PDA

View Full Version : Justine's chances at the Golden Grand Slam

mimbari24
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:55 AM
As i see it right now, Justine will win Roland Garros probably easier even then the AO. She could face problems at Wimbledon if Serena and Venus are above 85%-90% prepared, but if they lose early, or are injured she'll win this one too? After that she'll have so much steam and confidence only a nearly 100% match tough williams could stop her. I truly doubt she will win it all but what are her chances? As it looks now (without Serena, Capriati, or Amile, and Venus injured) i'd give her a 30%-50% chance.

mimbari24
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:00 AM
true, i'm just projecting from how the season is looking right at the moment, but I did put her chances high, but i'll still give her 10%-20%

7~ŒLęV3ņ―
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:03 AM
I guess that these injured players would probably be healed in 3 months time ?? noh :confused:

I think that, even thought you're Henin, Roland Garros is still the gonna be harder than AO, Zuluaga in the semis?
lets hope that all the top players would be back by then...:angel:

and for Wimbledon and US OPEN, im guessing that these injury that would sideline the Williams for 6 months wont happen back-to-back.

Andrew.
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:10 AM
We already have AO. RG should be easy for her to defend. Wimby will be anothre story, but I think she can pull it off, as she has made the finals there before. Olypics should be her's also. But the US Open I am almost positive will not be Justine's in 2004. By that time, most of the players should be ready to go, and Justine will quite frankly be exhausted.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:14 AM
i hope she gets it!

but if she HAS to win wimby AND the olympics, i hope venus/kim/serena win the FO and the USO.

and justine's also missing the year-end championships on her resume, but that can wait.

tennisIlove09
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Roland Garros is *the* toughest tournament to win, yet alone defend. There are so many great clay courters in the world that can pull upsets. Obviously the top players are there as well.

If Henin-Hardenne defends the French...and one or both of the Williams are still injured by then, we can talk Golden Slam. Until then, I don't see a chance in hell of it happening.

Greenout
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:17 AM
She's focused on the OLYMPICS. The US OPEN is there for the taking
for Kimmy, LD,Venus and anybody else interested. :lol:

TennisHack
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:03 AM
She has no chance. The Olympics and the US Open are too close. Even with two more very decimated draws like this year's AO -- that's just too much big tennis in too little a time.

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:06 AM
She has no chance. The Olympics and the US Open are too close. Even with two more very decimated draws like this year's AO -- that's just too much big tennis in too little a time.
Oh well, stranger things have happened with JHH... :rolleyes: This said, I don't see her winning the FO again. I don't know why, it's just a feeling :shrug: BUT... *repeats first sentence* ;)

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:14 AM
So u r saying that sheīs gonna AND win Wimbledon AND defend the u.s. open?! Whowwww!! Did Serena and Venus retire altogether now?!

LucasArg
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I don't see Justine winning Wimbly with Serena, Venus, Jennifer healthy in the draw.

malaye
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Jen was healthy in 2001, wasn’t she ?

Lady
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I'm curious too, what healthy Jennifer has to do with Wimby, it's not like she has beaten Justine a lot in the past, especially in Wimbledon! ;)

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Totally disagree. Justine would value another US Open title much more than Olympic gold.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:48 AM
So u r saying that sheīs gonna AND win Wimbledon AND defend the u.s. open?! Whowwww!! Did Serena and Venus retire altogether now?!

Nah, mimbari didn't say that at all.

Lady
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Well, if unbelievable happens, and Justine is AO, RG, Wimby & Olympics Champion at the begginning of the US Open, I believe she'll be highly motivated for US Open too! ;)

Sam L
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Her chance for Golden Grand Slam = 0%

Her chance for "Justine Slam" = 75% (She should defend the French Open, and Wimbledon is a strong possibility)

Justine Slam = US Open 2003, Australian Open 2004, French Open 2004, Wimbledon 2004. :angel:

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Not retiring no, but when was the last time both were healthy??

Does this question occur every time a player wins the AO, wait and if she wins Wimbeldon lets discuss it.

DA FOREHAND
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM
%0

The Crow
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Her chances are slim, but bigger than 0. The latter is the chance of all other players.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Not retiring no, but when was the last time both were healthy??

Does this question occur every time a player wins the AO, wait and if she wins Wimbeldon lets discuss it.

Well, then youīll have to wait a looooooooooooonnnnggg time!

DA FOREHAND
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:09 PM
%1

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Well, then youīll have to wait a looooooooooooonnnnggg time!
Not really, just til June. I didnt say she WOULD win it, all I said was why talk about something that is along way off.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Not really, just til June. I didnt say she WOULD win it, all I said was why talk about something that is along way off.

Of course you CANīT say so, because she WONīT.

BUt youīre right, itīs still early.

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Of course you CANīT say so, because she WONīT.

BUt youīre right, itīs still early.
So if injury prone Serena and Venus aren't there, who exactly is gonna stop her. Its over-dependant on them being 100% and how do u know that will happen?

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:24 PM
So if injury prone Serena and Venus aren't there, who exactly is gonna stop her. Its over-dependant on them being 100% and how do u know that will happen?

As long as you know what the key is!

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM
As long as you know what the key is!
Thats not the key but it is a factor like others.

bigshow21
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Heck No!! Justine is not going to win it! She only won the AO this year because she played 15 yr olds. Once the competition comes back, it will be much more difficult for her (and fair). Jennifer Capriait is going to kick ass!!!!! :)

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Thats not the key but it is a factor like others.

hey, hey, hey....we arenīt going into denial mode are we?! If the name Williams is in the draw, we all know Justine ainīt winning, right?! O.k....

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Heck No!! Justine is not going to win it! She only won the AO this year because she played 15 yr olds. Once the competition comes back, it will be much more difficult for her (and fair). Jennifer Capriait is going to kick ass!!!!! :)
Kick who's ass exactly?!! Remeber this is the same player who performed one of the worse chokes i have ever seen at the Us open last yr. Not to mention her failure to beat any decent player around. its over for her.

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:34 PM
hey, hey, hey....we arenīt going into denial mode are we?! If the name Williams is in the draw, we all know Justine ainīt winning, right?! O.k....
We will see....

Smart
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I'm a proud fan of Justine but I think it will be almost impossible to win all GS tournaments this year. However, I don't care about Williamses since they will never be back on court with the same power and spirit as they dominated a few years ago. V. Williams showed at the Oz Open that she wasn't unbeatable in the third round any longer. And S. Williams has a great deal of work to do with her fashion so tennis is #2 in her life by now. Clijsters will find the winning streak someday but not in the GS finals against Juju. :)

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I'm a proud fan of Justine but I think it will be almost impossible to win all GS tournaments this year. However, I don't care about Williamses since they will never be back on court with the same power and spirit as they dominated a few years ago. V. Williams showed at the Oz Open that she wasn't unbeatable in the third round any longer. And S. Williams has a great deal of work to do with her fashion so tennis is #2 in her life by now. Clijsters will find the winning streak someday but not in the GS finals against Juju. :)

Yeah, yeah...about the Williamses: Iīm sure you meant: you HOPE that they wonīt return as dominating as they were before....

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM
We will see....

yep....we will see, but tell her one thing: Stop trying so hard to serve hard. She keeps going for the big serves and none are getting over the net....and she ainīt beating a Williams with just second-serves.

JustineTime
NEWSFLASH!!!

Justine did not, repeat did NOT win RG '03 and AO '04!

There were Williamses in the draw, remember?

:rolleyes:

Gandalf
I think that she may win Wimbledon someday, but I would be shocked if she won the Grand Slam, and even more the Golden Grand Slam. I don't think she will unless all her draws are similar to this last Australian Open...

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah, yeah...about the Williamses: Iīm sure you meant: you HOPE that they wonīt return as dominating as they were before....
I wouldnt be so confident, we have seen Venus not doing much recently.....injuries do take their toll...

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:42 PM
NEWSFLASH!!!

Justine did not, repeat did NOT win RG '03 and AO '04!

There were Williamses in the draw, remember?

:rolleyes:

Newsflash two:

Me and Craz were discussing Wimbledon. See ya! :wavey:

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I wouldnt be so confident, we have seen Venus not doing much recently.....injuries do take their toll...

Of course..one thing I do know: Maybe the Williamses wonīt be as dominating as they were, but the Belgians for sure ARENīT gonna continue the domination. Fact.

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Of course..one thing I do know: Maybe the Williamses wonīt be as dominating as they were, but the Belgians for sure ARENīT gonna continue the domination. Fact.
No, but surely that is good for tennis. We dont want total domination. I didnt find anything more boring when i started getting into tennis than Sampras winning Wim every yr.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:48 PM
NO WAY IN HELL WILL JUSTINE WIN THE GOLDEN GRAND SLAM!!!! :devil: :lol: Justine better enjoy while it lasts. There is no one good playing right now. Just wait in a few weeks Jennifer will be back along with the Venus, Serena and Amelie and it will make it a little harder on Justine. SHe won't just be playing little kids. She isn't really playing anyone right now and all of her fans know it. She is a cheater and will go down. Jennifer is not done either. She is only 27 and is playing good. For all of you who count her out she must be pretty good because she is #5 in the world.

Justine :devil: is going down and Jennifer is on her way up :worship: !!!!

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:49 PM
No, but surely that is good for tennis. We dont want total domination. I didnt find anything more boring when i started getting into tennis than Sampras winning Wim every yr.

So you wouldnīt mind Serena getting her revenge at the French?!

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM
So you wouldnīt mind Serena getting her revenge at the French?!
No, if Justine can have Wimbeldon then it'll be ok ;)

Justine is going down and Jennifer is on her way up!!!!
Yes, keep telling yourself that.....

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM
No, if Justine can have Wimbeldon then it'll be ok ;)

Yes, keep telling yourself that.....

aaaah....now I get the reference to Petey!!

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM
aaaah....now I get the reference to Petey!!
????

bigshow21
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:02 PM
NO WAY IN HELL WILL JUSTINE WIN THE GOLDEN GRAND SLAM!!!! :devil: :lol: Justine better enjoy while it lasts. There is no one good playing right now. Just wait in a few weeks Jennifer will be back along with the Venus, Serena and Amelie and it will make it a little harder on Justine. SHe won't just be playing little kids. She isn't really playing anyone right now and all of her fans know it. She is a cheater and will go down. Jennifer is not done either. She is only 27 and is playing good. For all of you who count her out she must be pretty good because she is #5 in the world.

Justine :devil: is going down and Jennifer is on her way up :worship: !!!!

Very well said. I agree with you.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:02 PM
????

Pete winning Wimbledon was boring to you, right?! Then when I asked you if Serena getting her revenge at the French over Justine would be aight, you were quick to say: Only if Justine can have Wimbledon.

Then my guess was that watching only a Williams win Wimbledon this millenium/century so far, would be boring too,no?!

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Pete winning Wimbledon was boring to you, right?! Then when I asked you if Serena getting her revenge at the French over Justine would be aight, you were quick to say: Only if Justine can have Wimbledon.

Then my guess was that watching only a Williams win Wimbledon this millenium/century so far, would be boring too,no?!
Sorry got u. The Williams finals are not boring like Sampras' where he was just far too good for anyone else. I'm not saying it is that bad yet but u have to admit the same person winning over and over again is boring.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Sorry got u. The Williams finals are not boring like Sampras' where he was just far too good for anyone else. I'm not saying it is that bad yet but u have to admit the same person winning over and over again is boring.

Aaah....they are SO good at Wimbledon, it ainīt even boring,huh?!

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Aaah....they are SO good at Wimbledon, it ainīt even boring,huh?!
They play good matches like Serena-Jen or even Kim-Venus. Unlike Pete. I liked him but him at Wimbeldon was so boring...

kim&lleyton
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I think she hasn't got much change!!!
about 3 or 4 %

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:44 PM
They play good matches like Serena-Jen or even Kim-Venus. Unlike Pete. I liked him but him at Wimbeldon was so boring...

See...The sisters ainīt that bad.

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM
See...The sisters ainīt that bad.
Nah, never said they were. Btw who is your fav male player?

Allez-H
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I can only say one thing:Never say never ;)

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Nah, never said they were. Btw who is your fav male player?

My fav male: Roger Federer.....and heīs gonna be Pete-like at wimbledon imo.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I can only say one thing:Never say never ;)

I think the Williamses have already proven that, when winning Roland Garros despite all the talks.

Although for Justine to win Wimbledon, hmm....

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:59 PM
My fav male: Roger Federer.....and heīs gonna be Pete-like at wimbledon imo.
oh noo...please....i dont think he will anyway, not got Pete's determination to keep winning and winning....

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:02 PM
oh noo...please....i dont think he will anyway, not got Pete's determination to keep winning and winning....

That was BEFORE he learned how to beat Nalbandian.

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:04 PM
That was BEFORE he learned how to beat Nalbandian.
Yes it took him time. Interesting how he has such a problem with Nalbandian but none at all with Roddick.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Yes it took him time. Interesting how he has such a problem with Nalbandian but none at all with Roddick.

And not even with Marat either..another fav, btw.

I really love it when Roger plays Andy....normally Andy is all cockiness and stuff, but against Roger..there is NOTHING he can do!

Crazy_Fool
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:11 PM
And not even with Marat either..another fav, btw.

I really love it when Roger plays Andy....normally Andy is all cockiness and stuff, but against Roger..there is NOTHING he can do!
No, well not at Wimbeldon, he really got a lesson there. But their game in Montreal was quality, I do think Roddick can win more....

Allez-H
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I think the Williamses have already proven that, when winning Roland Garros despite all the talks.

Although for Justine to win Wimbledon, hmm....
Well,Justine might prove you wrong ;)

Nikola
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:42 PM
:bounce:

shap_half
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Band, why is it that the Williams are capable of overcoming their difficulties, but Justine can't?

Let's see: used have problems choking, not choking anymore. Used to have problems against, Kim, Lindsay, Monica, and Jen, doesn't have those problems anymore.

What's keeping her from beating Venus or Serena at Wimbledon?

I must say though that Venus and Serena are the best on grass, that's something that I know (Venus being better than Serena). But with Justine as the third favorite to win, I think that those are great chances.

DA FOREHAND
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:03 PM
My bad I thought the thread was about winning The Grand Slam....not Wimbledon.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:10 PM
No, well not at Wimbeldon, he really got a lesson there. But their game in Montreal was quality, I do think Roddick can win more....

he: Roddick better start...itīs amazing how heīs got the weakest record against all the generation-next players

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Well,Justine might prove you wrong ;)

Maybe, maybe...if sheīs planning to play for a long time, she may just outlast the Williamses( or maybe not.)

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Band, why is it that the Williams are capable of overcoming their difficulties, but Justine can't?

Let's see: used have problems choking, not choking anymore. Used to have problems against, Kim, Lindsay, Monica, and Jen, doesn't have those problems anymore.

What's keeping her from beating Venus or Serena at Wimbledon?

I must say though that Venus and Serena are the best on grass, that's something that I know (Venus being better than Serena). But with Justine as the third favorite to win, I think that those are great chances.

You do have a point....although from not being competitive AT ALL against the sisters to going all the way to beat them....hmmm Iīd say that that is a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE step to make, donīt you think?!

Allez-H
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Maybe, maybe...if sheīs planning to play for a long time, she may just outlast the Williamses( or maybe not.)
Well,I can tell you that,if her body can handlle it,she want's a long career.She says that she doesn't see her self ending her career at the age of 25

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Well,I can tell you that,if her body can handlle it,she want's a long career.She says that she doesn't see her self ending her career at the age of 25

Yep...so she just might do it..then again, by that time it may not even be about the Williamses anymore. It may be some Kristen Flipkens or Maria S or some other youngster, that is preventing her.

Allez-H
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:17 PM
You do have a point....although from not being competitive AT ALL against the sisters to going all the way to beat them....hmmm Iīd say that that is a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE step to make, donīt you think?!
Well,she went from being a huge choker (especialy against Kim)to the total opposite.Isn't that huge step?

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Well,she went from being a huge choker (especialy against Kim)to the total opposite.Isn't that huge step?

Of course....but you wanna compare Serena and Venus to Kim?!

Donīt think so!

Rub
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:10 AM
she cannot win them all this year... for sure!