok smarty-pants someone has to have a copy

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I have a copy but dont think it would work for USA videos....

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Justine's left hand has a life of its own :o

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030622/s6.jpg

:haha: :rolls: :haha: It´s wrong to say this, but seeing this pic one could really say: God straft meteen! Not even one or two weeks after the famed: I did, but I won´t say I did-incident, that happened to her.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Here we go some real proof. :devil: :devil: I never thought of it this way but how can you say that she doesn't do stuff on purpose when she gets worried. :eek: EWW why does she do that guess not enough confidence to finish a match cleanly without a hand up or a injury time out. :confused: :lol: :mad:

tennnisfannn
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Last summer I had a busy summer job that gave me little time to see tennis. Anyways, I thought I'd let the chaos die down a little and ask if anyone could mail me a copy of this infamous "hand" match at the French Open :awww:

p.s. I'm never taking that internship again :eek:You must be from Middle Earth or something, that incident was translated into every imaginable language, not to mention how every time Justine or Serena stepped on court three weeks later at Wimbledon they showed bits of it.
I suppose you missed the finger too at this year's AO, (not Kim's, that doesn't count), but Justine's. ;)

kosmikgroove
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM

p.s. I'm never taking that internship again :eek:

you didn't miss much except a bunch of people on this board going absolutely hysterical about Justine winning...

esquímaux
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM
You must be from Middle Earth or something, that incident was translated into every imaginable language, not to mention how every time Justine or Serena stepped on court three weeks later at Wimbledon they showed bits of it.
I suppose you missed the finger too at this year's AO, (not Kim's, that doesn't count), but Justine's. ;)
Well I guess they didn't translate it into the language of college-student-working-15-hours-a-day-just-to-sleep-and-do-it-again-day-in-and-day-out-all-summer? :scratch:

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I don't have the French Open hand photo but it sorta looks like this but with red clay and stuff in the background. Plus, back then I think Justine was wearing white and grey.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/TheHand.jpg

:haha:

MarcusRock, you kill me!!

Darran
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:11 PM
you didn't miss much except a bunch of people on this board going absolutely hysterical about Justine winning...

Aint that the truth!!

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:21 PM
There should be a clip on the internet somewhere. You just have to find it.

esquímaux
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:25 PM
ummm bump.

faste5683
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:26 PM

I know of a board that was upset because Serena served *despite* seeing Justine's hand. It all works out in the end...

:wavey:

tennisIlove09
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Cartoonist rendition:
LMFAO!

esquímaux
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:55 PM
bump. I'm serious :confused:

Volcana
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Do yourself (and us) a favor. Let it go. It'll never happen again.

alexusjonesfan
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:43 AM
um...so nobody has a tape they can mail esquimaux?

This is crazy :o

Try contacting the poster tennisvideos, dunno about tapes (check if he distributes US compatible stuff too) but he can even sell ya a dvd if needed (with the correct region of course) ;)

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:54 AM
http://users.pandora.be/gugi/justineNO.jpg

;)

Oh. jeez! Enough already. :haha:

What's everybody going to do? dig up every pic they can
find of Zhoo-steen waving to prove a point? :tape:

esquímaux
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:23 AM
um...so nobody has a tape they can mail esquimaux?

This is crazy :o

Try contacting the poster tennisvideos, dunno about tapes (check if he distributes US compatible stuff too) but he can even sell ya a dvd if needed (with the correct region of course) ;)

I guess not... :awww:

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Its actually quite minor when u watch it.....its the crowds reaction which is what makes it worse...

Its quite minor to the cheater fans because cheater benifited from it:rolleyes: . Had Serena pulled that stunt to avoid a first serve, it would not have been so minor:rolleyes:

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I know of a board that was upset because Serena served *despite* seeing Justine's hand. It all works out in the end...

Serenas serve was already up in the air and in motion when the cheater put her hand up, what was she supposed to do?:rolleyes: The cheaters coach admitied it and then bragged about it to the New York Times two weeks later at Wimbeldon.

Darran
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes:

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

faste5683
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Its quite minor to the cheater fans because cheater benifited from it:rolleyes: . Had Serena pulled that stunt to avoid a first serve, it would not have been so minor:rolleyes:

Justine wasn't trying to avoid a "first" serve, she wasn't ready to recieve serve at all. Happens every day.

vandy
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Justine was waiting for the crowd to stop making noise. And again, maybe she was a little upset that only seconds before Serena stopped play, pointed out(she was correct, but Justine couldn't see the replay),so it could have been Justine thought she was being cheated out of a chance to break back. And remember Wimbledon two weeks latter, when Venus hit the ball twice in doubles, and did not fess up. This was not a carry, which is harder to call but clearly two hits of the ball. Should Venus forever after be called a cheater? Justine is now a champion, with a heart of a champion. Serena had/has one as well. That was the moment. Only two right now have that mentality and guts on court. The rest of the players can win, but for now only two real champions.

MarcusRock
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:43 PM
You know what? If they showed replays of it during the Wimbledon final on NBC, I think I still have it on tape. Anyone know? I don't want to go looking for the tape if it isn't there.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:12 PM
yes, it's on the semis at the beginning I think with Serena and Justine.

Justine is the cheat, why are people denying this.
Serena threw the ball up, was half way through her serve, the chair person was watching Serena... Justine put her hand up, Serena tried stopping, and it was too late and serve went into net... Chair person looked at Justine, and Justine did not admit she put her hand up...
Now, how can u deny that when it's on tape?
Stupid Justine fans.
I agree, it's done and over with, but it won't be forgotten... and it definitely is not the first time Justine cheated, nor the last one I pressume.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:22 PM
yes, it's on the semis at the beginning I think with Serena and Justine.

Justine is the cheat, why are people denying this.
Serena threw the ball up, was half way through her serve, the chair person was watching Serena... Justine put her hand up, Serena tried stopping, and it was too late and serve went into net... Chair person looked at Justine, and Justine did not admit she put her hand up...
Now, how can u deny that when it's on tape?
Stupid Justine fans.
I agree, it's done and over with, but it won't be forgotten... and it definitely is not the first time Justine cheated, nor the last one I pressume.

Well said!

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Justine was waiting for the crowd to stop making noise. And again, maybe she was a little upset that only seconds before Serena stopped play, pointed out(she was correct, but Justine couldn't see the replay),so it could have been Justine thought she was being cheated out of a chance to break back. And remember Wimbledon two weeks latter, when Venus hit the ball twice in doubles, and did not fess up. This was not a carry, which is harder to call but clearly two hits of the ball. Should Venus forever after be called a cheater? Justine is now a champion, with a heart of a champion. Serena had/has one as well. That was the moment. Only two right now have that mentality and guts on court. The rest of the players can win, but for now only two real champions.

Serena HAD the heart of a champion?! What´s that supposed to mean?!

paellapan
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Serena HAD the heart of a champion?! What´s that supposed to mean?!

It seems like she has more heart for swimsuits nowadays :p

esquímaux
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Calm down ladies, I just want to see the match (the hand and the booing) not start and internationaltiff :eek: Does anyone have it on tape.

p.s. I went to the roland garros website and saw Serena's press conference after the match. You could feel the hurt in her voice when she said "fabricating" :sad:

vandy
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Justine held up her hand Serena continued to serve. Both are the same kind of player on court. Neither willing to give an inch, that is why they are better than anyone else. They are seperated from the rest. The U.S. open crowd was much harder on Justine, but she did not cry. The chair umpire at the French open overruled the linesman against Justine,seconds before Serena had to second serve. That why she did what she did. Justine isn't a cheat, but a throw back to the days of McEnroe, Conners, and Borg when every point was a battle, and each point would be fought for. And when Venus refused to admit she hit the ball twice at Wimbledon, wasn't it against the girl that whas just comming back from cancer? That wasn't very sporting was it? Lets not forget that.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Justine held up her hand Serena continued to serve. Both are the same kind of player on court. Neither willing to give an inch, that is why they are better than anyone else. They are seperated from the rest. The U.S. open crowd was much harder on Justine, but she did not cry. The chair umpire at the French open overruled the linesman against Justine,seconds before Serena had to second serve. That why she did what she did. Justine isn't a cheat, but a throw back to the days of McEnroe, Conners, and Borg when every point was a battle, and each point would be fought for. And when Venus refused to admit she hit the ball twice at Wimbledon, wasn't it against the girl that whas just comming back from cancer? That wasn't very sporting was it? Lets not forget that.

Please, please...u wanna compare what Venus did to what Justine did?! You ain´t even sure that Venus DID hit the ball twice...no one can see that.

MarcusRock
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:04 PM
yes, it's on the semis at the beginning I think with Serena and Justine.Dude, I went, found the tape and fast forwarded through that entire match on the basis of what you said and they didn't show any clips of the French Open thing. If I wasn't a nice guy, I'd negative rep you to death. :lol:

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Cartoonist rendition:

Hey Marcus, we miss you in Tinseltown. I hope all is well for you. Come back and visit your old crowd sometime. I see you've pulled Bakerboo over here with you, LOL. I just can't leave my first love, even with all the scum around the edges. I hope we'll have the pleasure of your company during the Roland Garros to run the comp. Navin did a good job, but it wasn't the same without you and Serena, LOL.

I certainly miss your humor. Take care. Love, De

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Justine wasn't trying to avoid a "first" serve, she wasn't ready to recieve serve at all. Happens every day.

Is that you???

vandy
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Posted by bandabou
Please, please...u wanna compare what Venus did to what Justine did?! You ain´t even sure that Venus DID hit the ball twice...no one can see that.

The point is that Venus knew she hit the ball twice. The players on the other side of the net knew it and described what Venus did.
And the replay showed it clearly. So maybe Venus is actually the one who is the cheater and this was against someone that just recovered from cancer. That wasn't very sporting was it?

esquímaux
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
...ummm can anybody hear me...:wavey:

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Dude, I went, found the tape and fast forwarded through that entire match on the basis of what you said and they didn't show any clips of the French Open thing. If I wasn't a nice guy, I'd negative rep you to death. :lol:

It is there. There is an ESPN version and a NBC version, I think it's on the ESPN version.

Knizzle
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Posted by bandabou

The point is that Venus knew she hit the ball twice. The players on the other side of the net knew it and described what Venus did.
And the replay showed it clearly. So maybe Venus is actually the one who is the cheater and this was against someone that just recovered from cancer. That wasn't very sporting was it?

Let me explain something to you. The rule is if you strike the ball and continue forward with your swing it doesn't matter if you hit it twice. Venus was hitting a reflex volley and yes she did hit it twice, but the issue it whether she swung her racquet twice which is the decision of the umpire. He had to go on what he saw. He ruled that Venus didn't swing twice.

bandabou
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Posted by bandabou

Maybe not, but was is it comparable to what Justine did?! The hit-twice thing is a bit tricky...

faste5683
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Is that you???

DEDE! :banana:

Yeah, it's me. Don't tell anybody though, my identity here is secret.

:rolls:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:36 PM
DEDE! :banana:

Yeah, it's me. Don't tell anybody though, my identity here is secret.

:rolls:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
ED!!!!

lololol :lol: lololol
Mine too, but I would've never guessed it was you. ;)

esquímaux
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:40 PM
oi! :o

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:44 PM
oi! :o
Marcus said he was going to try and get it for you. Try a search engine and look for the 2003 RG womens' semi-final. Maybe you will be able to come up with it. Apparently no one has a copy of it here thus far. Sorry! :awww:

esquímaux
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:51 PM
okay :drive:

Serendy Willick
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Venus did nothing wrong, that was an attempt by Cheater fans to take the heat off of Cheater. Even Pam fake ass shriver who is a doubles expert said that Venus did nothing wrong. It was not a double hit because Venus did not hit the ball in the same motion. BTW what in the hell does cancer have to do with a doubles match?:rolleyes: The fact of the matter is Cheater was wrong and if you need further proof just look at the New York Times article by her piece of shyt coach bragging about it two weeks later.

MarcusRock
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:57 PM
It is there. There is an ESPN version and a NBC version, I think it's on the ESPN version.I only have the Wimbledon final. I think you meant that they showed it during the Wimbledon semis. Maybe I misunderstood.

:smash: